Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox btc when?  (Read 2675 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

I would like to know a time frame for getting all or part of my 11.82627776 BTC from MtGox.  Getting on in years and want to buy a cemetery plot up in NY rather than stay down here.  That would go a long way to buying the plot and prepaying my shipping.  Still waiting for mullet sporting bounty hunters/skip tracers to haul Karpeles to the US, apprehension to be seen on TV, so he can appear before court.

i doubt you will ever see the 11.8 BTC again.

Or even 1.8 of it sadly. The lawyers and creditors will eat up the leftovers long before the customers get a share.

Yeah, its a some real shitty shoes to be in.. but.... if you cal now, we'll include a 2nd pair of these shoes for free.. just pay 55$ S&H!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:42:56 PM

Not a great believer in the rightness of USA's legal system but I wonder if putting the matter in the hands of an attorney would benefit me.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:49:07 PM

Not a great believer in the rightness of USA's legal system but I wonder if putting the matter in the hands of an attorney would benefit me.

There are several different class action suits. But even they are saying that if you are no major holder of gox funds, it isn't worth joinging..

So there is that.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:29:20 AM

I would like to know a time frame for getting all or part of my 11.82627776 BTC from MtGox.  Getting on in years and want to buy a cemetery plot up in NY rather than stay down here.  That would go a long way to buying the plot and prepaying my shipping.  Still waiting for mullet sporting bounty hunters/skip tracers to haul Karpeles to the US, apprehension to be seen on TV, so he can appear before court.

i doubt you will ever see the 11.8 BTC again.

Or even 1.8 of it sadly. The lawyers and creditors will eat up the leftovers long before the customers get a share.

Yeah, its a some real shitty shoes to be in.. but.... if you cal now, we'll include a 2nd pair of these shoes for free.. just pay 55$ S&H!

I got into bit coin right as that was happening. I got a free education at a perfect time.

blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:18:26 AM

The BK process can take years to complete. I would guess that you would receive some kind of recovery in 2016 (I have no evidence to back this up).

Based on the fact that they recovered ~20% of the lost coins I would say you should expect a recovery somewhere in the 25% range (20% from coins, 5% from selling technology, trading platform, ect.) but that is just a guess.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:37:33 PM

you will be lucky if you ever see any of your BTC ever again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:39:54 PM

Yes, that sums up the value proposition. Chance of seeing some percentage of coins vs cost of those coins.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:41:22 PM

lol good luck man. You won't ever see those Bitcoins again. Chances are they MAY stat issuing refunds in a few years, and the Price per bitcoin may sky rocket then and at that point, they won't even think to refund you.
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:08:13 PM

And bankruptcy will complicate my income tax return.  Holding those I have in my wallet as a hedge against inflation, doesn't allow me to apply that loss to mitigate tax as I ain't selling.  And I believe I must declare the loss this year or I lose even that tax mitigation.  Maybe I'll have to do a wash sale and purchase just to sort it out.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:41:07 PM

I disagree with this statement. The OP will likely see some kind of recovery as GOX does have some assets.

The fact that Bitcoin is involved will likely complicate things as there is no precedent for how distribution should be handled, plus the fact that GOX has creditors from around the world and are relatively small as a percentage of total claims.

IMO it will take several years to resolve GOX and the OP will see some kind of recovery.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: