Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any free ways to anonimize your bitcoins?  (Read 3314 times)
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:11:06 PM

You can also buy an altcoin on one exchange, send the alt to another exchange, then convert back to bitcoin.

^^ This.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:16:05 PM

Blockchain.info's "Shared Coin" easy to figure out, thus, not so shared...

Reddit: Confirmed Blockchaininfo Shared Coin is Broken

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:20:39 PM

I mean, to disconnect them from your name.

A Reddit user suggests to send your bitcoins to a Silk Road wallet, then back to another wallet/address:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c8yb3/a_stepbystep_guide_to_creating_an_anonymous/c9e99nu

However I am confused: do you actually have to send them to a new wallet as well? A new address in the same wallet (such as Qt, Electrum) will not suffice?

I cant remember the name - but there was a site where you were able to swap your BTC for other BTC. Coinmixer.com or something like that Huh

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

Blockchain.info's "Shared Coin" easy to figure out, thus, not so shared...

Reddit: Confirmed Blockchaininfo Shared Coin is Broken

so we are back at Zerocoin  Roll Eyes

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:35:34 PM

Can someone enlighten me?

I must be missing something since most people's solution involves more complication than I thought required.
Why couldn't a person just create a few one-time-use wallets, use tor and transfer the coin through those wallets to a final destination address, and then delete the intermediary wallets. Those addresses would never appear again in the blockchain, so how could someone prove they belong to you?

It's a question of how you got the coins in the first place, for one. If you bought them on an exchange and your adversary is someone who can find out which address you withdrew them to, you need to mix coins from other sources in to hide that. If your chain of transactions starts at address A and ends at Z, and A can be linked to you, it doesn't matter how many hops  you go through to get to Z if there are no other original inputs than A in the chain of transactions. A mixer would alleviate this concern, but they may keep logs. You'd need to use several different services for added security. The odds of all of them being corrupt are lower than the odds of one of them being corrupt.

I don't think that's the kind of scenario most people worry about, though. IMO the more pressing question is: Do you want everyone you pay to be able to tell how much BTC you hold? I think it's tremendously unsafe not to employ some method of concealing your full holdings. Mark my words, one day someone will get tortured and killed for BTC because they paid the wrong person and they saw their customer is worth millions in this instantly transferrable currency.

For that purpose, simply moving funds through an exchange should suffice. I'd recommend at least separating spending funds from other holdings and taking care to keep the two segregated.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:49:05 PM

CoinMixR.com

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

You can also buy an altcoin on one exchange, send the alt to another exchange, then convert back to bitcoin.

^^ This.

with KYC requirements, wouldn't sending the unmixed coin to the first exchange expose you even more?
pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:38:46 PM

^^ This.

with KYC requirements, wouldn't sending the unmixed coin to the first exchange expose you even more?

KYC is not required at some exchanges so long as certain account thresholds are not met. It's usually $1000 or so.

I can track mixed coins fairly easily with crude tools (like <ctrl> "f" - yes on my keyboard) using taint analysis on blockchain.info. One fellow recently won a bounty from blockchain.info for using a more sophisticated, but still fairly crude data analysis tool that he wrote himself to discover the id of a mixed Tx. If I cared about concealing coins, I would use the exchange method.

If you HODL store it CODL!
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

There are a number of low cost tumblers/mixers

inputs.io
blockchain shared send
bitcoin fog
SR 2

This is as close to free as you will get.
NUD

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:47:53 AM

inputs.io
blockchain shared send
bitcoin fog
SR 2

Blockchain shared send has been proven to be inefficient, bitcoin fog and other centralized solutions are not only potentially compromised (in which case they would offer no real effect) but you would have to rely on them not getting compromised ever even if you used them once.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:33:26 AM

imo best is to use exchanges as the anonimizers + withdraw random amounts not same ones

Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:58:24 AM

1. Buy stuff from SilkRoad
2. Sell Stuff locally
3. Buy Bitcoin with Cash from Local Sells
4. Mix + Profit
5. Repeat

lol

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:09:44 PM

inputs.io
blockchain shared send
bitcoin fog
SR 2

Blockchain shared send has been proven to be inefficient, bitcoin fog and other centralized solutions are not only potentially compromised (in which case they would offer no real effect) but you would have to rely on them not getting compromised ever even if you used them once.

blockchain shared send will probably not help you hide from a determined attacker, but it would help from someone with very limited resources. Even a determined attacker cannot track coins that go through shared send with 100% accuracy.

inputs.io and bitcoin fog both claim to delete their logs after x amount of time. As long as they do not become compromised after x amount of time then your privacy is secure. I believe "x" is around a week (they delete logs after a week) but I may be incorrect on this.
TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:04:19 AM

BTGuard is not free actually, but  $6.95 for a month is not big money I think
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: