Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 468 times)
xXBEVOXx (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:07:32 PM

I have a site being built right now, but I am not all that familiar with reading code. What is the best route to take to finding someone to read over the code and make sure there is no malicious parts in it and make sure that it does everything I want it to. Also how much would something like this typically cost? Would it be a good idea to partner with a developer for security reasons and updates or would it be better to just contact one when these things are needed? There will not be a hot wallet on the site, so there will be no access to coins through the site, just a little FYI for security needs. Thanks in advance, Bevo.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsterbitty

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

It is better to have someone hired reading the entire code and make sure that there is no malicious code inside it, if you have a security person for your website, it is much better. Typically security always costs a lot, it depends how much coding and whether it is encrypted or open source, and moreover you should remember, security is very important for website.

Even if you do not have hot wallet on the site, the chances are someone can add backdoors and address may generate from different bitcoin servers.

P.S : I am a website developer and marketer, i know how security is very important to an website.
xXBEVOXx (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:21:33 PM

It is better to have someone hired reading the entire code and make sure that there is no malicious code inside it, if you have a security person for your website, it is much better. Typically security always costs a lot, it depends how much coding and whether it is encrypted or open source, and moreover you should remember, security is very important for website.

Even if you do not have hot wallet on the site, the chances are someone can add backdoors and address may generate from different bitcoin servers.

P.S : I am a website developer and marketer, i know how security is very important to an website.

Thanks for the info.
Its going to be a faucet site with a simple multiplier on it. It will be a short 3-4 page site. How much do you think security would be for a site like that?

monsterbitty

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:25:45 PM

I think not much more than 0.2-0.4 BTC. But if you need to have secure code inside into it, and also want other options, it may cost you more.
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

You should try posting in Marketplace, or in the Project Development forum. In case you haven't noticed:

Development & Technical Discussion
Technical discussion about Satoshi's Bitcoin client and the Bitcoin network in general. No third-party sites/clients, bug reports that do not require much discussion (use github), or support requests.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 05:52:17 PM

Mod note: Moved to Project development.

xXBEVOXx (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

Mod note: Moved to Project development.
You should try posting in Marketplace, or in the Project Development forum. In case you haven't noticed:

Development & Technical Discussion
Technical discussion about Satoshi's Bitcoin client and the Bitcoin network in general. No third-party sites/clients, bug reports that do not require much discussion (use github), or support requests.
Thank you, sorry about that still new to this forum.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: