Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many country are using Bitcoin and how many country banned Bitcoin ?  (Read 1702 times)
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:51:42 PM

I heared BTC is banned in China, Vietnam and Phillipines. Don't know about any others?

China is a strange situation, it is mostly rumors about ban. So regulation is quite uncertain.
Even the business owners like the owner of BTC China does not know exactly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

China is a strange situation, it is mostly rumors about ban. So regulation is quite uncertain.

China has not banned Bitcoins altogether. It has just blocked banks from dealing with Bitcoin-based businesses. There are even two Bitcoin ATMs operating in the mainland China (Beijing and Shanghai). In China, no one will prevent you from buying Bitcoin, if you are using hard cash (rather than bank deposits) for the same.
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:47:08 AM

I heard Vietnam, china, and maybe also Switzerland banned bitcoin.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:02:25 AM

I heard Vietnam, china, and maybe also Switzerland banned bitcoin.

Official bans are a bit different from governments just making it harder to get them.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:03:04 AM

i wish to clarify the FUD

it is not banned in ANY country

every country allows bitcoin trades. what each country is announcing is that banks have to issue risk assessment and inform consumers that investments are risky, that they can gain, but also lose.
that unless there is a contract for guaranteed income, investments are not guaranteed. meaning be aware of the risks if you wish to invest in bitcoin.

this is standard banking rules to announce risk assessments. also banks have announced that they themselves will not sell bitcoins to consumers, as they themselves are contracted to only use their native FIAT. this has nothing to do with consumers or businesses trading bitcoins.

and lastly most consumers and businesses do not explain their business plans clearly, do not use the correct type of bank account, and when moving their FIAT around, do not properly follow the FIAT rules. leading to these people becoming a high risk and banks shutting those individual entities down. it is NOT a broad stroke of all bitcoin businesses.

its the individual entities that do not follow the rules and ethics of banking properly that get shut down and then cry like babies blaming the decision to shut their account on bitcoin, rather than their own mis-use of the bank account.

take the exchanges in china for instance. in december none of them had the licences for the telecommunication of money. they were given months to prepare, and still some did not get the licences. the ones still operating now are either using commercial banks away from central banks. or they have now got licences to work with central banks.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
SnakePlisken

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:38:13 AM

I don't believe there are any outright bans in place, though in a number of countries they are making it very difficult to cash in or out of BTC.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

While not banned here in Peru (on a visit), NO ONE (ex. one guy I met) has heard of them nor uses them.

Pity that.  Buy BTC in USA, use BTC for gold in Peru, smile,,,

EDIT: I do know a guy in the USA who tells me that BTC is getting very popular in Argentina due to their .gov incompetence and interference.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:36:43 AM

I heared BTC is banned in China, Vietnam and Phillipines. Don't know about any others?

I heard that if i play with myself i will go blind. Is that true?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:21:17 AM

I heard that if i play with myself i will go blind. Is that true?

im over here, on your right. walk slowly or you will walk into a wall.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:31:04 AM

LOL
Sniar

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:47:09 AM

I don't think there is any outright ban.

Just that there isn't any Bitcoin ATM /payment services in that country.
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:03:41 AM

every country allows bitcoin trades. what each country is announcing is that banks have to issue risk assessment and inform consumers that investments are risky, that they can gain, but also lose.
that unless there is a contract for guaranteed income, investments are not guaranteed. meaning be aware of the risks if you wish to invest in bitcoin.

this is standard banking rules to announce risk assessments. also banks have announced that they themselves will not sell bitcoins to consumers, as they themselves are contracted to only use their native FIAT. this has nothing to do with consumers or businesses trading bitcoins.

and lastly most consumers and businesses do not explain their business plans clearly, do not use the correct type of bank account, and when moving their FIAT around, do not properly follow the FIAT rules. leading to these people becoming a high risk and banks shutting those individual entities down. it is NOT a broad stroke of all bitcoin businesses.

its the individual entities that do not follow the rules and ethics of banking properly that get shut down and then cry like babies blaming the decision to shut their account on bitcoin, rather than their own mis-use of the bank account.

take the exchanges in china for instance. in december none of them had the licences for the telecommunication of money. they were given months to prepare, and still some did not get the licences. the ones still operating now are either using commercial banks away from central banks. or they have now got licences to work with central banks.

What i heard in vietnam you cant use Bitcoin and its a law over there .
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:00:08 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 05:32:03 AM by Saigonsmokes

What i heard in vietnam you cant use Bitcoin and its a law over there .

Well i heard in Vietnam its ok. I heard you can even go and use Bitcoin in some cafes, shops, smoothie bars.

Source: Lived and worked here for many years. Roll Eyes

edit - read this in the local news today

Two directors of business enterprises virtual currency (bitcoi) in Khanh Hoa has officially been the Provincial Police prosecuted for "illegal business" acts of exploitation and sale of virtual currency.

Specifically, dated 06.05.2014, the Police Department investigation of crimes and economic self-management positions (PC46) Khanh Hoa Provincial Police decision to prosecute accused Mr Nguyen Van Minh and Nguyen Van Thong the crime of illegal business. previously dated 15/03/2014 about 5:30, police raided the house suddenly 289 Le Hong Phong, Ho Chi Minh City. Nha Trang - accommodation and is also based his business Minh City (56, branch manager of Nha Trang Co., Ltd consultancy VM) and he Info (28 years old, Director of Trading & Service 289) , most of the property seized, including more than 460 million in cash, equipment and working facilities, records, books, stamps ... and freeze the bank accounts of two businesses this .. After that, the two men have repeatedly Ming and information have application to return the property, records, seal, cleared in bank account, single cry, complaint .., so that their wrongfully convicted. However, after repeatedly passed, he has made ​​two complaints against "police raided, seized property illegally." the two men said that their virtual money to play with personally identifiable through a personal account, not related to the business activities of the two companies. However, the police investigation confirmed "the active conduct of the investigating agency for two by two companies he is a director in accordance with law." Also related to bitcoi virtual currency in Vietnam South, Thursday 25/3, the two companies Bitcoin Vietnam and Bit2C - a company of Bitcoin in Israel has announced this partnership and declared "officially open collaborative online Bitcoin exchanges VBTC in Vietnam". The two companies are also expected to launch online Bitcoin exchanges by the end of April. Department of Electronic Commerce and Information Technology (Ministry of Industry and Trade) later confirmed not to accept the notification and registration of Bitcoin trading website in Vietnam. Since, when Vietnam Co. Ltd conduct Bitcoin informed bitcoinvietnam.com.vn website under notification procedures ecommerce website sales, Electronic Commerce and the Department of Technology information were denied. Earlier, the State Bank of Vietnam and recommendations, the virtual currency Bitcoin and other similar currency is not and is not a legal means of payment in Vietnam. The possession, sale, use Bitcoin as an asset class so much potential risks to people and not be protected by law. State Bank recommends that organizations and individuals should not invest, hold, carry out transactions involving the virtual currency Bitcoin and other similar.

-- Two business directors in the coastal province of Khanh Hoa were Thursday placed under investigation for trading virtual currency, including bitcoin and other illegal currencies.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: