Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary Thread  (Read 2613 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:11:36 AM

For those who aren't interested, please ignore this thread and excuse me for wasting your interwebs.

Forum threads are intended to incite discussions, but some of the most interesting threads are the summary threads about discussions. Not everyone has time to delve into pages and pages of ridiculous trolling and self-promotional posts by wannabe libertards and 12 year old captains of industry, so I thought we needed a place to sum up what's going on on these forums daily.

Feel free to discuss lightly but understand that this is more of a redirect thread to other threads than anything else. Think of it as a headline thread.

I'll start the ball rolling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:13:43 AM

Pay Bitcoins for advice from medical students

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64287

This concept is not a new one, but it begs to ask the question: How can they not be sued and/or kicked out of medical school for this?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:17:18 AM

Another newb thinks he has the secret recipe for Paypal to Bitcoin. Now taking bets on how many days till he is bankrupt.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64530

The last time someone came to the forums cocky about how they had it all figured out, I told them exactly why it wouldn't work and exactly how they'd lose their money. Not only was I absolutely correct about it, they never even came back and apologized for being such douchebags. Now we get to see history repeat itself, but this time instead of Mr Coins, it's dareq.

Hello guys!

I'm new member on this forum but you can be sure i'll make big contribution to your (well,soon I can call it our's) community because I'll be offering BTC exchange for PayPal ! Yes, you read right, i'll be accepting PayPal for BTC payments. It may seem weird but that's true, I have my own method of securing money on PayPal even if I get "scammed" and chargebacked by someone,I have my own way of dealing with it Smiley

Let's hope his way of dealing with it isn't suicide.

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:24:59 AM

Is Dareq worth the energy, Matthew?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:30:17 AM

Is Dareq worth the energy, Matthew?

Aren't you still banned by Theymos?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 05:44:56 AM

In this thread Mathew and Atlas bicker.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:49:15 AM

In this thread Mathew and Atlas bicker.

Click here to read this.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:56:49 AM

More arguments about something that can't be proven or disproven in this lifetime

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62099.0

Is global warming real? Yea. So is global cooling. It was called the ice ages dipshits, and it wasn't because of a lack of pollution.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:01:52 AM

Future millionaire and current jobless teenager swears billions in self-potential with only requirements for startup being a limo, a webhost, and a million dollar mansion. Sounds legit! Shut up and take my money!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48949

This forum is full of both activism and atlavism. The former relies on people who don't get laid enough barking down your throats about things that may or may not even affect you personally, and the latter stimulates a make believe economy with make-believe efforts into make believe products. I wish we could get more realists on this forum and people who know how to get shit done. Less talk, more action! SIEG HEIL!

etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:14:45 AM

I just posted a call for help crowdfunding for Armory Bitcoin client.

I am the developer of Armory, which has recently been released as alpha.  It has all sorts of great stuff like deterministic wallets, multiple wallets, watching-only wallets, permanent paper backups, key importing/sweeping, usermodes, and a complete offline-wallet interface for keeping private keys offline while still managing funds online.  It took me 8 months to get this far, but I need some funds to keep going.  I have plans to implement a full multi-signature tx interface, buyer-seller escrow interface, and two-factor authentication via smartphone without a third-party. 

Please check out the thread above, or go straight to the crowdfunding campaign website and donate! 

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:18:47 AM

I just posted a call for help crowdfunding for Armory Bitcoin client.

I am the developer of Armory, which has recently been released as alpha.  It has all sorts of great stuff like deterministic wallets, multiple wallets, watching-only wallets, permanent paper backups, key importing/sweeping, usermodes, and a complete offline-wallet interface for keeping private keys offline while still managing funds online.  It took me 8 months to get this far, but I need some funds to keep going.  I have plans to implement a full multi-signature tx interface, buyer-seller escrow interface, and two-factor authentication via smartphone without a third-party.  

Please check out the thread above, or go straight to the crowdfunding campaign website and donate!  

I actually read your crowdfunding thread and found it to be disappointing. I am a huge fan of Armory, but I am totally against crowdfunding as a businessman. Might I recommend you work with people who know how to monetize the product + your skills instead of e-begging? Ever thought about ad supported? Subsidizing efforts? Providing plugins for fees? Selling licenses for tech support? There are tons of ways to make money other than just asking for free money and I wouldn't even mind helping you get there through the DCAO.

Bottom line, without providing a detailed list of what is going to be done, people don't like giving money away, especially for something that's already done more or less. If you must do crowdfunding, trying a more focused approach like $100 interval goals to unlock certain features in the least.

etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:28:17 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2012, 06:49:37 AM by etotheipi

I actually read your crowdfunding thread and found it to be disappointing. I am a huge fan of Armory, but I am totally against crowdfunding as a businessman. Might I recommend you work with people who know how to monetize the product + your skills instead of e-begging? Ever thought about ad supported? Subsidizing efforts? Providing plugins for fees? Selling licenses for tech support? There are tons of ways to make money other than just asking for free money and I wouldn't even mind helping you get there through the DCAO.

Geez Matt.  The goal was to give the community a chance to pay for it and help me avoid poisoning it with ads, or "selling-out" to someone just because they have a lot of money (and thus I acquire an obligation to satisfy some suits instead of myself).   I don't want to monetize it and corrupt it, I want to provide it for free, which will have the most impact on the greater Bitcoin community.  I'm not in this to get rich, I'm in it to make an impact, and I can make maximum impact by keeping it open and pure.   This is exactly what crowdfunding is for.  Sorry I'm not a businessman like you.

Bottom line, without providing a detailed list of what is going to be done, people don't like giving money away, especially for something that's already done more or less. If you must do crowdfunding, trying a more focused approach like $100 interval goals to unlock certain features in the least.

Did you read the page?  I laid out exactly what everyone is getting for their money.  To a tee.  Exactly what features are expected, the length of time I expect to leverage the money, and conditions for underfunding and overfunding.  I don't think I could get any more clear.  And FYI, Armory is not even close to "done."  This is just the beginning!  All the multi-sig tx support, two-factor authentication, and a buyer-seller escrow interface need to be implemented, among other things.   If you don't like it or don't agree, then don't donate.  

P.S. - Let's not pollute this thread with this discussion.  Please pick it up in the crowdfunding thread if you would like to discuss further.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:45:46 AM

First you take my Twunker idea, re-brand it, then call it your own. Now you're taking thoughts out of my head and using them. What gives?

Seriously, I thought of something like this a couple days ago, and glad to see it come to fruition. You're the best guy to maintain this. God speed, Matthew.

Wishes,

~Bruno~
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 07:39:09 AM

ATLAS YOUR BACK  Cheesy.

yay.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 07:40:18 AM

More arguments about something that can't be proven or disproven in this lifetime

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62099.0

Is global warming real? Yea. So is global cooling. It was called the ice ages dipshits, and it wasn't because of a lack of pollution.
You say some stupid shit sometimes. Seriously.

These "Ice Ages" didn't happen over just ONE century, like we are seeing now with global warming...

Anyways lets not bring that debate here...
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 09:29:34 AM

Ongoing discussion about a Resource Based Economy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5373.0

People eventually realizing that money and the economic theories that support it are based on imagination and fantasy, and are irrelevant to the future of humanity.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
CaptainDDL

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:49:12 AM

Interesting concept - this would make it a lot easier to stay up to date on Bitcoin news. I'll keep checking back for more, thanks. Smiley
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:24:19 PM

Geez Matt.  The goal was to give the community a chance to pay for it and help me avoid poisoning it with ads, or "selling-out" to someone just because they have a lot of money (and thus I acquire an obligation to satisfy some suits instead of myself).   I don't want to monetize it and corrupt it, I want to provide it for free, which will have the most impact on the greater Bitcoin community.  I'm not in this to get rich, I'm in it to make an impact, and I can make maximum impact by keeping it open and pure.   This is exactly what crowdfunding is for.  Sorry I'm not a businessman like you.

Right on!  This is what got me interested in bitcoin more than anything...  an alternative to the current greedhead way which is destroying the world.

[ insert Bill Hicks rant against marketing and weasel advertisers etc.  ]  

moar coinage for the armory project!  
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

Right on!  This is what got me interested in bitcoin more than anything...  an alternative to the current greedhead ways which is destroying the world.

[ insert Bill Hicks rant against marketing and weasel advertisers etc.  ] 

moar coinage for the armory project!   

Well that definitely is a different way to think of it. I don't mind that things can (and actually do) work with e-begging, I just think that there are structures that work better. Since I didn't get a clear response from the guy about what he has or has not planned other than crowdfunding, I couldn't comment on anything at this point. Just glad to see him working so hard and looking forward to Armory's future!

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:41:14 PM

It is not begging the way I see it but rather an invitation to participate in a worthwhile cause/project.  

Its not like he is going to just take that money and go buy himself a bottle of cheap wine or lysol, and only share it with his back-alley buddies...

I expect we will all benefit from the project, which I can share in a little bit by contributing a small amount of coin.  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: