Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RFC] DeVCorp: DeVCoin denominated FPGA merged-mining and more  (Read 853 times)
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 08:52:03 PM

Well having just seen a proposal for an FPGA mining operation I thought it might be time to start floating my DeVCoin based "DeVCorp" concept.

It would be really nice to be able to take advantage of bulk prwices for FPGA gear. For example. to be able to buy 30+ Icarus boards in one order. When BiTCoin was somewhere over $5 USD it looked like that ought to cost somewhere around 3000 BiTCoins.

I have merged mining working using p2pool to mine BiTCoin as primary chain, with NaMeCoin, IXCoin, I0Coin, DeVCoin, GRouPcoin etc (where etc is not yet in play but hopefully will include UKB, CDN, UNS, GMC, GRF, NKL and so on) as merged aux chains.

DeVCorp is to focus on the DeVCoin. Mining will not be all it does, it will be a general "try to make DeVCoins go up in value" institution. Shares will be initially issued in return for DeVCoins and mined coins of vall the various merge-able chains will be sold for DeVCoins.

Since this is an initial Request For Comments (RFC), here is a specific such request: I am concerned as to how important using a "dividend-paying" format is? I prefer that the corp simply buy back its own shares are growing prices per share rather than going through the whole rigamarole of divvying up dividends. It means that cashing out involves some loss of percentage of the corp the person cashing out holds, for example. It avoids the need to round off divisions of arbitrary quantities. It prevents the share price from aquiring a sawtooth pattern as it drops right after dividends are payed then grows again until the next time dividends are paid. All in all, it is just plain simpler.

But is it reasonable? Are "dividends" pretty much the whole point from the perspective of most prospective buyers of shares?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: