Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:53:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW upload! - posting of chart analysis for BTC, LTC  (Read 917 times)
dirkk (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

Latest Tech analysis for BTC and LTC. Because of their frequency they capture recent price action. You can view them at https://dirkk.imgur.com/

I am an occasional crypto trader so I have skin-in-the-game. I may favour one over the other in commentary but the bias is purely technical and not personal.
Enjoy and Happy Trading!

dirkk

https://dirkk.imgur.com/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

Thanks for the charts, really interesting to look at. Smiley
dirkk (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:16:44 PM

Hi Acidyo, you're welcome. Thanks for the reply and the feedback. Enjoy!
harposox

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Hey dirkk, thanks for the TA. Just out of curiosity, what do you make of that massive volume spike on Huboi that barely budged the price?

There appear to be some rather large players on BTC-e who are constraining the range of LTC price movements – there's that massive $100k floor that's been slowly eaten away at .0171 (LTC/BTC), and there's also been another whale holding a semi-permanent ceiling at 11.2 (LTC/USD). My initial impression is that price is being capped so some big players can accumulate without moving the price... What's your read on the situation?
dirkk (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

Hi harposox,
>thanks for the TA.
you're welcome, thanks for the feedback.

In relation to the massive spike there are various theories. Some include a clever bot script that takes advantage of other bots which respond to volume increase in an exchange, basically roping them in and making cents on a no-fee trade. Other theoies abound. My theory is that the exchange may want to increase their volume standing on LTC for perhaps an alliance deal or something of that nature. What is known is that the exchange let it happen. They have a plethora of data and the increase in volume early on would have sounded alarms. They didn't seem to react. I really just don't know. All conjecture.

In relation to BTC-e - well they are the biggest LTC exhange by volume. The BUY LIMIT order in my opinion is ligit. I would have staggered my orders but each to his own. Manipulation. Nuh. Besides holding up the price is a VERY dangerous game as one trader who exchanged 2000+ BTC for FTC would know.

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: