Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PeercoinTalk.org's Community Interview With Sunny King #4 (Transcript)  (Read 1005 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

We just finished up interview #4 with Peercoin/Primecoin developer Sunny King. The full transcript is linked below. The topics that were discussed include cold-locked minting, how Peercoin and Primecoin relate to each other, improving security, removing checkpoints, v0.5, expanding the Peercoin development team, etc...

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2934.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:01:05 AM

"Sunny King: Like I said, I am looking at possible side chain infrastructure development, we don't want to be left behind bitcoin in this area."

I am very excited for Sunny King to challenge bitcoin in side chain development.

river333

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:10:08 PM

I think this was one of the best interviews so far. I got a lot of answers to things I've been wondering about for a while.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

I think this was one of the best interviews so far. I got a lot of answers to things I've been wondering about for a while.

Like what? Just wondering.
learnmore

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

I find it very promising that Sunny King is pushing for more community involvement in the development of Peercoin.  As hinted in his parting comments, this project is really about a "philosophy" and a much bigger struggle than topping out coinmarketcap.com for the day.  The paradigm shift we are approaching will demand the insights and solutions of more than any single developer.  Like Mr. Nakamoto, Sunny has illustrated his maturity and foresight by welcoming the contributions of other great minds while at the same time establishing a firm standard for stability and security.  We have to remember that these are the CompuServe days of decentralized blockchain technology.  There are unimaginable innovations to come and there will be many, many more "alternative" get-rich-quick schemes before the true leaders emerge.  In this environment value can easily be overlooked and misplaced; however Peercoin's long track record remains a scarce and appreciating asset that can never again be duplicated.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:37:17 PM

I find it very promising that Sunny King is pushing for more community involvement in the development of Peercoin.  As hinted in his parting comments, this project is really about a "philosophy" and a much bigger struggle than topping out coinmarketcap.com for the day.  The paradigm shift we are approaching will demand the insights and solutions of more than any single developer.  Like Mr. Nakamoto, Sunny has illustrated his maturity and foresight by welcoming the contributions of other great minds while at the same time establishing a firm standard for stability and security.  We have to remember that these are the CompuServe days of decentralized blockchain technology.  There are unimaginable innovations to come and there will be many, many more "alternative" get-rich-quick schemes before the true leaders emerge.  In this environment value can easily be overlooked and misplaced; however Peercoin's long track record remains a scarce and appreciating asset that can never again be duplicated.

I agree, it's very exciting to see Sunny finally willing to bring on and work with other developers toward solutions like cold-locked minting
river333

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

Like what? Just wondering.

Nothing revolutionary really, I was just happy with most of his answers and they made me satisfied that development is continuing in the right direction. The clarification on checkpoints was helpful, and I was also glad to see Sunny willing to open up core development to others.

I also really need to research sidechains more!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: