Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COINEXCHANGER. WHATS GOING ON?  (Read 937 times)
caradenada (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:47:25 PM

Hello, the site coinexchanger.com has been "Under manteinance" for almost 10 days. In the past, this happened but not for so long time. I think maybe its about the btc price fall, but i sent them an email and receive no answer. I have 200 btc deposited there. They are really serious as i think, at least by my side, i never have troubles and they always keep my btc and money safe. But if everyone nows whats going on, please help me. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:48:13 PM

What were you thinking?!
caradenada (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:52:19 PM

About what?. AS i told you, i worked with them for more than 3 months, and they always show me they are serious. I dont belive they are gonna close, i repeat, i think this is about the btc fall, to protect themselves from the opportunistic people. Lets see what happens in the next days, i think they will be operative really soon.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:01:31 PM

What are Maria ana Leo cooking up in the kitchen this time?

jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:53:28 PM

Hello, the site coinexchanger.com has been "Under manteinance" for almost 10 days. In the past, this happened but not for so long time. I think maybe its about the btc price fall, but i sent them an email and receive no answer. I have 200 btc deposited there. They are really serious as i think, at least by my side, i never have troubles and they always keep my btc and money safe. But if everyone nows whats going on, please help me. Thanks.
This is so full of fail...

Did you use the exchange as storage? You know you're not supposed to do that, right?
If you used those 200 BTC for speculation, remember never to speculate with what you can't afford to lose.

In either case, that's what you get for entrusting your funds to non-reputable sites.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:05:15 PM

+1...Epic ones too
caradenada (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:56:40 PM

Did you use the exchange as storage? You know you're not supposed to do that, right?
If you used those 200 BTC for speculation, remember never to speculate with what you can't afford to lose.

In either case, that's what you get for entrusting your funds to non-reputable sites.

First of all, i dont post this thread asking for your tips on how to use my money. Second, i never write that i storage that 200 btc in coinexchanger, i transfer that money from other respected wallet, to withdraw that money into my liberty reserve account, because coinexchanger do that instantly (in case you dont know that). Third, i didnt say i use that 200 btc for speculation, so don suppose things i didnt said please. And fourth i ve been using coinexchanger for a long time and they are respectable an serious, i just post asking for your opinions, not for you to tell me what to do with my money or how to use it, im in this bussines for a long time, and belive me, it goes me really well, thanks godness.
CoinExchanger

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 11:30:01 PM

First of all, i dont post this thread asking for your tips on how to use my money. Second, i never write that i storage that 200 btc in coinexchanger, i transfer that money from other respected wallet, to withdraw that money into my liberty reserve account, because coinexchanger do that instantly (in case you dont know that). Third, i didnt say i use that 200 btc for speculation, so don suppose things i didnt said please. And fourth i ve been using coinexchanger for a long time and they are respectable an serious, i just post asking for your opinions, not for you to tell me what to do with my money or how to use it, im in this bussines for a long time, and belive me, it goes me really well, thanks godness.

We are happy to hear that the issue was solved. Let us know ASAP if you need anything else.

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 11:38:25 PM

This seems relevant because it's about his scammy, illegal exchange and fraudulent business practices.

We just received another 12K BTC. It looks like the guy is dumping his collection on www.coinexchanger.com

Block 169381 address 12F1GhUbVJvNW6ki1fRG1ZgeTkm2FixLLi

If that's you, Leo, you're holding stolen coins.

http://blockchain.info/address/0d9e2cd87cef275505cd1a831a8fdf86cd2ff571

That looks right my friend. I will hold on to the funds until someone claims them. 30 days, after that im sending some to CryptoXchange, some to Gox and some to the TOR network.

So now your going to steal them too?

I paid for those 12K coins already. They are mine to do as I please.

Fincen does not regulate bitcoin. Nor any agency will investigate on the missing coins because lost bitcoins does not mean anything to anybody except for the person who lost them.

Witnessed.

Anyone who has a problem with this outrageousness, please write separate letters to FinCEN and feel free to visit Mr. Camilo and express your concerns.

Leo Camilo        (atqcapital@gmail.com)
    440 9th ave
    new york
    New York,10001
    US
    Tel. +1.3474691040

This establishment connected to CoinExchanger.com (an illegally run money services business without an MSB license) is the address for Uncle Jacks Restaurant.

You can contact the main line and confirm Leo Camilo's position there by phone at: (212) 244-0005

You'll probably find him working in the back as a busboy or in the kitchen washing dishes I'm sure.

I'm sure his pride in accepting stolen bitcoins and operating an illegal exchange registered to this address should be made clear after confirming he works there regularly. It is something all his customers at the restaurant should be made aware of I believe. If he doesn't think bitcoins are anything more than monopoly money, maybe he also thinks that using dangerous ingredients is alright too? Crazy people do crazy things...

Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Westside 9th Avenue Details
Dining Style: Casual Elegant
Email: info@unclejacks.com
Phone: (212) 244-0005
Hours of Operation: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Cross Street: 34th Street
Public Transit: Penn Station and 1, 2, 3, A, C, E subways within two blocks. Walking distance to Port Authority bus depot and B, D, F, M, N, Q, R subways. Local bus lines.
Parking: Public Lot
Parking Details: Parking lots and garages within 1 block.
Payment Options: AMEX, JCB, MasterCard, Visa
Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
Executive Chef: William Jack Degel
Dress Code: Business Casual
Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Catering: Please email Muhammed@unclejacks.com for private party and catering info.
Special Events & Promotions: Also a 'Kids Under 12' meal for $29.95. Manhattan locations only. Uncle Jack’s is now proud to offer all inclusive, 3-course Prix-fixe lunch. Just $24.95. Ask your server or bartender for details. Tuesdays: all wines on our list are half price for Lifestyle members. If you aren’t a member, you can become one in an instant. Thursdays: Two-For-One Happy Hours from 3-8 PM at the bar for EVERYONE!!! (some exclusions may apply)

Sounds like the kind of scammy shit Leo would pull on his customers. "Hey this gold locket isn't really valuable, it's just a monopoly necklace! It's mine now because a lost necklace and tickets is only worth something to the person who lost them!"

Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 11:56:15 PM

Matthew N. Wright, nice job.

By the way:
Service Fees
Transaction Fee: 0.80%
Withdrawal Fee: 9.00%

This is insane  Shocked

Bitcoin is the future !
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:01:31 AM

Seriously, don't go into business if you totally suck at it.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:18:01 AM

I am almost sure that bitcoinica.com is out of funds and they are keeping the site open to get more deposits and ponzi those deposits on those who want to withdrawal. The 17 year old just lost 250,000 Dollars and I doubt he has an extra 250K to cover his loss.

I would encourage everyone to withdrawal your funds from bitcoinica and watch the shit hit the fan.

We will lower our withdrawal fee in the next couple of days, in the meantime 9% is fair.

CoinExchanger.com is an admittedly unregistered MLB (money license business) that must be registered by FinCEN within 6 months of opening their doors and sharing their first stored value. They have not done so and are in direct violation of federal law.

The owner of CoinExchanger.com is Leo Camilo, who advertises his address as 440 9th ave, New york, New York,10001 US and personal telephone number 1 (347) 469-1040.

His private email (search google) is atqcapital@gmail.com.

He has publicly stated on multiple occasions that:

• bitcoin is fake money, "monopoly money" and has no value and should not be trusted for this reason.
  • his exchange is functional with a large user base, when not a single user has ever reportedly done business with him
  • he is holding coins stolen from Zhou Tong's Bitcoinica and says "fuck you Zhou, you're just a stupid 17 year old kid, these coins are mine now" basically.

He also:

• goes under the sock puppet scammer account name "Maria"
  • claims to be a millionaire and restaurant owner

He is currently in possession of stolen Bitcoins from the Linode hack and any coins purchased from him will not be accepted by MtGox or anyone in the Bitcoin community.

vmarchuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:42:35 AM

By the way:
Service Fees
Transaction Fee: 0.80%
Withdrawal Fee: 9.00%

9% !!! Щo Huh

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:45:16 AM

We are happy to hear that the issue was solved. Let us know ASAP if you need anything else.

Am I missing something? What was solved?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:46:19 AM

You've just witnessed typical scammy fuck being typically fucking scammy.

Newbie with no history asks question, scammy fuck replies, and newbie is amazed!

They're a sock puppet.

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:51:17 AM

WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS ASAP!

CoinExchanger has a poor reputation on these forums, and some have suggested legal actions being brought against them.  If they were going to disappear, it might be soon.  Get your money out if you still have it there!  It is not a secure place to keep deposits right now.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:54:46 AM

You've just witnessed typical scammy fuck being typically fucking scammy.

Newbie with no history asks question, scammy fuck replies, and newbie is amazed!

They're a sock puppet.

Ah, Matthew, your faith in human nature never fails to touch me. Mostly in ways I don't like being touched, but that's another story for another Bleep Day.

All I meant was I didn't see the newbs question - why is the site down and wtf is going on - answered. Was it?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: