Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever tipped in a restaurant in BTC?  (Read 1730 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 02:32:09 AM

Hi,

I wonder if anybody here was ever geeky enough to tip a waitress well but in BTC with an instawallet url for example? Or give a BTC-Dime to a beggar this way?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:19:51 AM

I suggest we don't piss off waitstaff like this. They hardly have enough time to themselves but now you're going to ask them to go onto Mt. Gox and online shopping?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 03:41:51 AM

just tell the waitress, its non-taxable about ~5$ worth
tell her to youtube bitcoin!

the next week ask her, what she'd be willing to do for 100 bitcoin  Shocked

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:24:24 AM

I suggest we don't piss off waitstaff like this.

well, the value of a casascius physical coin is now high enough that i'm not just giving them away but for a few weeks there some table servers were getting a coin along with my payment and regular tip amount.    at another restaurant tips are combined and then split so they played a hand of poker to determine who got to keep the coin.

now the destination for a coin ending up in a sunday collection basket is something i'ld be curious to know.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 04:59:38 AM

I suggest we don't piss off waitstaff like this.

well, the value of a casascius physical coin is now high enough that i'm not just giving them away but for a few weeks there some table servers were getting a coin along with my payment and regular tip amount.    at another restaurant tips are combined and then split so they played a hand of poker to determine who got to keep the coin.

now the destination for a coin ending up in a sunday collection basket is something i'ld be curious to know.

Now that's a great idea...

Now what value would you write off on your taxes??  hehe, I would think you'd need the church to log the value in USD before you could take a deduction, yes?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:11:02 AM

I haven't tipped a waitress that way, but I did put a paper bitbill in a tip jar and told the bartender to put it in the family bible for ten years or at least until he knew what it was and it will probably be worth as much as a car by then.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 07:01:33 AM

I suggest we don't piss off waitstaff like this. They hardly have enough time to themselves but now you're going to ask them to go onto Mt. Gox and online shopping?

I unremorsefully and respectively disagree with this post.

The waitstaff is an integral part of having restaurants keen on the idea of accepting Bitcoin.

If the second sentence is true, we might as well shut down Bitcoin this very second, for it'll just be a waste of everybody's valuable time.

I may rib you a lot, Boss, but I do admire you. Perhaps clarify your position if you feel I've missed something with my response.

~Bruno~
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 01:53:05 PM

I may rib you a lot, Atlas, but I do admire you. Perhaps clarify your position if you feel I've missed something with my response.

~Bruno~

FTFY

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 05:46:54 PM

The hands of one pissed off waitress at the end of her shift. Only if she had enough time to spend those cocaine-containing greenbacks. But if everybody tipped her with bitcoins, she could easily stay home and shop online in her undies, hoping all the while that Aaron Keown is watching from outside her windows.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Richard Hauptmann)
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 11:04:21 PM

that's not a bad idea

you could give beggers bitcoins too
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 02:41:43 AM

The hands of one pissed off waitress at the end of her shift. Only if she had enough time to spend those cocaine-containing greenbacks. But if everybody tipped her with bitcoins, she could easily stay home and shop online in her undies, hoping all the while that Aaron Keown is watching from outside her windows.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Richard Hauptmann)

I love that picture.

I think that if you want to introduce people to bitcoin, give a normal tip and give a bonus in bitcoin.  Be sure to let them know how to get started, like with weusecoins.com or something like that. 

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:16:43 AM

I unremorsefully and respectively disagree with this post.

The waitstaff is an integral part of having restaurants keen on the idea of accepting Bitcoin.

If the second sentence is true, we might as well shut down Bitcoin this very second, for it'll just be a waste of everybody's valuable time.

I may rib you a lot, Boss, but I do admire you. Perhaps clarify your position if you feel I've missed something with my response.

~Bruno~

I acknowledge your statement and resign my claim.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: