Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To buy or not to buy  (Read 875 times)
iutshrout (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

Brand new to the forum and fairly new to the world of btc.  Over the past several months, I've been purchasing as much btc as my budget will allow.  I know this is a terrible question....but Is the current price to high for me to continue purchasing?  I know there is no right answer and the future can not be predicted, but I am really just looking for your guy's opinions on whether I should hold off for now.

Would appreciate any wisdom that could be dropped on me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

It's never a wrong time to buy. Go with your instincts, but me personally I wouldn't get too caught up in the current Bitcoin price. Just invest a portion of your fiat into BTC at a time so the price swings don't effect you much.

Don't hold onto all your assets, but use them wisely. You can invest small amounts of BTC in other projects/ventures as well.

As long as people are using Bitcoin then the price will continue to increase. If nobody spends BTC then it will remain stagnant.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

brody

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:02:07 PM

I will not persuade anyone but take a look at the analysis of /www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/
Give a very clear message:-D
Long position in the BTC in the long term!
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

Well, the current price is a hell of a lot better than $1000 or $1200 -- and people were paying those prices not long ago. I think we will be over $1000 in the coming months, so I think it is a pretty good time to buy, yes.

Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

You can buy as much as you like, just don't sell when the price is lower than what you bought for, btc will eventually continue going up since it won't inflate and the curiousity and use of it is growing day by day. Smiley
Tron

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:30:27 PM

There are a few different ways you can think about it.

Buying bitcoin is like buying an ETF or index fund of all of the bitcoin companies that are being started by entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.  If the collective eco-system does well, then the price of bitcoin will rise.

OR

The collective wisdom of the crowd is currently valuing a bitcoin at ~$650 based on the best information that they have at the moment.  Information changes daily every few minutes, and the entry/exit cost for bitcoin is very low so new information, whether good or bad, will quickly adjust the value of bitcoin.

OR

Look at the charts and trends and buy when you think it is lower than it 'should be'.   This newsletter shows some analysis that implies the price is low at the moment.
https://panteracapital.com/bitflash/

Shameless plug: Whatever you decide, you should track the value with CoinCPA.

Oh, and don't invest more that you can afford to lose.

jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:00:16 PM

I would stay cool and not invest more than you can afford to be cut in half.  Also look into dollar cost averaging while you're making your investment.  BTC is so volatile right now you don't want to buy "all in" at one price as it could fly or drop just as easily.
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

Oh, and don't invest more that you can afford to lose.

This is very key. If you overextend yourself and invest too much, you will be very emotional about your position, and you may end up selling at the worst possible time as a result. Smiley

waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:06:08 PM

I believe current time is best for buying but as some already mentioning just don't jump into this use your mind and do all with carefully

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

I am bullish in the long run, but I think this uptrend is not going straight up to $1000 mark. I think we will see selling at around $800 and will bring us all the way back down to $650 again. Then there will be a strong drive all the way up. Buy whatever you can afford to loose, and hold them for at least six months.
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:20:31 PM

I am bullish in the long run, but I think this uptrend is not going straight up to $1000 mark. I think we will see selling at around $800 and will bring us all the way back down to $650 again. Then there will be a strong drive all the way up. Buy whatever you can afford to loose, and hold them for at least six months.

I agree, the rise to and above $1000 will be a rocky one, and there will be many taking profit and cutting losses on the way.

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

Brand new to the forum and fairly new to the world of btc.  Over the past several months, I've been purchasing as much btc as my budget will allow.  I know this is a terrible question....but Is the current price to high for me to continue purchasing?  I know there is no right answer and the future can not be predicted, but I am really just looking for your guy's opinions on whether I should hold off for now.

How much btc have you bought?

If you say like 3-5 i would tell you to wait a little and see how the price goes, but the reality is that i dont think it will go lower than this, so buy as many as you can afford to buy without risking money you need for something else.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:38:00 PM

This is the right time to buy if you aren't a trader, just hold them long term and they will increase in value year after year more.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:40:17 PM

This is the right time to buy if you aren't a trader, just hold them long term and they will increase in value year after year more.

Given bitcoin's history, it is basically always the right time to buy if you are not a trader. Unless you are skilled in technical/fundamental analysis to the point where you can confidently make good buy/sell targets,  buy and hold is the best, IMO.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:43:19 PM

Words of wisdom: Read the hundreds of other threads that have already been posted on this question before posting yet another one.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: