Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What programming language do you love?  (Read 1797 times)
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:32:53 PM

There are lot of great language features in Java, which is not in this but equally important for making Java, Best programming language of last two decades e.g.
- Java is Secure, security is not only embedded in language, but also provided by platform.
- Java Array is bounded rather than C array, which is unbounded.
- Java is Strongly typed language, which means more help from compiler and easier to manage.
- Rich set of data types
- Rich set of operators

And 2 problems widely known of everyone:
-Performance: Java makes simple things complicated, so a simple C++ application will solve the problem faster
-String: Java has the worst string management what someone could think. Creating new instances of String or every function just to save the internal literal string is kind of ridiculous. If you find yoursel building a Path you will use so many strings that propably every oher language will do it faster, not to mention the less use of pointers and memory.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:41:01 PM

There are lot of great language features in Java, which is not in this but equally important for making Java, Best programming language of last two decades e.g.
- Java is Secure, security is not only embedded in language, but also provided by platform.
- Java is Strongly typed language, which means more help from compiler and easier to manage.
- Rich set of data types
- Rich set of operators

-Performance: Java makes simple things complicated, so a simple C++ application will solve the problem faster
-String: Java has the worst string management what someone could think. Creating new instances of String or every function just to save the internal literal string is kind of ridiculous. If you find yoursel building a Path you will use so many strings that propably every oher language will do it faster, not to mention the less use of pointers and memory.

There are certain steps that you can take to lessen the memory overhead when combining strings to build a path. One of the big no-nos in Java is to use concatenation, that's a sure fire way to piss away memory if you use it frequently :|

Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:42:29 PM

- Rich set of data types
- Rich set of operators

It is a trade off. You can implement using Java very quick. And you can integrate it with existing open source project with scaling capability.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

- Rich set of data types
- Rich set of operators

Just a joke, but, unbounded arrays are nice!
I remember all of the memory in use that I already destroyed while making some error while on a iteration in Delphi. It helped a lot to understand all the idea about memory.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:13:48 AM

I'm a developer, I love vb.net because I can program all that I want with facility and I can create beautiful things with few commands Smiley

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:44:08 AM

I've used a lot of great languages: Common Lisp, Haskell, and Smalltalk, and of course all of the standards C, C++, Java, C#. But I've come to the realization that I think Python is pretty much my favorite tool to solve problems.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:52:47 AM

I have fallen in love with ruby it's such a beautiful interface and I've only now just started to get into programming! Whats your favorite?
Python and Ruby. Both are high level, dynamically typed languages with modern features that can be used for multiple paradigms.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:54:59 AM

C and all its family members is good enough for me.

Yes all languages have their pros and cons, if a language was just cons it would die out fast.

Edit **

Not sure why some people spend ages on joke languages like white space. I guess they are cool for thought experiments but nothing more.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:33:04 PM

My main language which I used every day is PHP. I enjoy that because it was quite quick and easy to pick up, there is a lot of documentation and a lot of tutorials/examples, etc... on the internet for pretty much everything I need.

I've also used a bit of Java when I was at university and a bit of C#. I disliked Java immensely, though for some reason didn't mind C# that much.
CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:41:15 PM

PHP but I prefer plugin like joomla.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:10:13 PM

I know more than 5 programming languages, but personally I think that C++ is the best language to start learning programming.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:23:18 PM

I mainly use Python, PHP/LAMP and Java. Python is my first choice if it is a suitable problem, PHP/LAMP I use for web applications, and Java for everything else. On Linux systems, I occasionally find myself coding in C or scripting in bash or perl.

efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

I mainly use Python, PHP/LAMP and Java. Python is my first choice if it is a suitable problem, PHP/LAMP I use for web applications, and Java for everything else. On Linux systems, I occasionally find myself coding in C or scripting in bash or perl.

The reason why many dislike coding. Need to learn more than a dozen to get things done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: