Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XBet.IO– the world's first distributed betting application  (Read 8701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xbet.io (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:20:23 PM

should just redirect the https: to http, because some users still have that on the browser history

Redirection on the server side is allready in affect.

https requests do not reach our server (one of the "legacies" of the DDOS attacks).

This is one of the things we will improve in the future, we are focusing on getting some exciting new features up and running soon:

Bet safe with BTC - XBet.IO. Be your own bookie!
- You choose your odds - Bets are anonymous - Instant bets - No login

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

Hello crypto bettors,

With the launch of the major Football leagues, the XBet.IO team is proud to present the new features we have been working on.

XBet.IO

Through user feedback we have made substantial improvements in order to bring it to the front line in every aspect, besides being inherently safer and providing better basic functionality than the standard Bitcoin betting websites.

Design –
Users entering the website will surely notice the new slick design and indeed we have spent a great deal of effort in enhancing the user experience and interaction.

BTC Betting –
The long awaited feature that would help users to adopt the advantages of XBet.IO with unprecedented ease.

The option to bet directly with BTC is now fully integrated, without any preparation or the need to purchase XCP in advance:
Users can now simply send their BTC and bet on the same market where XCP bets are made.
After the bet is settled, funds are transferred to their destination in the form of XCP, which may be used for further betting in a more secure manner.

Horse Race Betting –
The latest addition to the sports types featured on XBet.IO. 24/7 horse race betting from around the world is now available for immediate betting.

Personal Spot–
The system will remember some of your preferences in order to provide you with a more personal and effective experience.
In addition, the "Bet Explorer" displays your bets and balances and is divided into appropriate sections  for your convenience.

User feedback is what helps us improve. As always, your comments are welcome.
Expect a new game changing feature in the next couple of days.

Enjoy!

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:11:21 PM

new web looks real nice. I suggest table tennis pro tours betting, expanding the user base to Chinese
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:14:24 PM

Looks really good! Congratulations.

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:59:03 PM

Fantastic, I have been watching xbet for a while waiting for it to catch on. I have no doubt it will be huge soon enough.
donesek

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:51:04 PM

Dear
I send NO LAY bet on horse racing and my bet is winning ( no horse win) but I send bitcoin from my blockchain bitcoin adress,not from my bitcoin counterparty adress.
I no receive my winning,also not receive any refund in my bitcoin adress ( blockchain).
I suppose that you convert my bitcoin winning into XCP ,but how I can obtain bitcoin funds if you convert into xcp because I no can convert my blockchain bitcoin adress into counterparty bitcoin adress.
Please give me instruction.
Sorry on my bad english but I belive you understand what is problem
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:14:39 AM

Dear
I send NO LAY bet on horse racing and my bet is winning ( no horse win) but I send bitcoin from my blockchain bitcoin adress,not from my bitcoin counterparty adress.
I no receive my winning,also not receive any refund in my bitcoin adress ( blockchain).
I suppose that you convert my bitcoin winning into XCP ,but how I can obtain bitcoin funds if you convert into xcp because I no can convert my blockchain bitcoin adress into counterparty bitcoin adress.
Please give me instruction.
Sorry on my bad english but I belive you understand what is problem
Hi,

We have reviewed your BTC bet and at first look it appears that the bets you have placed were too close to the deadline of the bet and therefore were not placed.

Since no bet was made on the blockchain the system should refund you. At the moment some of the funds that should be refunded are flagged for manual review, as in this case. After looking into the details of that bet we will send you your funds to your payout address.

Regarding the use of XCP in your Bitcoin wallet, there is an excellent video guide for importing funds ("sweeping" as it is referred to in Counterwallet) from Blockchain.info wallet to Counterwallet where it can be used to make safe bets without depositing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj11Lmc7GMU&feature=youtu.be

donesek

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:27:38 PM

Hi
Thank you for respond,but I have also two placed bets on correct time ( no too late) and after more 24 hours I not receive my original stake with winning amounts.
Would be kind tell me what is problem,and when my bitcoins will be transfered in my bitcoin account.
Details:

1.Bet placed on time:

Summary
Size    438 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:25:17
Included In Blocks    318624 (2014-09-01 16:38:25 +13 minutes)
Confirmations    155 Confirmations

2.Bet placed on time:

Summary
Size    259 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:17:26
Included In Blocks    318623 (2014-09-01 16:46:37 +29 minutes)
Confirmations    156 Confirmations

3.Bet placed too late:

Summary
Size    259 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:40:21
Included In Blocks    318625 (2014-09-01 16:54:28 +14 minutes)
Confirmations    154 Confirmations

Please review above bets and pay me for winning bets and return original deposit for bet placed too late.

P.S.
New design are excellent and great news is bet on horse racing !!
Regards
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:57:05 PM

Hi
Thank you for respond,but I have also two placed bets on correct time ( no too late) and after more 24 hours I not receive my original stake with winning amounts.
Would be kind tell me what is problem,and when my bitcoins will be transfered in my bitcoin account.
Details:

1.Bet placed on time:

Summary
Size    438 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:25:17
Included In Blocks    318624 (2014-09-01 16:38:25 +13 minutes)
Confirmations    155 Confirmations

2.Bet placed on time:

Summary
Size    259 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:17:26
Included In Blocks    318623 (2014-09-01 16:46:37 +29 minutes)
Confirmations    156 Confirmations

3.Bet placed too late:

Summary
Size    259 (bytes)
Received Time    2014-09-01 16:40:21
Included In Blocks    318625 (2014-09-01 16:54:28 +14 minutes)
Confirmations    154 Confirmations

Please review above bets and pay me for winning bets and return original deposit for bet placed too late.
Hi,

In the XBet.IO application all bets are settled publicly on the blockchain in a transparent fashion.
It is recommended to place your bet as soon as possible to allow the system to match your bet, especially when it involves a direct BTC bet.
In an event where a bet is not matched on the blockchain (whether if it is because it was placed too late or for any other reason) the system considers it to be cancelled, whether it is a losing or a winning bet and as such we do not take a fee for a cancelled bet.

It is important users would be aware of the fact that when betting with XCP the bet is valid as soon as one confirmation is received and anyone can match it.
We are making great efforts to shorten the processing time of BTC bets and are continuing to improve the system.

We will of course refund you the sums you have sent us to the payout address you specified when placing the bet. More details on that have been sent to you as a private message.

P.S.
New design are excellent and great news is bet on horse racing !!
Regards

Thank you. We are always working to improve our product and are happy you like it.

donesek

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

Hi
Thank you for support.
I have received my coins complete.
Once again,thank you for great support
Regards
donesek

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:37:52 AM

Unfortunately there is no Liquidity on Horse Racing ?!
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:57:50 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 10:30:22 AM by xbet.io

Unfortunately there is no Liquidity on Horse Racing ?!

Hi donesek,

XBet.IO is a social betting application in which users are encouraged to make all bets amongst themselves and counter each other's bets.

Users have always been able to make their own bets and allow others to counter their bets since XBet.IO went live.

In the past few days we have made improvements to the horse racing section and now we have restored XBet.IO's bets in that section as you can see.

ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:22:06 AM

1. Why is the fee taken from the matched amount and not from the net profit like other exchanges?
2. Why am I unable to see the amounts in the "view market"?
3. It claims that some BTC addresses are invalid even though they clearly are not.
4. Your signature claims "instant bets" even though as far as I understand bets have to enter the blockchain (a matter of minutes) first.
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:25:34 PM

We are integrating a new feature into XBet.IO.

To avoid disscomfort for users we have taken the website down until we can safely bring it back.

Will update here once we are back.

xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

1. Why is the fee taken from the matched amount and not from the net profit like other exchanges?
3. It claims that some BTC addresses are invalid even though they clearly are not.
4. Your signature claims "instant bets" even though as far as I understand bets have to enter the blockchain (a matter of minutes) first.

Thank you for your interest in XBet.IO.

As you can see, we are now quite busy but we will gladly answer any questions you may have after we are finished integrating the new feature.

xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:39:08 AM

As you can see, we are now quite busy but we will gladly answer any questions you may have after we are finished integrating the new feature.

You have asked valid questions and we will address them in order:

1. The fee structure is embedded inside the counterparty technology we are using to keep users' funds safe in the protocol's escrow. The 1% fee is considerably lower than standard betting sites.

2. We are working on improving that display, We will update shortly.

3. We have received another report on this issue from another user but none of our tests has shown any problem with BTC addresses. Please PM the address you were using and we will take care of it.

4. In XBet.IO, bets are settled publicly on the blockchain. For that reason, only after one confirmation bets are considered valid by the Counterparty network. Normally, if a user has XCP, it can place a bet immediately from its own wallet. On XBet.IO, we have developed a system that allows users to make a bet just as fast using BTC. We have been able to cut down the delay and make it as fast as one block from the moment the BTC deposit is made, until the moment the bet is placed on the blockchain. From the user's perspective, a bet takes only seconds to make, and all the heavy lifting is made "backstage" by XBet.IO.

xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:10:31 PM

We are integrating a new feature into XBet.IO.

To avoid disscomfort for users we have taken the website down until we can safely bring it back.

Will update here once we are back.

Hello Bettors,

Starting today, it is now possible to post bets on any subject that interests you in an easy and secure manner through a decentralized pot.

We are pleased to announce that we have integrated into our website the option of becoming an oracle – Posting and settling bets on top of the BTC network. Through this option you can offer users to make bets on anything that interests you.

The main categories featured are: "Sports", "Currencies", "Culture", "Politics" and "Global Events". anything else that comes to mind may be posted in the "Others" category.

You can access the users' panel through the following link:
http://xbet.io/categories/oracles

You can become an oracle and start posting your own lines through the following link:
http://xbet.io/oracles/join

The System is compatible with Blockchain.info and Bitcoin-qt. It is recommended to use any of these wallets to hold your oracle address.

We would also like to inform you that we are in the process of integrating a reputation system that would help users decide which oracle they trust most. Now is an excellent time for community members to post their bets, acquire reputation and gather followers.

In addition to integrating oracle bets on XBet.IO, we have also made it simpler for new and experienced users to get to know XBet.IO and the new features that are constantly being added to it. Simply click on "How to Bet?" on the main menu.

Tell us, what kinds of bets would you like to make on XBet.IO?

ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:03:08 PM

You have asked valid questions and we will address them in order:

1. The fee structure is embedded inside the counterparty technology we are using to keep users' funds safe in the protocol's escrow. The 1% fee is considerably lower than standard betting sites.

2. We are working on improving that display, We will update shortly.

3. We have received another report on this issue from another user but none of our tests has shown any problem with BTC addresses. Please PM the address you were using and we will take care of it.

4. In XBet.IO, bets are settled publicly on the blockchain. For that reason, only after one confirmation bets are considered valid by the Counterparty network. Normally, if a user has XCP, it can place a bet immediately from its own wallet. On XBet.IO, we have developed a system that allows users to make a bet just as fast using BTC. We have been able to cut down the delay and make it as fast as one block from the moment the BTC deposit is made, until the moment the bet is placed on the blockchain. From the user's perspective, a bet takes only seconds to make, and all the heavy lifting is made "backstage" by XBet.IO.

1. Fair enough, that appears to be how counterparty works. Note that there are betting exchanges, such as matchbook.com, that offer 1% fee on net profit. Even exchanges that offer 2% fee on net profit, such as smarkets.com, are better for the bettor for odds less than a certain threshold.
2. I see you've added it, thanks, as that's crucial when the site doesn't have that much liquidity and you are just the ones creating most of the odds. But I would just like to confirm: the amounts below the odds for LAYING are supposed to represent the BACKER's stake, not the layer's risk. Is that the way it is?
4. I'm not sure how that addresses what I wrote. I realize you automatically convert BTC to XCP, but betting, as far as the user is concerned, are in no way instant and in fact take whole minutes to register.

A new question regarding the new feature you introduced: what is the benefit to being an "oracle"?

Lastly, when attempting to bet using BTC I see this: "Your winnings and any unmatched part of your bet, will be sent as is, in XCP, to your bitcoin payout address. Next time you place a bet, you will be able to use them to bet safe without depositing". I don't understand how this works. How do you send XCP to my BTC address?
xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:41:12 PM

1. Fair enough, that appears to be how counterparty works. Note that there are betting exchanges, such as matchbook.com, that offer 1% fee on net profit. Even exchanges that offer 2% fee on net profit, such as smarkets.com, are better for the bettor for odds less than a certain threshold.
2. I see you've added it, thanks, as that's crucial when the site doesn't have that much liquidity and you are just the ones creating most of the odds. But I would just like to confirm: the amounts below the odds for LAYING are supposed to represent the BACKER's stake, not the layer's risk. Is that the way it is?
4. I'm not sure how that addresses what I wrote. I realize you automatically convert BTC to XCP, but betting, as far as the user is concerned, are in no way instant and in fact take whole minutes to register.

A new question regarding the new feature you introduced: what is the benefit to being an "oracle"?

Lastly, when attempting to bet using BTC I see this: "Your winnings and any unmatched part of your bet, will be sent as is, in XCP, to your bitcoin payout address. Next time you place a bet, you will be able to use them to bet safe without depositing". I don't understand how this works. How do you send XCP to my BTC address?

The amounts represent how high of a bet a user can make and still get matched, with certainty, by a counter offer.

For example, if you see the number 10, that means that if you make that bet, you can place a wager as high as 10 and still get matched. If you place a wager of 12, 10 will be matched immediately and 2 will still be available for other users to match.

The bets are instant in many ways, no login is required, no registration and no need to wait for balances to confirm like in an exchange.
Bets on the Counterparty network take a mandatory 1 block to register and that is the timeframe we are working in. What is also special about XBet.IO is that if you use BTC to bet on XBet.IO, your bet is usually placed in a single block! This is the fastest way possible and nearly eliminates the gap between betting with XCP and betting with BTC. From the user's perspective it is all done behind the scenes- Simply place your bet with a push of a button and let the magic happen Smiley

Oracles are given an opportunity to present bets they are interested in, and have users bet on them while earning 50% of the fees collected. This is all done in a distributed way so they do not need to be entrusted with the funds of all participants. Making a decentralized pot has never so easy. All you need is a Bitcoin address you control and an interesting bet.

XCP, and the entire Counterparty network operate on top of the Bitcoin blockchain and thus are as secured as Bitcoin transactions. XCP and BTC can be stored and controlled from the same address. You can use BTC XCP and Counterparty assets by running a local Bitcoin-qt and counterpartyd on your machine or simply by using the official web wallet at Counterwallet.co. All of these are open source and free to use.

xbet.io (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:48:13 AM

Come bet on today's Champions League matches, Group stage.

Main event for today, between the two giants-

Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City

Current odds: Home (1.75 - 1.79) Draw (4.25 - 4.33) Away (5.28 - 5.38)

This match may very well be replayed as the final of this year's Champions League.

Other Champions League matches taking place today:

Chelsea vs. Schalke
Barcelona vs. APOEL
Ajax vs. Paris SG
AS Roma vs. CSKA Moscow
Ath Bilbao vs. Shakhtar
FC Porto vs. BATE
Maribor vs. Sporting

All matches start at 2014-09-17 18:40:00 (UTC)

Place your bet through the following link:

http://xbet.io/categories/main_page/Soccer/europe/Europe:%20Champions%20League%20-%20Group%20Stage

As always, no accounts, registration or login is required. Simply make a bet from your wallet at Counterwallet.co directly to the Bitcoin network or, if you do not have XCP yet send some BTC to XBet.IO and we will make the bet for you.

P.S.

We wanted to let you know that we are under a DDOS attack (again).

Fortunately, the protective measures we have put in place are working well and you should not be affected by the attack.

However, if anything works in a different way than you would expect, please let us know here or on our chat.

Happy betting Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: