Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: remember Tradehill?  (Read 2455 times)
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 01:03:03 AM

Most people probably have no clue about Tradehill, but I'm sure the older members would. Short history: They were the second largest exchange in 2011, and abruptly shut down after a $30,000+ payment reversal from Dwolla. Everyone's btc and fiat was frozen in there, the owner (Jared?) did attempt to pay some people back, but as far as I know there are still some people that were screwed by them.

Unfortunately, I'm still one of those people that have yet to get my money back. Does anyone have more info on the whereabouts of the owner, or how we can contact him? Last I heard, he took the website offline for "security" reasons and said he'd put it back online to resolve any open issues with customers. Well that never happened. Any info on this situation or contact would be greatly appreciated.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bubbles06

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

Most people probably have no clue about Tradehill, but I'm sure the older members would. Short history: They were the second largest exchange in 2011, and abruptly shut down after a $30,000+ payment reversal from Dwolla. Everyone's btc and fiat was frozen in there, the owner (Jared?) did attempt to pay some people back, but as far as I know there are still some people that were screwed by them.

Unfortunately, I'm still one of those people that have yet to get my money back. Does anyone have more info on the whereabouts of the owner, or how we can contact him? Last I heard, he took the website offline for "security" reasons and said he'd put it back online to resolve any open issues with customers. Well that never happened. Any info on this situation or contact would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I remembered Tradehill opening back up at some point and operating as a high limit exchange for large buyers and sellers. Didn't it shut down again for the second time? Jared Kenna was the owner/operator, correct?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:16:32 PM

yeah remember it well, them, liberty reserve , mt.gox.. and a whole lot of others that were, and more that will come..
why are you searching for owners, did u have some funds there ?
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 11:25:43 PM

https://twitter.com/JeredKenna
http://moneyandtech.com/about-us/
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:38:15 PM

Yes, I still have some funds in there that Jared said he'd pay back to make it right, but never did.

Thank you detective!

Bubbles06

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

Yes, I still have some funds in there that Jared said he'd pay back to make it right, but never did.

Do you have this in writing?
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 01:27:55 AM

Do you have this in writing?

How am I suppose to have this in "writing" other than my account login and pw to the tradehill account? That's like saying if you have your btc and fiat in writing in mtgox account when it went down. So no, there is no official writing, but Jared can verify it when I give him my email and pw. They should have logged database.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

At some point they were working with IAFCU to provide each customer their own individual bank account linked to the exchange account (so that the accounts were insured). Then something happened, IAFCU all the sudden stopped being so pro bitcoin and TradeHill shut down again.

They said hey had a $10k minimum or something like that, but I signed up and it was never verified.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #1fgWJ4qEjox5F2k1

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Justine

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

At some point they were working with IAFCU to provide each customer their own individual bank account linked to the exchange account (so that the accounts were insured). Then something happened, IAFCU all the sudden stopped being so pro bitcoin and TradeHill shut down again.

They said hey had a $10k minimum or something like that, but I signed up and it was never verified.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #1fgWJ4qEjox5F2k1

They probably realized getting licences in all 50 states is not financial feasible.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:18:01 PM

remember Tradehill?
When KingGox had their first 2 major hacks/meltdowns Tradehill was the #1 exchange for ~10 days. Their volume did show some increase, but mostly people were stuck waiting...and waiting for Gox to re-open. Thank goodness the economy has grown past those days.

transient858

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

What happen after they try to re-start their company?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:48:49 PM

What happen after they try to re-start their company?

Too much Gov't in the way, and not enough funding to deal with the read tape...I think.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:56:38 PM

IAFCU doesnt need a license in all 50 states (48 anyhow) as they bought a failing credit union, so they have a special type of license exempting them from needing money transmission licenses.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #WoEDAFu1hhLf9H91

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
mirth23

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

Tradehill owes me BTC as well. I attempted to recover my coins pretty late after the fact because I was traveling and hadn't seen the news until a couple months after the freeze. There were claims on twitter and reddit that people were able to get money back, but I've tried all the emails that people have posted (including the CEO's personal email and sending DMs to his twitter) and have had no luck.

Cynically, I think that he paid people back who were likely to make noise about their success on forums, but a lot of other people got screwed over if they weren't as directly involved in the community.

The silver lining is that I learned from this and kept my coins off of MtGox.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:19:02 PM

Very bad its still unresolved, i remember coinabul too, both ended in scams. The good thing is now better and trusted companies are emerging to remplace those.
SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:16:42 AM

I am surprise no one sue them and file a civil lawsuit against the owner.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:04:56 AM

I am surprise no one sue them and file a civil lawsuit against the owner.
if really file a civil lawsuit, what are you ready to do?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitRW

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:39:22 PM

You guys are sooooo old...

https://i.imgur.com/nF3aJs4.png
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:50:10 AM

Same here, I tried a PM, Email, and tradehill ticket system. No response.
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:45:34 AM

Same here, I tried a PM, Email, and tradehill ticket system. No response.

How much they owe their client?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: