Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 setup  (Read 734 times)
wbmillerkc (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:08:56 AM

Hey all

I need a little help getting my group of Ants up. Been following all of the guides etc, and am still having trouble getting even 1 up, let a lone 4.

My set up right now is Antminer S1 hooked to the router via cat5 wire. Router is a Trendnet wireless with 4 rj45 jacks on the back. Routers address is 192.168.10.1

I can get into the routers control panel.
I know how to re-set my network IP and can hit 192.168.1.99 and get into the Ants console with the ant connected directly to the PC. (not wireless or laptop)
the ant is set to DCHP, not static address.
I can put my pool info in and hit save/apply.
I get the little spinning wheel that sez config saved,

Plug the ant into the router, power down everything, power up the cable modem... wait... power up the router.... wait... power up the ant.
I get 1 solid green LED under the RJ45 jack, get lights on the top side of the RJ45 plug. get 1 blinking green LED on the left side of the control board on the ant. and no mining, no green LED on the blade sides of the ant.

None of the guides give you any idea what to do if the ant doesn't fire right up.

It doesn't look to me like the ant and the router are communicating. The router will show my 2 laptops, and my scrypt miner, but not the ant. But I have no idea how to fix that.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

The Ant has a WAN and a LAN interface.  These seem to use the same RJ45 connector.  It looks like these cannot be both on the same subnet. The interface that I've been using is the WAN. I think that you can ignore the LAN and simply use the WAN.  It would be an advantage to leave it as a fixed IP (so it won't suffer from DHCP lease expiry).  If you can still connect to the gui, change the WAN to a free fixed IP in your router's range.  After the change you'll need to login to the gui on the revised IP address. Make sure that all of your pool credentials are 100% correct. You need to be patient when you turn the Antminer on, until it starts mining.  You can click repeatedly on the 'status' tab on the web gui to refresh the display.  I hope that this fixes it for you.
wbmillerkc (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:21:47 PM

The Ant has a WAN and a LAN interface.  These seem to use the same RJ45 connector.  It looks like these cannot be both on the same subnet. The interface that I've been using is the WAN. I think that you can ignore the LAN and simply use the WAN.  It would be an advantage to leave it as a fixed IP (so it won't suffer from DHCP lease expiry).  If you can still connect to the gui, change the WAN to a free fixed IP in your router's range.  After the change you'll need to login to the gui on the revised IP address. Make sure that all of your pool credentials are 100% correct. You need to be patient when you turn the Antminer on, until it starts mining.  You can click repeatedly on the 'status' tab on the web gui to refresh the display.  I hope that this fixes it for you.

Thanks. I'm kinda on the opposite side of the boat, all of the ants are wired, so disableing the WAN might help. I think I have a variety of small glitches going on. Seems the ants like routers with a 192.168.1.1 address, mine has a 192.168.10.1 address. I changed the IP address of the router, but can no longer log into it..... but the 1 ant runs and mines. (Have 1 of 4 hooked up thru this diagnostic process). They also like to be wired directly to the router rather than thru a 4 port switch. I had 1 running thru the switch on IP 192.168.10.x, so I know they'll do it, it just seems a matter of switching hardware around to where the ants like it. Makes no sense, but that's the way it's shaping up. Thanks for your help.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:53:04 PM

In my case I never used the LAN, only the WAN (they are all wired).  Note that WAN means Wide Area Network (not wireless).  On the TP-link board used as a controller both LAN and WAN are accessed through the same RJ-45 connector, but can't be on the same subnet.  I think that the Bitmain intention is to use the WAN, as that is how they come configured from the factory.  I've set the WANs of all of my ants to different fixed IP addresses, which are also reflected in the IP address reservation of my router (to prevent them being assigned to another device if that Ant happened to be off).  Using DHCP seems 'easy' from the router point of view, but that has a few disadvantages:  1) DHCP has a finite time lease, assuming that you want your ants mining for weeks without interruption and 'baby sitting', you may have issues when the lease expires.  2) it is so much easier to manage your ants using mdude7's great Antminer Monitor, or just a browser gui when the IP addresses are fixed.

Good luck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: