Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychiatry kills  (Read 1110 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:01:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dQufOaqcU

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:59:13 AM

My first instinct is to say that this is ridiculous. My second instinct is: hey, psychology is a respectable science, right? If there is a disorder in the DSM, it must have some basis in reality, right?

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:29:33 AM

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Dude, you need a serious mental evaluation.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:48:02 AM

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Dude, you need a serious mental evaluation.

I think he forgets his meds from time to time.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:16:50 AM

Why don't you all take some antipsychotics or antidepressants and report back to me.

Pure hell.

The worst part, doctors have the authority to force them into people, including kids.

Nazi thought control at it's finest.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:31:25 AM

Why don't you all take some antipsychotics or antidepressants and report back to me.

Pure hell.

The worst part, doctors have the authority to force them into people, including kids.

I am no fan of the pharmaceutical industry. I will grant you that. Most of the shooting sprees in the US recently were perpetrated by people taking an anti depressant.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:12:29 PM

Considering that half the population of the United States of America can be diagnosed with a mental disorder, either we're all nuts or psychologists and psychiatrists have way too much time on their hands. There have even been cases where people have been misdiagnosed. Dudes, save psychological treatments for people who genuinely need it; otherwise, just practice a bit of self-discipline and don't EVER lose your temper so you don't get put in a straitjacket.
steelbuzz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:42:36 PM

I am a firm anti-psychiatry kind of person as well. It is used for emotional and mental thought control in a lot of people but it is definitely beneficial for some who actually need it. The truth is though that not as many people need it as doctors think they do which results in too many people being overly medicated with stuff that has little effect, does nothing, or has a negative effect. It makes the pharma companies a whole lot of money as well.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:45:58 PM

Overmedication because of the "free market" we all love here is a problem. Psychiatry is not the problem.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:11:46 PM

Right on. I'm with you. Emotional problems resulting from EXPERIENCE in LIFE are the cause of these "disorders". All a drug is going to do is dull the senses or hype you up (one or the other). They do not in any way handle the actual cause of emotional distress.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

Overmedication because of the "free market" we all love here is a problem. Psychiatry is not the problem.

Over medication due to government interference with markets is a problem. Do you ever wonder why there is a revolving door between the FDA and prescription drug companies? A truly free market would demand ethical behavior and the bad actors would go down in a hail of lawsuits and bad press. 

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:19:33 AM

Pure hell.

I am no fan of the pharmaceutical industry. I will grant you that. Most of the shooting sprees in the US recently were perpetrated by people taking an anti depressant.

You might have that causality reversed there buddy...
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:24:02 AM

Pure hell.

Could go either way, correlation is not causation. I have seen research that suggests anti depressants can actually cause psychotic episodes. As a bit of anecdotal evidence I used wellbutrin to help me quit smoking once. There are some very freaky side effects with that class of drugs. Suddenly realizing that suicide somehow makes sense and might even be a good idea spooked me off of that one immediately.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

If the doctors were actually kind hearted people and talked to their patients to help resolve what was going on in their life, psychiatry would not be needed.  It wasn't needed for thousands upon thousands of years.

If you truly want to resolve an emotional issue, take a psychedelic face it yourself like we have been doing for so long.

Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:53:02 AM

My first instinct is to say that this is ridiculous. My second instinct is: hey, psychology is a respectable science, right? If there is a disorder in the DSM, it must have some basis in reality, right?

But the problem is that there is no basis/rules for the interpretation of psychiatrists
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

maybe psychiatry kills, but so do the people who need meds but don't take them. you know, one of those psychos who end up shooting massive amounts of people in public.
surebet

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:18:34 AM

Pure hell.

Could go either way, correlation is not causation. I have seen research that suggests anti depressants can actually cause psychotic episodes. As a bit of anecdotal evidence I used wellbutrin to help me quit smoking once. There are some very freaky side effects with that class of drugs. Suddenly realizing that suicide somehow makes sense and might even be a good idea spooked me off of that one immediately.

Yup, not arguing that the incorrect pharma load can adversely affect your judgement, but to get them prescribed in the first place you still need to have underlying issues recognised and diagnosed by a doctor. My point was that these meds should be the results of a depression or whatever, not the other way around, unless you self medicate with them, in which case you're playing with fire.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

Pure hell.

Yup, not arguing that the incorrect pharma load can adversely affect your judgement, but to get them prescribed in the first place you still need to have underlying issues recognised and diagnosed by a doctor. My point was that these meds should be the results of a depression or whatever, not the other way around, unless you self medicate with them, in which case you're playing with fire.

I have never been the type of person to get depressed thankfully. The medication did help with the cigarette cravings but when I told my doctor about the side effects he suggested e-cigarettes instead. I could have been something unique to me I suppose but I have heard similar stories from a lot of people.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

maybe psychiatry kills, but so do the people who need meds but don't take them. you know, one of those psychos who end up shooting massive amounts of people in public.

Most often the people who do that were on antidepressants or SSRIs before hand.

surebet

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:54:09 AM

I have never been the type of person to get depressed thankfully. The medication did help with the cigarette cravings but when I told my doctor about the side effects he suggested e-cigarettes instead. I could have been something unique to me I suppose but I have heard similar stories from a lot of people.

Ah, that's something else then. I know Wellbutrin (Bupropion) has been prescribed to people I know to help quit smoking, I have reservations about that kind of thing, but at least it's not an SSRI.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: