Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit by a shitstorm, selling everything I can!  (Read 1391 times)
CoinDaddy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:51:45 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 02:06:30 PM by CoinDaddy

I have been hit with a "world of shitstorm" type situation and need to make some dough, so I'm selling off as much as I can.
I am not a beggar, the items I'm selling are all in decent condition.
I will list the items here first, and if you're interested in my sob story you can scroll down and check it out.

PM me if you are interested in any of my items, I will accept escrow.
I will update the op as items are sold.
If you want an estimate on shipping any item/s, just ask and I will respond as quickly as I can.  I'm still cleaning up this mess, so I'm not spending very much time online right now, but I will be checking here once or twice a day.

1x Unlocked 16GB Nexus 4 in pristine condition, with charging cable.  -   $150.00

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIx sound card $40.00

2x Epson PowerLite X12 LED Projector (HDMI/VGA)  -  $200.00
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487471.msg5371252#msg5371252

Zotac GTX560 TI 1GB  -  $40.00
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430802.msg4716304#msg4716304

I will have some other computer parts up later as well, so keep checking back if you need any for older hardware. (Think Ultra SCSI cards and drives, old video cards, memory and DVD drives, Macbook and MB Pro parts)
I also have some old, old vinyl albums, antique typewriters (heavy), antique pub signs with authentic pub grime, and some comics to sell, but probably not here due to time and lack of interest.

My Story
I was in a car accident a few weeks back where a girl basically shaved the front bumper off of my car, and I didn't have the money or insurance to fix it, so I parked the car in the drive and hoofed it everywhere.
Bad luck.

I come home for lunch one day, and while I'm sitting in my basement on the computer, I notice my feet are starting to get wet... the damn storm drain was backing up into my house.  So we were flooded out.  Tons of computer equipment, flooded.  Bitcoin mining operations suspended.  Sad  
More bad luck.

I'm a tech support guy and had both a student working for me and some flexibility in scheduling, so I called work to take some time off, and fought the floodwaters for the next 22 hours straight. I take a nap, and 1 hour-in I get a call from my manager at work.
They have an emergency technical meeting that I absolutely must make an appearance at.
So, I shower, notice I have no clean clothes (washer and dryer were in the basement) and run out and buy a new shirt so I don't look like a bum for this meeting.
When I get there, my manager tells me that they are "declining to renew my contract."  I'm out of a job.  
Even worse luck.

So I get home and tell my pregnant wife that I just lost my job, and then get right back to fighting the floodwaters.  My wife can't help because of bacterial infections etc. because of the pregnancy,  so it's all up to me.
I moved the car to the street, rented a truck and a storage unit to save as much out of my basement as possible.
When I get back from my last load, I notice someone backed into my car and crunched the corner and tail-light right into the trunk space.  They must have hit it pretty hard, but at least they left a note.
WTH is going on here.

The next day we have a doctors appointment to listen to the baby's heartbeat and check my wife's health.  It had been scheduled way in advance as they like to keep their eyes on the progress, and we were just into the second trimester.
He couldn't find the heartbeat... we'd had a sonogram just a couple weeks before and 'lil dude was flipping around and sorta waved at us, but we couldn't find anything, so the doctor had us rush to the hospital for an emergency sonogram.
The baby had died.
WTF life.

So my wife just gave our last $1000 to the government for our property taxes, I have two kids and I have to feed them and myself.  Too bad we still have internet though, because it means she just stays in her room and wallows in self pity all day.  She comes out to go to the bathroom and go to church, that's it. We have two kids, and I've been working balls-out to make sure they get to school, have homework done, are clothed, etc.  AND I'm still cleaning flood shit up, doing dishes, mowing the lawn, laundry, etc.

The guy that backed into my car payed to have it repaired without involving insurance, and because of that he even payed to have a new front bumper put on.  So at least one lucky thing has occurred in all of this.

I feel pretty messed-up, and aimless.  Just trying to take care of what I can right now, so if anyone can help make things a little easier by buying my stuff, I would really, really appreciate it.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

Hi,
I red all your story, sorry to hear that! :/ Hope you will be fine! I will PM you with an offer for one of the things, but also wish you that you will sell everything on this forum. Hope you are accpeting ESCROW, because you didnt mentioned that in the topic.
BR
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 10:22:23 PM by devthedev

Stay strong bro, I'll be praying for you. I can provide escrow if you need assistance in that avenue. PM me.

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:41:00 PM

Man that's rough.. Stay up, things will turn around in time
aBITfedUP

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:32:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

One thing I've noticed in life is sometimes when shit gets bad, it just keeps worse. Snowballing into the type of shitstorm situations you find yourself in.  Luckily I've often found the opposite to be true as well.  You'll pick up good luck left and right, out of nowhere, usually all about the same time.

Just hold on, be a good person and let karma take its course. 

All that said, I've always wanted one of those projectors.  I don't really have any place to put it right now, but I'll buy it anyway...  Anyone want to do escrow on this?
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:55:51 PM

Do you have a link to the exact model of the sound card? Thanks in advance!
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:12:51 AM

Sorry to hear mate Sad
i am possibly interested in the projector ( just 1 )
Where are you located ? Could you please get a quote to ship it to Victoria Australia (postcode 3000)
Also if you are not in AU, I could only pay with bitcoins or paypal if that would be a problem ?

jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

pm send about the nexus
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:04:06 PM

Keep your head up! It can only get better from here Smiley

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
omegaflare

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:21:58 PM

I have been hit with a "world of shitstorm" type situation and need to make some dough, so I'm selling off as much as I can.
I am not a beggar, the items I'm selling are all in decent condition.
I will list the items here first, and if you're interested in my sob story you can scroll down and check it out.

PM me if you are interested in any of my items, I will accept escrow.
I will update the op as items are sold.
If you want an estimate on shipping any item/s, just ask and I will respond as quickly as I can.  I'm still cleaning up this mess, so I'm not spending very much time online right now, but I will be checking here once or twice a day.

1x Unlocked 16GB Nexus 4 in pristine condition, with charging cable.  -   $150.00

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIx sound card $40.00

2x Epson PowerLite X12 LED Projector (HDMI/VGA)  -  $200.00
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487471.msg5371252#msg5371252

Zotac GTX560 TI 1GB  -  $40.00
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430802.msg4716304#msg4716304

I will have some other computer parts up later as well, so keep checking back if you need any for older hardware. (Think Ultra SCSI cards and drives, old video cards, memory and DVD drives, Macbook and MB Pro parts)
I also have some old, old vinyl albums, antique typewriters (heavy), antique pub signs with authentic pub grime, and some comics to sell, but probably not here due to time and lack of interest.

My Story
I was in a car accident a few weeks back where a girl basically shaved the front bumper off of my car, and I didn't have the money or insurance to fix it, so I parked the car in the drive and hoofed it everywhere.
Bad luck.

I come home for lunch one day, and while I'm sitting in my basement on the computer, I notice my feet are starting to get wet... the damn storm drain was backing up into my house.  So we were flooded out.  Tons of computer equipment, flooded.  Bitcoin mining operations suspended.  Sad  
More bad luck.

I'm a tech support guy and had both a student working for me and some flexibility in scheduling, so I called work to take some time off, and fought the floodwaters for the next 22 hours straight. I take a nap, and 1 hour-in I get a call from my manager at work.
They have an emergency technical meeting that I absolutely must make an appearance at.
So, I shower, notice I have no clean clothes (washer and dryer were in the basement) and run out and buy a new shirt so I don't look like a bum for this meeting.
When I get there, my manager tells me that they are "declining to renew my contract."  I'm out of a job.  
Even worse luck.

So I get home and tell my pregnant wife that I just lost my job, and then get right back to fighting the floodwaters.  My wife can't help because of bacterial infections etc. because of the pregnancy,  so it's all up to me.
I moved the car to the street, rented a truck and a storage unit to save as much out of my basement as possible.
When I get back from my last load, I notice someone backed into my car and crunched the corner and tail-light right into the trunk space.  They must have hit it pretty hard, but at least they left a note.
WTH is going on here.

The next day we have a doctors appointment to listen to the baby's heartbeat and check my wife's health.  It had been scheduled way in advance as they like to keep their eyes on the progress, and we were just into the second trimester.
He couldn't find the heartbeat... we'd had a sonogram just a couple weeks before and 'lil dude was flipping around and sorta waved at us, but we couldn't find anything, so the doctor had us rush to the hospital for an emergency sonogram.
The baby had died.
WTF life.

So my wife just gave our last $1000 to the government for our property taxes, I have two kids and I have to feed them and myself.  Too bad we still have internet though, because it means she just stays in her room and wallows in self pity all day.  She comes out to go to the bathroom and go to church, that's it. We have two kids, and I've been working balls-out to make sure they get to school, have homework done, are clothed, etc.  AND I'm still cleaning flood shit up, doing dishes, mowing the lawn, laundry, etc.

The guy that backed into my car payed to have it repaired without involving insurance, and because of that he even payed to have a new front bumper put on.  So at least one lucky thing has occurred in all of this.

I feel pretty messed-up, and aimless.  Just trying to take care of what I can right now, so if anyone can help make things a little easier by buying my stuff, I would really, really appreciate it.

1) Get foodstamp to help you out: fill out the paper and they will mail you within 7-14 days of your appointment. Show up and explain your situation due to job loss, flood, and etc. You should get foodstamp and free medicaid for your pregnant wife. You should get a card n' all after you're done with your appointment.

2) Get SSI. Don't argument whether it's good or bad - all of that morality crap - YOU NEED IT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR WIFE! You should get it within day 1. SSDI takes 6 months to process - I don't know why it takes so long. Stupid GOP (including GOP in libtard's clothing). Politics aside, get help. Don't let anyone deter you from applying SSI. Those people are racist, bloodthirsty haters.

3) Find a job if you can. You should be eligible for section 8 housing. Start your life anew from there.

I hope my advice helps.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:55:21 PM

Hi,
I red all your story, sorry to hear that! :/ Hope you will be fine! I will PM you with an offer for one of the things, but also wish you that you will sell everything on this forum. Hope you are accpeting ESCROW, because you didnt mentioned that in the topic.
BR

@OP that sucks man, big time.  I can help you escrow these trades for free, no fee required.  If that's needed, just PM me and hope I can help just a little bit to get you out of this mess (with 0% escrow fees, yay!) Wink
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:02:41 PM

Apparently he's not too desperate, I Pm'd him about the nexus and still no response. Not sure if this is a serious post or not now
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:07:36 PM

I'm sorry bro, kindly you also go to church, may Allah (God) help you dear.

Kindly accept Escrow as you don't want to be scammed after all of this.

Wish you the best.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: