Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 08:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertise Bitcoin on every single banknote ( and make a new game ? )  (Read 17240 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:46:56 PM

Here's my main concern:  Without an incentive to write on bills, the only people who are going to do it are those who want to spread the word of bitcoin, and use their own bitcoins and time to do so.  That group of people isn't very large, and already has plenty of (potentially better) means of doing this (i.e., physical coins, etc).

So, offer an incentive to people who write on bills, and this project will take off.  Don't offer an incentive, and the project isn't going to go anywhere.  It's really as simple as that.  Most people are greedy enough that they don't want to spend time and their own money on donating towards this.  Subsidize the time of those people with those who DO want to donate, by offering incentives to the greedy ones using the donations of the generous ones.  And advertisements.
RSantana

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 08:45:38 PM

Can't help but mention that my site http://coinedbits.com/ is closely related to this idea. You buy a physical coin, pass it around, track where it goes on my website. It's a fun way to spread the bitcoin message to the world.

Check out the first physical bitcoin at http://CoinedBits.com
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 08:02:37 PM

Sorry for the necro but this thread has some really interesting ideas that I may eventually incorporate into Cryptobill.com.

Also:

Cryptobill.com is live!

Still around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: