Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:11:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1CR] 1CRedit Coin Relaunch  (Read 289955 times)
Cassey (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:41:27 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 04:13:59 PM by Cassey

Today, we are announcing some dramatic improvements to the 1CR coin to address some of the impediments to adoption that have occurred in the past few months.

The coin was designed to be very secure, have little adoption by the multipools, and to be used for longer term investment uses (such as banking in the simulated worlds of OneBillionHex. One of the chief complaints to many of the pool operators was the extended time before pool users were able to receive their first payouts.  This was due to two security measures of 1CR: 1) 256 required confirmations, and 2) a defensive difficulty retargeting, designed to discourage mulitipool raiding of the coin during low diff periods.

Without pool cooperation, we found that general adoption of the coin was low, and the coin would be mined in a very dramatic roller coaster difficulty fashion, which led many to give up.

After careful lab testing – a new source code has been release, that goes into effect at block 4000 – probably within the next day or so.

The new source code will reduce the confirmations to a still very secure 156.  Note that most wallets add 20 to this.  As well, the difficulty retargeting has been ‘dampened’ to still discourage multipool raiding but provide a more consistant coin time.  We hope these changes will encourage pool owners to re-adopt the 1Credit Coin (1CR).  This should start to produce a bit more coins daily, and allow the pool users to receive their coins in a targeted 25 hours, versus 3-4 days the old settings yielded.

The coin is still a very rare coin, and is designed to have minimal forks (several months old and still not a single fork!), and minimal risk of double spend attacks.  There was zero premine, there are not secret payouts in the code, no IPO, and the only way the Dev or the team can make money on this is the same way you can, mining the coin.  It has held a pretty good value on Poloniex so far, even with the earlier design inconveniences, and we expect it to be a great coin to buy and hold as it gets integrated into the Crypto Ecosystems.

We need some community support, in the form of a few new pool operators, to really make this relaunch a success.  PM the Dev and he can introduce you to a few experts if you need a hand.

Mission:
•   To create the investment coin for long term security and stability
•   To avoid Mulitpool Mining that drives the value down
•   To create a stable coin to encourage long term mining (set it and forget it)

Supply:
•   To date – there are less than 4000 coins
•   Each block generates 1 new 1Credit coin
•   No IPO
•   Total Supply – The current block number!  One coin per block of course!

Current specs:
•   Algorithm: Scrypt PoW
•   Started: April 19th
•   Blocktime: 8.5 Minutes
•   Blocks confirm: 156 confirms (most wallets add 20)
•   Transaction Confirms: 16
•   Retarget: every block (Modified KGW)
•   Block rewards: 1

Website and forums:
www.1creditcoin.org  
https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/1225-1credit-1cr/

Wallets:
Source https://github.com/1credit/1credit
Windows Wallet
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n851l3345n5yitd/1credit-qt.exe
Mac Wallet
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gci1u4n5l5654ie/1CRedit-Qt.dmg

Ports:
        Listen:   6666 (16666 for testnet)
        JSON-RPC: 6667 (16667 for testnet)

Sample Configuration file (totally optional!):
        /* 1credit.conf */
        rpcuser=<yourname>
        rpcpassword=<some very random long password>
        listen=1
        gen=1

Like all high quality coins, 1CRedit maintains an active DNSSEED network.  You should NEVER have to specify addnodes.  All wallets should simply work upon launching.

Pools:   http://mpos.1creditcoin.org - basic site available for the health of the coin
http://mineblocks.no-ip.org:2627/pool/1CR/
Block Explorers:  https://prohashing.com/explorer/1CRedit/
Exchanges:   https://www.poloniex.com
Social:  IRC Freenode:  #1credit
Game:  4th coin in 1BillionHex game.

Other information:
IRC is NOT used by the codebase for anything (unlike many coins)
UPnP is disabled for your protection!
Blocksize limited to 16KB for fast propagation.  Note this significantly restricts the number of transactions/second supported by 1CRedit, but as an investment coin, designed for fewer, larger, mostly paid transactions, this is not viewed as an issue.

Cassey

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MissCrypto

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:44:46 AM

Deja vu https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645115.0

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
Cassey (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:46:20 AM

Sorry about that, went to put a proper title and fix a few bolding mistakes, but this forum doesn't allow me to delete my own post apparently.

Cassey
MissCrypto

Activity: 945

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:51:35 AM

Sorry about that, went to put a proper title and fix a few bolding mistakes, but this forum doesn't allow me to delete my own post apparently.
Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect, just joking around.

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
Cassey (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:55:18 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect, just joking around.
Absolutely none taken!  I'm just glad you actually read it!

Cassey
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:47:12 AM

Relaunch? If something failed in a begining, then there is no reason to have another launch. Sorry to say that.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:50:15 AM

Relaunch? If something failed in a begining, then there is no reason to have another launch. Sorry to say that.

+1 most of this relaunch dies slowly.
PiOfCube

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:53:26 PM

Nothing failed or was broken. Maybe "adjustment" should have been used instead of "relaunch".

All this shows is that the devs are still active and maintaining the coin and code.
dogeberet

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 02:03:53 PM

Well - I applaud the effort to make a coin that avoids forks and is stable - such as this one. 

Also - having no scamy IPO, premine, or foundation is something.  The dev is clearly just trying to move the whole crypto-currency forward, and not trying to pocket a handful of BTC and move one.

Also it is on Poloniex if you don't want to mine it:  https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_1cr   
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:26:23 AM

Just helping out to get the word out:

Posted Today, 02:16 AM
Despite weeks of testing utilizing the -testnet world, a bug cropped up in the new fork for 1CRedit.

You MUST upgrade to the current release in order to participate in any future coins.

You should see version as 90400 or 9.4.0 and protocolversion of 70016 (if you do a "getinfo")

Cassey
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:08:07 AM

Another update:

With deep humility I must request everyone upgrade again, and I sincerely apologize for this being the third time in as many days.

As I had previously posted, the planned change at block 4000 underwent weeks of testing in the -testnet environment.  However, even with a half-dozen people mining against the -testnet tree, we could not completely duplicate the production current block history.

As such, when the block time continue to climb, we, well, honestly, we panicked.  We didn't trust our own work, or our testing, and presumed we had something backwards and pushed out the previously release.   The block after that (which we are currently on) proved that indeed, we had it right with the block 4000 patch after all.  What we were seeing was simply the impact of historical quick blocks on the current timing.

Today, we pulled in another developer (thanks Wes!) to do code reviews.  We spent the time recoding the algo from being 'inserted' to 'native', changing all related variable names to meaningful ones, instead of trying to make the code adapt to the portions that were common with the Litecoin base.

Although our confidence is high, we also enabled additional debugging statement.  Blocks on 1CR are rare, so an extra few lines in your debug.log will hardly be noticed, but should serve to build confidence that things are working as designed.

We also instituted some additional limiters - like not allowing the difficulty to adjust up or down more than 2X - something that is unlikely given a per block check.

Finally, we put a "safety valve" in the code.  Should block times ever go extreme, like they are now, the next block will default to a minimum difficulty, giving the community a handful of quick blocks and allowing the difficulty algo to re-engage.   We hope that this will be "one-time-only" code, which will take effect at block 4008, but it will be there no matter what happens.

Anyhow, new git source has been pushed and the windows wallet is updated and available in it normal spot off http://www.1creditcoin.org

Again, our sincere apologies

Cassey and team.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:51:27 AM

I am holding 100 so far of this coin and will buy more in POLONIEX. Hubby also translated ann for the Chinese Community as well to spur up Interest. I also made a blog review on my blog, enjoy..  http://bitbillions.net/2014/06/18/alt-currencies-1credit-coin-review-the-4th-coin-for-1billionhex/

Chinese Ann:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663512.new#new   Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
2941digger

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

I applaud your efforts to track and expose scamcoins.

I do think you should exercise restraint and do due diligence before posting negatively on coin threads.

There are an abundance of scams, and there are also coins that people have spent a lot of time and energy on.

This coin has an active easily accessible dev. It has the least hype of any coin I can think of.

It also has a reason to exist, as it was developed in part to used as currency in the upcoming 1BillionHex game.

My understanding of the "re-launch" is that it is more of an adjustment in diff and fork in order to provide even better protection against strip mining by large pools.

That being said, keep up the good work.
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:26:44 AM

So what has happened here? The billion hex game still in the works? or is this all over?
 Huh

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:39:08 PM

So what has happened here? The billion hex game still in the works? or is this all over?
 Huh

I'd like an update too, I still have a few 1CR.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Cassey (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:05:56 AM

Still in the works, in fact the author posted a utube video update a few weeks ago.

Cassey
kubuminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:00:41 PM

@BinPool - http://1cr.binpool.com/ - up and launch

Guys who work with this coin - we wait you on our pool
Edkemper

Activity: 462

I love to trade

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:03:14 PM

some relaunch get pumped before die again btw, I saw in the past many 2.0 coins, and many of them was pumped, just to let old investor exit with a little profit.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Cassey (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:12:37 PM

some relaunch get pumped before die again btw, I saw in the past many 2.0 coins, and many of them was pumped, just to let old investor exit with a little profit.

Well, I'm not sure a single post qualifies as a "pump", but it does inform those that past problems have now been fixed.  I'm quite pleased with the coins performance now, its hitting it target of 169 coins a day (one every 512 seconds) very very regularly now.

Cheers,

Cassey

Cassey
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:54:10 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 10:07:49 PM by dnaleor

I bought some because I think this is a more fair emission scheme than BTC
I'll soon post my charts for my imaginary "1COIN" I created a few months back... Seems that coin already existed Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: