Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Keywords & Key Phrases  (Read 3072 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 08:36:25 AM

Whether we know it or not, or whether you purposely do it or not, each time we incorporate a keyword or key phrase in our posts, it inevitably has the positive effect of having somebody stumble upon Bitcoin while they're searching Google for a completely unrelated term. For instance, in a post earlier today I purposely incorporated the names of two French restaurants located in the UK--Le Gavroche and Ratatouille. By doing such, I've increased Bitcoin's awareness by some fraction of one percent. For sake of illustration purposes, let's call it 1/1,000th of 1%. Thus, for every 1,000 posts on BitcoinTalk injected with a keyword or key phrase, albeit used naturally, has the added effect of increasing Bitcoin's awareness by 1%.

Of course, this is not a new revelation, but my hope is that by sharing this information, users here who were not aware of this fact, coupled with users who are, will start consciously injecting popular, and even non-popular, search terms in their posts, knowing now that someday, somebody will discover Bitcoin when they were Googling, let's say, a baseball player by the name of Christian Haupt.

~Bruno~ (not Sacha Baron Cohen)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:02:46 AM

'not' quotes are the most annoying thing ever. i wish Google could distinguish between a keyword hit and an anti keyword hit.

like when i want to search for "how to do xyz" and it returns a million pages that tell me "how not to do xyz".

p.s. when will disney on ice accept bitcoins?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 09:16:22 AM

'not' quotes are the most annoying thing ever. i wish Google could distinguish between a keyword hit and an anti keyword hit.

like when i want to search for "how to do xyz" and it returns a million pages that tell me "how not to do xyz".

p.s. when will disney on ice accept bitcoins?

My guess would be about the same time that Manilla.com does.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Mars)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 09:35:10 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2012, 09:59:46 AM by LightRider

Unfortunately, serious SEO requires access to the underlying page script, like META tags and the like. At least that was the case back when I was a Notepad web warrior.

I would also like to see game companies like Blizzard, makers of the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, and Diablo III, accept bitcoin. Not to mention Mojang, creators of the highly popular open world creative game Minecraft, and Cobalt, a game that is not Minecraft. Also, Scrolls, a game that is often confused with Bethesda Softwork's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which is not Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:53:42 AM

I repeatedly am surprised how often something bitcoin-related appears in my search results when performing searches.  Even with completely unrelated topics sometimes.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 02:17:08 PM

I repeatedly am surprised how often something bitcoin-related appears in my search results when performing searches.  Even with completely unrelated topics sometimes.

google's filter bubble  Embarrassed

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:19:23 PM

It's because Google remembers what you have searched for in the past, and attempts to offer you "relevant" information on subsequent searches. If you are creeped out by this, I would suggest that you try duckduckgo.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 05:58:52 PM

It's because Google remembers what you have searched for in the past, and attempts to offer you "relevant" information on subsequent searches. If you are creeped out by this, I would suggest that you try duckduckgo.

Could you imagine duckduckgo having the Peabody Ducks as their mascot?

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Senna)
buanakata

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:59:57 AM

Whether we know it or not, or whether you purposely do it or not, each time we incorporate a keyword or key phrase in our posts, it inevitably has the positive effect of having somebody stumble upon Bitcoin while they're searching Google for a completely unrelated term. For instance, in a post earlier today I purposely incorporated the names of two French restaurants located in the UK--Le Gavroche and Ratatouille. By doing such, I've increased Bitcoin's awareness by some fraction of one percent. For sake of illustration purposes, let's call it 1/1,000th of 1%. Thus, for every 1,000 posts on BitcoinTalk injected with a keyword or key phrase, albeit used naturally, has the added effect of increasing Bitcoin's awareness by 1%.

Of course, this is not a new revelation, but my hope is that by sharing this information, users here who were not aware of this fact, coupled with users who are, will start consciously injecting popular, and even non-popular, search terms in their posts, knowing now that someday, somebody will discover Bitcoin when they were Googling, let's say, a baseball player by the name of Christian Haupt.

Maybe because bitcoin has been popular and much loved so there are a handful of businessmen who want to participate in popular passengers. Problems like this seem to need to be addressed because if left unchecked can degrade the credibility or elektabilitas name of this bitcoin we love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: