Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1402 times)
joshp1 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:50:41 AM

I'm just getting started with bitcoins after someone at my site introduced me to them. I tried mining but my computer is to weak.So I started investing I've made aprox. .0006 BTC but I've only been doing it for a week or two. So what I'm asking is do y'all have any advice for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:21:25 AM

I'm just getting started with bitcoins after someone at my site introduced me to them. I tried mining but my computer is to weak.So I started investing I've made aprox. .0006 BTC but I've only been doing it for a week or two. So what I'm asking is do y'all have any advice for me.

work for it  Wink

1. offer some of your skills

try
http://bitgigs.com
http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4bitcoins
https://coinality.com/
http://bittask.com/

2.  sell things

3. earn by Signature-Ad Campaign
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Otherwise you have to scam others for BTC.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:39:49 AM

Do not listen to advice.  You will never live down the scamming there is a whole thread about it.

Look into mining and investing/market.   Do some ROI math.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:12:28 AM

Don't mine bitcoins, if you have money to invest buy them directly from exchanges.
With your hardware try to mine scrypt altcoins, this is also a sort of lottery but with scrypt you have much more numbers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:55:35 AM

Forget about bitcoin mining with your CPU and GPU. It is too late now.
You may try to mine scrypt coins with GPU and CPU-coins with CPU, but don't expect to get rich from it.

joshp1 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:39:07 AM

I don't expect to get rich off of it. I'm late in the game. I'm just wanting something for backup and spare money kind of thing. My regular job don't pay much.

p.s. I'm new to bitcoin but not the internet. I would never do a scam. and at the time of posting this I've made .001 in investing this is working just slow which I don't mind.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:50:02 AM

Forget about bitcoin mining with your CPU and GPU. It is too late now.
You may try to mine scrypt coins with GPU and CPU-coins with CPU, but don't expect to get rich from it.

Concur.

Also look into x11/13 coins. Less heat/power consumption and you get more hashing power. Just be careful which coin you choose; there are lots of scamcoins!

I'm solo mining LGC now... great example of a coin that has the potential to secure a sizable chunk of the coin market:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567114
http://www.logicoin.io/

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:21:26 AM

Welcome! Smiley

Definately don't mine BTC as others said unless you have tens of thousands of dollars to invest first, even then you might not even reach a ROI.

Best is to buy some with spare money and hold them (at least 1-2 years) as the price will likely be a lot higher in a couple years.

If you don't have much spare money or services to offer for BTC a signature campaign would be good.

When you reach member status you can get 0.05 BTC or more in a month with a good campaign, the site in my signature offers members 0.05 BTC in a month for 50 posts.

Good luck!
Lamigo

Activity: 571

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:29:12 AM

The easiest way to earn bitcoin is to join a sig program.
You need to first get to member status (60 activity) which could be done in about 2 months. Smiley

bitmaster111

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 09:14:55 AM

The easiest way to earn bitcoin is to join a sig program.
You need to first get to member status (60 activity) which could be done in about 2 months. Smiley
if you think two months period is  way too much you can just continue with your Investments , if you have money you can start trading bitcoin , Signature Promotions will take time .
Mikez

Activity: 508

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:29:39 AM

Do not listen to advice.  You will never live down the scamming there is a whole thread about it.

Look into mining and investing/market.   Do some ROI math.

I wouldn't call it an advice, the OP was clearly ironic about it, as above that statement, he gave some good sound advices(basically the same things I am doing as well).

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:25:25 PM

You can simply buy some, you know. If you're in the US buy some through Coinbase, and if you're in EUR or Australia buy some through ANXPRO.
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:28:04 PM

I know how it is, I started with btc a little late for mining and I used those faucets and I was mining doge, I have integrated gpu so it went kind of slow,  until I got the member status and went to services.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:19:48 PM

Try also buying some bitcoins now and hold them then sell them for high.

Or try forex trading for example.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

You could also invest in cloud mining. I personally have used cex.io which currently gets you a gigahash/sec of power for just over BTC0.007 and lets you resell the power later. An alternative that I haven't used (and that is fairly new) is PBMining that sells you 1 GH/sec for 0.004, and keeps it running for 5 years. You can calculate your returns using a mining calculator. All you need to set is the hash rate field.
thefaucetlist

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 06:59:30 PM

welcome you can try cloud mining, or if your lucky gambling lol otherwise you can earn very small amounts with faucets. or maybe you have time to do exchange. there is also affiliate sites that reward you for bringing them customers. check my signature ive compiled a list of all this and more on my site
Drone72

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:01:08 PM

As some people already said, there are a lot of cloud servers that you can use to mine CPU coins. I used to mine Quarkcoin 5 months ago with azure servers from windows. Nowadays probably quarkcoin isn't as profiteable as before, so better look for any other CPU coin.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:02:54 AM

That sounds like a lot to have earned if you have been CPU mining for two weeks.
joshp1 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

That sounds like a lot to have earned if you have been CPU mining for two weeks.

No I made that by traiding I've just started mining again I'm going for cry so far it's at 0.00354926 CRY but it's not paid out yet. tha'ts pretty much 0.00000110 btc (nothing) I also paid for some cloud mining it takes 12-24 hrs to start so hopefuly I'l know something on that tomarow
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:14:22 AM

No I made that by traiding I've just started mining again I'm going for cry so far it's at 0.00354926 CRY but it's not paid out yet. tha'ts pretty much 0.00000110 btc (nothing) I also paid for some cloud mining it takes 12-24 hrs to start so hopefuly I'l know something on that tomarow

If you were to convert that amount to dollars that would work out to way less then one penny.....something to think about before you spend more time
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: