Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC exchcange rates  (Read 3706 times)
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 02:53:31 PM

Did you hear something? It's just like someone posted before me but… wait… we don't really care anyway.

Unlearn to speak for everyone

Unlearn to speaking bad engrish.  You are literally the only person on this forum that I can never understand.  I'm not sure if you're misinformed, or you just can't convey your ideas in our language.

mtgox draws you by a virtual prices. Yet no one was able to withdraw a large sum in USD from it. The difference between money on the site and the money in your pocket becomes quite significant in this case. Why people do not understand this?

What the hell does this mean?  It sounds like you're saying the prices are wrong because you can't take the money out, but I just cashed out 390 MTGUSD for $390 in my paypal 15 minutes later.  Anyone with a bank account can withdraw directly from mtgox in a few days (normal banking timeframes) if they meet the $800 minimum.  If you are referring to the $1000 a day limit, there may be a point here.  However, I couldn't care less about that since I would be really lucky to need more than a week to withdraw my funds.  I'm a small player, and I like to imagine there are more like me than people with multiple thousands invested.  Cash inflows are good, but IMHO, the more distributed the coins are the healthier the economy will be.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:05:37 PM

mtgox draws you by a virtual prices. Yet no one was able to withdraw a large sum in USD from it. The difference between money on the site and the money in your pocket becomes quite significant in this case. Why people do not understand this?

What the hell does this mean?  It sounds like you're saying the prices are wrong because you can't take the money out, but I just cashed out 390 MTGUSD for $390 in my paypal 15 minutes later.  Anyone with a bank account can withdraw directly from mtgox in a few days (normal banking timeframes) if they meet the $800 minimum.  If you are referring to the $1000 a day limit, there may be a point here.  However, I couldn't care less about that since I would be really lucky to need more than a week to withdraw my funds.  I'm a small player, and I like to imagine there are more like me than people with multiple thousands invested.  Cash inflows are good, but IMHO, the more distributed the coins are the healthier the economy will be.

Plus, we are working on lifting this limitation. This will however require filling some requirements (KYC-like, we cannot send huge amounts of funds blindly to just anyone, that's what the law says). More details to come~
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: