Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos, please help!  (Read 1655 times)
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:10:44 AM

Im just wondering if putting a password question in the account will protect it as well as you will know the answer to the question and hacker wont? 

There are any # of additional measures that can be taken - 2FA, secret question, secret pin, etc... Any of which would be fairly
easy to implement.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:52:51 AM

Im just wondering if putting a password question in the account will protect it as well as you will know the answer to the question and hacker wont? 

There are any # of additional measures that can be taken - 2FA, secret question, secret pin, etc... Any of which would be fairly
easy to implement.

As it is a Bitcoin forum, binding it with a bitcoin address for recovery is the best option and that is implemented. Just people need to be aware of it or at the time of registration there should be an exclusive mention to it. There are lot of profiles on this forum which is not associated with any address. It is difficult to recover them if they face a hack.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:52:56 AM

As it is a Bitcoin forum, binding it with a bitcoin address for recovery is the best option and that is implemented. Just people need to be aware of it or at the time of registration there should be an exclusive mention to it. There are lot of profiles on this forum which is not associated with any address. It is difficult to recover them if they face a hack.

This feature must have been implemented recently. Back when I registered in 2011, we did not have this option. People would put address in their sig, but that was more for begging for donations.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 12:21:06 PM

easy to implement.

I had a BTC address bound to the previous account. Still no joy from on high. No big deal now. At this point it would
be an even bigger pain in the ass if the account got restored to me.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

easy to implement.

I had a BTC address bound to the previous account. Still no joy from on high. No big deal now. At this point it would

If u posted an address from your account, then why dont u show theymos that u can send Tx out of it. Just ask him to provide an address and send him a negligible amount to show your ownership. Then what stops u from recovering your account ?

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

easy to implement.

If u posted an address from your account, then why dont u show theymos that u can send Tx out of it. Just ask him to provide an address and send him a negligible amount to show your ownership. Then what stops u from recovering your account ?

I already offered. He never replied to me. Not publicly and not privately.

joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:31:15 PM

You could also PM Staff and Global Mod., I'm sure they would give you a hand for this.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:03:54 PM

You could also PM Staff and Global Mod., I'm sure they would give you a hand for this.

No, we can't help.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:12:46 PM

No, we can't help.

It's no big deal at this point. I've got the new account and people are getting used to seeing
me use it. It's all good Smiley

joshraban76

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

No, we can't help.

Sorry. I thought you can.

Thanks for pointing out.

OP, then try contacting Theymos.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

No, we can't help.

Thanks for pointing out.

Been there, done that. No reply. It's really a non-issue at this point though. But thank you for
offering suggestions Smiley

joshraban76

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:27:09 PM

No, we can't help.

Thanks for pointing out.

Been there, done that. No reply. It's really a non-issue at this point though. But thank you for

You welcome, I wanted to help you to the max. but maybe Theymos is that busy.

You can also revise what you did wrong to not get this account locked as your old one did.

Wish you the best of luck with your new account.

Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:24:50 AM

No, we can't help.

Thanks for pointing out.

It seems to me that theymos is really busy all the time.
Maybe he should give more power to global mods, or maybe promote one or two of them to admin to share the workload...

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:29:05 PM

No, we can't help.

Thanks for pointing out.

It seems to me that theymos is really busy all the time.
Maybe he should give more power to global mods, or maybe promote one or two of them to admin to share the workload...
This forum is build on hierarchy.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: