Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1CR] 1CRedit Coin Relaunch  (Read 289952 times)
olkah

Activity: 1484
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:10:19 PM

we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

The only long term solution that I can see is changing the PoW algo

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:35:05 PM

we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.
New pool software is needed indeed. But Cryptonight is very CPU friendly.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Nothing is decided yet. I will be looking into how much work it'll take.
olkah

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Cryptonight, I think this is very very bad as no one miner will want to burn the CPU at the computer !
SmallVern

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:35:55 PM

I'm all for changing the algo, but we have to get in touch with some of the founders of the coin, right? I'm willing to put in money too to pay a developer for a hardfork. Once the 1CR blockchain is stabilized, we're prepared to start competing with the other gaming coins.

We'll be aggressive in gaining traction.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:41:17 PM

I'm all for changing the algo, but we have to get in touch with some of the founders of the coin, right? I'm willing to put in money too to pay a developer for a hardfork. Once the 1CR blockchain is stabilized, we're prepared to start competing with the other gaming coins.

We'll be aggressive in gaining traction.

the main dev pretty much left. So there isn't anyone doing anything except people who are here, on IRC or on the slack.
I am estimating that our active community maybe has 10 at max Tongue

so if others are following this coin and maybe invested a bit, please speak up so we can hear your opinions as well.

the part about "putting money in" isn't even necessary yet. Maybe I'll succeed in doing it on my own with some help of some friends. If not, I will need to pay someone. But I already made some decent profits with 1CR, so I am willing to invest some of that for the switching of the algo.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:43:35 PM

Cryptonight, I think this is very very bad as no one miner will want to burn the CPU at the computer !

But as it's also possible to do it with GPU, I don't really think it'll be an issue. People will for sure mine if it's profitable, and if not worst case scenario is only users will mine using their GUI client when they want their transaction to go through.
olkah

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:46:08 PM

But as it's also possible to do it with GPU, I don't really think it'll be an issue. People will for sure mine if it's profitable, and if not worst case scenario is only users will mine using their GUI client when they want their transaction to go through.

What if you switch it to X11 algorithm
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:53:22 PM

What if you switch it to X11 algorithm

there are already ASICs for X11.
SmallVern

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:54:34 PM

Are you able to change the algo yourself (or someone else without one of the earlier dev's permission?)

Also, do you also have access to the source? I've reached out to a mining pool owner, and he needs our source to link up 1CR to mining, although we probably would want to wait until we've switched algos.

Furthermore, dnaleor, I want to extend a HUGE thank you to all the back-end work that you're doing. I can imagine that that work sometimes goes unappreciated, but I'm very thankful and I'm sure that everyone else is as well. I recognize the work you're doing (a lot of the technical stuff goes over my head, but I'm reading books to learn!) and it's really helping to add strong and steady value to the 1CR project. Keep it up, you're making us all extremely proud and amazed.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:01:03 PM

Are you able to change the algo yourself (or someone else without one of the earlier dev's permission?)

Also, do you also have access to the source? I've reached out to a mining pool owner, and he needs our source to link up 1CR to mining, although we probably would want to wait until we've switched algos.

Furthermore, dnaleor, I want to extend a HUGE thank you to all the back-end work that you're doing. I can imagine that that work sometimes goes unappreciated, but I'm very thankful and I'm sure that everyone else is as well. I recognize the work you're doing (a lot of the technical stuff goes over my head, but I'm reading books to learn!) and it's really helping to add strong and steady value to the 1CR project. Keep it up, you're making us all extremely proud and amazed.

wait wait... I am in no way experienced in developping a coin. I can read code and code a bit. I will try to accomplish this, but I'm far from sure I'll be able to do it by myself Tongue

the source can be found here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit
Waiting for algo switch isn't necessary because that can still take weeks or even months to finish.
Adding new pools and miners now will help the current network with current algo.

and again, there aren't any developers for 1CR currently, so we don't need to ask permission to anyone.
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 07:16:58 PM

Thanks a lot guys for your efforts! Keep up the good work. Hopefully the community alltogether will make 1Credit thrive Smiley

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 07:17:42 PM

if yoiu need a pool guys give me a shout

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
SmallVern

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:05:25 AM

It would be awesome if we could get a pool set up! I believe the source for 1CR is here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:16:25 AM

It would be awesome if we could get a pool set up! I believe the source for 1CR is here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit

yes mate so we can mine the coin and try to earn some coin, thanks in advance.
loutchano

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 12:38:15 AM

Pool 1CR

http://mineblocks.eu

SmallVern

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:18:35 AM

So we're up in that mining pool?
olkah

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:02:20 AM

So we're up in that mining pool?
2 days dripped and dripped coin 0 coins
olkah

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:05:34 AM

wait wait... I am in no way experienced in developping a coin. I can read code and code a bit. I will try to accomplish this, but I'm far from sure I'll be able to do it by myself Tongue

the source can be found here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit
Waiting for algo switch isn't necessary because that can still take weeks or even months to finish.
Adding new pools and miners now will help the current network with current algo.

and again, there aren't any developers for 1CR currently, so we don't need to ask permission to anyone.
transaction 2 day 0 !!! http://prntscr.com/cnlnub
hardcoreprime

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:04:23 AM

I just want to point out that the website address located on coinmarketcap is pointing to the old url...
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/1credit/#social

SmallVern

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:21:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I've submitted an order to Coinmarketcap to fix that. They're very responsive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: