Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beijing on Bitcoin (a new holiday experience)  (Read 3056 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 06:47:35 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2012, 08:55:31 AM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.

Any Bitcoin tourists out there?

After recently acting as tour guides for family members before our wedding, my wife and I have decided to offer via this forum the opportunity for anyone interested in visiting Beijing to be able to pay for their entire trip (apart from air tickets) in Bitcoin (RMB conversion rates to be taken from btcchina).

We are not going to organise trips for large groups (maximum of six people) so we can provide flexible arrangements and avoid the need for hiring large buses.

We are not affiliated with any tourism company and will take people only to places that they are interested to visit (itinerary suggestions will be provided upon request). In particular you will not be taken to any shops unless you have asked to go there (this can be a big problem with budget tours in China).

The initial Bitcoin payment won't be necessary until arrival (we will meet you at the airport) and payment for each tour day can be made at the end of the day. We will provide receipts for all transportation, accommodation, tickets and meals and will charge a modest fee (around 5 BTC per day) for our services.

We have not yet set up a web site for this endeavor as we are just putting this out to test the water and to offer people another way to actually spend their Bitcoins. Smiley

For further information either reply here or PM me.

Cheers,

Ian.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 07:11:17 AM

有Bitcoin旅行家希望到北京来玩的么?

婚前我为家人当了一段时间的北京导游,所以我们夫妻决定为本论坛的朋友们提供如下服务:您可以用比特币支付游玩北京的所有费用。(按照btcchina.com的汇率换算为人民币)

人数不要太多(6人以上的团队免谈),不然就没有办法灵活地安排行程,而且可能还要租大巴。

我们是独立的服务提供商,没有和任何旅行社合伙。我们只带您到你感兴趣的地方(当然我们可以给您一些建议)。不带您去任何商店,除非你主动要求(这是在中国旅行的大问题)

在抵达北京之前,你不需要支付比特币给我们,我们会去机场接您。每天的费用在当天结束以后支付。我们会安排所有的交通、住宿、门票和用餐等事宜,我们的服务收费是5BTC/天。

我们还没有来得及建立一个专门的网站来提供这项服务,现在论坛上试一下水,为朋友们提供花费比特币的更多选择。

北京现在天气寒冷,4月份才会暖和起来(其实北京最好的旅游季节应该是9月份)

如果希望得到更多信息,站内我。

Cheers,

Ian.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 07:16:22 AM

Thank you very much for the translation.

Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

gregwtmtno

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:43:36 PM

I've visited Beijing in March. It was cold, but not too bad. Great city, plenty of stuff to see.

What OP says is true, the guides will all try to bring you to shops that push crap on you. Going with a guide who won't do that is a major plus!
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 03:07:01 AM

Yes - I just had the Tuk Tuk experience in Bangkok again recently (last time I did this was around 20 years ago and it hasn't changed). Got taken to at least four different shops with the last one being a travel agency (so no products to look at just a desk to be sat at with a high pressure salesman on the other side).

Mind you there are some bargains to be had in Beijing (although the Silk Market is not really a good place to look for them) and also we can arrange purchases via Taobao (the Chinese equivalent of eBay) provided the goods can be delivered whilst you are over here (generally deliveries are 2-3 days). I very much doubt any other tour will offer people this service.

Also for people on a budget we are very familiar with using the subway (best value in the world at 2 RMB to go anywhere on it 1 way), buses (often less than 0.5 RMB by using an IC card which we will provide you with upon arrival) and even know of the best value hostels (as we have some friends that regularly stay at them).

Cheers,

Ian.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 07:05:13 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2012, 02:18:07 AM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.

Spring has sprung in Beijing - a great time to visit Xiang Shan (http://www.kinabaloo.com/xiangshan_park_beijing.html) or do some Great Wall exploring.

As an incentive to be the very first BTC tourist in China - enjoy a Beijing Roast Duck meal on us at Quan Ju De (http://www.beijingattractions.org/Beijing-Famous-Restaurants/Quan-Ju-De.html)!

Smiley

MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 07:12:24 AM

I would jump at this offer if I wasnt in contract. If your still offering this when im out of my agreement il be there. Planning to do asia with the bitcoin I have saved while working so seems like an excellent opportunity   of where to start.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 07:35:43 AM

I would jump at this offer if I wasnt in contract. If your still offering this when im out of my agreement il be there.

Even if you're not our first BTC tourist we'll extend the offer to you (whenever you arrive) just for being the first to post a reply. Smiley

We are also willing to take people to Shanghai, Xian or Hangzhou (and other cities are possible by arrangement).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 05:50:09 PM

Can you take me over to North Korea? Or close to there?

We would be willing to take you to Chang Chun (the capital city of the Ji Lin province that borders North Korea) where we could try and work out how to get a visa for you (we haven't done this before so will require some research if you are really keen on this).

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:47:07 PM

It looks like you guys have a great service set up. If I were planning on being in Beijing soon I'd definitely take you up on this offer.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 12:19:20 AM

Hi OP, this idea has been in my mind for sometime: peer to peer tourism and exchange service for Bitcoiners. Just like you, I have experience acting as tour guide for my family members and I also like to visit other parts of this wonderful world(I am from Hong Kong). It will be great value/service if our Bitcoiners around the world can help each other.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 06:22:04 AM

It will be great value/service if our Bitcoiners around the world can help each other.

Sounds like we have Hong Kong covered now as well (perhaps we can finish our side in Shenzhen and let you take over from there).

Would be great if "Plato" could make his next Bitcoin trip a "round the world" one. Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 02:59:32 AM

We took a group of German travellers to Mutianyu yesterday and scored a perfect blue sky day (temperature was around 25 C with a slight breeze).

I spent quite a bit of time explaining about Bitcoin to the them and have generated some interest in using it for travel (bring on the German backpackers Smiley).

Today my legs are rather sore from the climb - will need to get a bit fitter if am going make this trip a regular event. Embarrassed

jjjrmy

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 02:11:52 PM

I will be going to Bejing soon, over summer.

Is it possible to do an in-person exchange? Bitcoins for RMB?
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 04:02:53 PM

What OP says is true, the guides will all try to bring you to shops that push crap on you. Going with a guide who won't do that is a major plus!

This wouldn't be a problem for me if the merchants accepted Bitcoin! I'd be all over that shit haggling prices in Bitcoin for their nicknacks.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:17:57 AM

Is it possible to do an in-person exchange? Bitcoins for RMB?

Sent a PM.

Plenty of cafes and bars with free wifi in Beijing so having a get together with laptops in tow is easily worked out. Smiley

Nivco

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 12:09:11 PM

I'm working/studying in Beijing atm, and have met Ian couple of times : to talk about bitcoin, to discover real chinese food (delicious traditionnal hotpot) and hype expat lair : he's the guy! With him and his Chinese wife, you won't feel like a tourist, especially when Chineses will try to scam you Wink

Life is pretty cheap in Beijing, compared to good old west Europe: subway trip is about 0.2€, complete decent meal for 4-5€, acommodation varies due to chinese standards (hard bed, small bathroom, not uber-clean rooms). If you're ok with fake stuff (clothes, sunglasses, bags), you can cut nice deals. My chinese is too poor to negociate anything serious tho (electronics, GPU, etc.).

I highly recommend OP to every bitcoin lover planning to fly to Beijing!
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 03:31:01 PM

Very nice, I'd like to do some exploration on my own, but I'm not discarding your help! Once in Beijing I'll try to reach you.

Spring has sprung in Beijing - a great time to visit Xiang Shan (http://www.kinabaloo.com/xiangshan_park_beijing.html) or do some Great Wall exploring.

As an incentive to be the very first BTC tourist in China - enjoy a Beijing Roast Duck meal on us at Quan Ju De (http://www.beijingattractions.org/Beijing-Famous-Restaurants/Quan-Ju-De.html)!

Smiley

I'm not a meat eater anymore, but I think I'll have to open an exception while in China!

Am I going to find trouble with this food restriction issue?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:29:13 PM

I'm not a meat eater anymore, but I think I'll have to open an exception while in China!

Am I going to find trouble with this food restriction issue?

It can be a little tricky to avoid meat here, however, we do know of a few quality vegetarian restaurants that are around the Lama Temple area.

Smiley

yodog

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 11:08:57 AM

I wouldn't mind travelling to Asia, my biggest problem is my food allergies/picky-ness..
I am allergic to ALL types of nuts, and all sea-food.. and I refuse to eat pork and beef haha....

this seems like a pretty interesting idea tho!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: