Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: price reaction by ghash.io moving to 51%  (Read 605 times)
noSlave (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:33:29 AM

What do you think will happen to the price if Ghash.io continues their growing the next day?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

I wouldn't worry to much about it happening at all if i were you cause if it does go past 51% then the miners are only hurting their own profits.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:23:37 PM

So far there hasn't been much movement with respect to the price, I think that people are keeping their shit together.

Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:33:36 AM

What do you think will happen to the price if Ghash.io continues their growing the next day?

I would find it unlikely that ghash would ever actually control 51% of the mining capacity of the network. The last time they approached 51% the price of their GH/s rose substantially and their share of the network declined. This would lead me to believe that they repurchased some of their traded capacity and took it offline.

I don't think the price of BTC would be affected if ghash got 51% of the network as long as there is not an attacked against the network. Having 51% of the network would only allow them to possibly launch an attack, it does not mean they will launch an attack.

ghash (and cex) have a lot of money invested in the bitcoin economy and would stand to lose considerably if faith in bitcoin were to be reduced substantially 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: