Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysian Retail Giant i-Pmart Will Hold 100% of its Bitcoin Payments  (Read 1843 times)
TopherB (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:15:49 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/malaysian-online-retailer-accepts-bitcoin-wont-convert-fiat-currency/

“[I'm] looking forward to the new world of virtual payment choice, which I believe can be the future of global virtual currency that people might embrace, especially the Gen Y.”

“I am holding the bitcoin. Because having a very big confidence the price of bitcoin is not the rates of today USD 650, should be higher than this price very soon.”

Very nice to see a huge player have such confidence in the currency.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:29:02 PM

All well and good to hold your Bitcoins but wouldn't it be a better idea to circulate your coins therefore increasing the market and increasing its value.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

All well and good to hold your Bitcoins but wouldn't it be a better idea to circulate your coins therefore increasing the market and increasing its value.

Hoarding can increase the exchange rate of Bitcoin, as the supply becomes more limited.

That said, this news is most welcome. i-Pmart has a very good market share of the online retailing sector in Malaysia, and their daily transactions can be measured in the thousands.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:55:11 PM

I think more and more merchants will have
positive view of BTC and  follow I-Pmart's step to keep bitcoin payment. BTC will be accepted and used by more.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:20:58 PM

I think more and more merchants will have
positive view of BTC and  follow I-Pmart's step to keep bitcoin payment. BTC will be accepted and used by more.

Merchants in Malaysia definitely have a reason to accept Bitcoins now, as one of the market leaders is accepting them. Also, the authorities in Malaysia have been so far very friendly towards Bitcoin.  Grin
johnatan32

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

There are lots of things that exports from Malaysia, and if they trust in bticoin, so it really the benefit of everyone. Cheesy
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

Better than selling instantly for fiat  Roll Eyes
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:16:11 PM

It would be good to see more merchants holding instead of selling. In a perfect world they would also being talking to their suppliers about using bit coin as well.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:53:11 PM

It would be good to see more merchants holding instead of selling. In a perfect world they would also being talking to their suppliers about using bit coin as well.

Holding when prices are low is a great strategy for smart businesses.
Even "dumping on rallies" (playing the market) will help with stability and calm down the craziest Bitcoin Bulls.  Smiley

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:01:15 PM

An excellent strategy by i-Pmart, with the value of bitcoins increasing year after year they made the right decision.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:17:53 PM

Holding when prices are low is a great strategy for smart businesses.
Even "dumping on rallies" (playing the market) will help with stability and calm down the craziest Bitcoin Bulls.  Smiley

Yes. I love a good rally as much as anyone else but the profit taking helps keep it from bubbling up so big that a major crash happens.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: