Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertise Bitcoin on every single banknote ( and make a new game ? )  (Read 17231 times)
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:05:14 AM
Merited by F2b (2)

What do you think about writing on every single banknote that arrives on your hands something like:
- Bitcoin
- Bitcoin.org
- Bitcoin - Vires in Numeris

It's easy to do and it doesn't break the value of the banknote.
It will move from hand to hand, and many people will see the message.

You can do it during your free time, it takes few seconds.

I know that there was a website where people were tracking money movement ( I can't remember it )
It can become a new game ( someone has to make/develop it )

Example:
- You put a message about Bitcoin on the banknote.
- Then you take the number/code of this single banknote and you put it on the website ( than someone has developed )
- If someone found your banknote he will check it on the website, he will get Y points and you will get X points.

I hope that someone will find other rules to make this idea/game more interesting and enjoyable Cheesy

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:14:36 AM

• Create a new private key.
  • Send X BTC (where X is some small amount) to the key's address.
  • Print "bitcoin" + the key on the banknote.
  • Huh
  • Prophet!
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:16:59 AM

I would love this!

Will do this with or without the game, but a game would be awesome! Smiley

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:24:59 AM

@chrisrico
I don't know if there a good way to make easy to get bitcoin from this kind of game.
People will be able to get X bitcoin if they take Y points on the game, but there must be something to avoid cheaters.

Anyway, printing a private key on a banknote isn't easy, I mean that it take too much.
The game must be something really easy, that even a child can do.

Writing "bitcoin.org" on a banknote is something that everyone can do, even while he/she waiting for a bus ( example )
( even if taking the number of banknote need a bit more, there must be a mobile version of the website/service )

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:44:52 AM

Yeh! But just like Where's George, we'll need a marketable name. Give me a few days, and I'm sure I'll come up with one.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno's Gastrotruck)

Fake edit: Got it! Where's Satoshi? or, better yet --> Who's Satoshi?
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:57:43 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:15:55 AM by HostFat

Another example: http://www.trackdollarbills.com

Anyway, we need to find some rules so that people/players will be able to have a score.
Rules have to push players to write bitcoin messages on every single banknotes that they will have.
This will increase their possibilities to get points.
The good thing is that everyone will be able to play, even if they don't know anything about bitcoin or they simply don't care Smiley

Is there a developer that wants to create this project/game?
( it should be compatible with every single banknote on the planet ... )

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 01:06:30 AM

Anyway, we need to find some rules so that people/players will be able to have a score.
Rules have to push players to write bitcoin messages on every single banknotes that theywill found.
This will increase the possibilities to get points.

From what I can ascertain from reading the FAQ on Where's George's site, I'm willing to bet he'll sell his API for only a token amount, otherwise I don't see it as too big of a project to build from scratch. But then again, I'm not a programmer.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 01:16:11 AM

Rules have to push players to write bitcoin messages on every single banknotes that they will have.
This will increase their possibilities to get points.

( it should be compatible with every single banknote on the planet ... )

This is getting even better. We can use http://www.trackdollarbills.com site to develop this project.

Once you are a part of our website, you can chat in our forums in addition to tracking dollar bills.

You may also contribute by submitting ideas on how we can make this project more successful. Thinking of ways to promote our website would be a great contribution, aside from actually tracking your own bills. We value all of the suggestions of our members, and encourage everyone to join in the fun.

This is frickin' nuts! They already have a forum set up and nobody has ever used it--since 2009: http://www.trackdollarbills.com/forum/
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:12:37 AM

Pretty cool Smiley

If a game is not made, someone could simply make a quick website that sells stamps (like for ink pads). The stamp will say something like "Bitcoin is Happening" and it'd be small so it'd fit in the margin border of the bill. Anyone interested in promoting this viral phenomenon can order a stamp and join the legion.

BitcoinIsHappening.com is available...
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 11:35:15 AM

If a game is not made, someone could simply make a quick website that sells stamps (like for ink pads). The stamp will say something like "Bitcoin is Happening" and it'd be small so it'd fit in the margin border of the bill. Anyone interested in promoting this viral phenomenon can order a stamp and join the legion.
But this change everything about the idea.
The all game must be free and easy to do.

Ordering stamps, paying for it, putting on the banknote ... it doesn't work on this way :\

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:13:35 PM

WTF. Don't you guys get it? We already have our own "Where's George" game...

It's called BLOCKCHAIN!
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:19:39 PM

WTF. Don't you guys get it? We already have our own "Where's George" game...

It's called BLOCKCHAIN!
I think that you have missed the idea of the game Grin

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:04:32 PM

Pretty cool Smiley

QR Code would be awesome!  This is like an IRL bitcoin faucet.  All one would have to do is be directed to go to a special site (i like wheres satoshi!) and be presented with simple instructions on downloading a light client or mobile app like bitspinner. 
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:56:02 PM

Pretty cool Smiley

QR Code would be awesome!  This is like an IRL bitcoin faucet.  All one would have to do is be directed to go to a special site (i like wheres satoshi!) and be presented with simple instructions on downloading a light client or mobile app like bitspinner. 

How about..
-Make a stamp to stamp QR codes and/or urls on bills.
-Create priv keys from the bill's serial number (by sha256 etc)
-Transfer smallish amounts do dozens, hundreds of such stamped bills
-Website where the QR/url points to lets you directly enter the bill's serial number and the state you live in, lets you redeem the bitcoins and explains what this is all about

-Extra points for making this big and viral!

Ente
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 02:03:01 PM

Pretty cool Smiley

How about..
-Website where the QR/url points to lets you directly enter the bill's serial number and the state you live in, lets you redeem the bitcoins and explains what this is all about

Ente

Using the bills serial number is a _really_ good idea since it's unique. We'll need to make a simple website that hashes the serial number to a private key, and then spends the Bitcoins on the bill to a public address of choice.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
John Kirk

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 03:47:48 PM

How about..

This is an very cool idea!  Here are some rules for a potential game along these lines.

Rules for a BitCoin "BlockChain Letter" Game

Create a website and work it like "Feed-Ze-Birds".  People that are interested in promoting bitcoin can donate BTC to the website to "prime the pump".

1) Player obtains a dollar bill with a "Bitcoin Blockchain Letter" website address on it.

2) He goes to the website to see what it is all about.  If he is interested in playing, he logs in and specifies the serial # of the dollar bill that he encountered.

3) Player writes web site address on any number of dollar bills and notes the serial numbers of each.

4) Players then registers the serial numbers of the dollar bills he tagged, and provides a password for each. (The password can be the same for all of the bills he registers,but it doesn't have to be). The site remembers both the passwords and the serial numbers. Each dollar bill can be registered only once.

5) The combination of password + serial number is used to generate a public/private key bitcoin address, which the website provides to the player. So, only the site itself and the initial registree have the information necessary to obtain any bitcoins associated with that address.

6) Once per month, all BTC are collected from all registered addresses.  (This is to keep the bitcoins from being permanenly lost for no good reason).  These collected bitcoins, along with any new donations, are spread out evenly across all registered bills.

7) When a players finally "gets the point" of bitcoin, they are encouraged to donate 1 BTC to each of 10 bills further up the chain of registered bills.  This will indirectly "prime the pump" if they are not collected by the end of the month by the person that initially registered them.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 04:00:05 PM

@John Kirk
This is better! Cheesy

The best is avoiding stamping/printing on bills, because it takes too much time ... it has to be easy and done always and only by hands.
It's faster, it can be done everywhere and by everyone.

Rember also that this service/game must to be compatible with every banknotes on the planet and not only dollars Wink

goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:10:54 PM

Just writing "Satoshi Nakamoto" on lots of bank notes sounds like a great idea!

Just make sure to never let people in on the fact that you have anything to do with the marking of the banknote. That'll backfire 100%.

Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:25:05 PM

Just writing "Satoshi Nakamoto" on lots of bank notes sounds like a great idea!

Just make sure to never let people in on the fact that you have anything to do with the marking of the banknote. That'll backfire 100%.

I think it should be very clear this is about bitcoin. So at least put the word bitcoin in it. It's the perfect advertisement if every bitcoin enthousiast starts doing this.

Writing Satoshi Nakamoto on them would be nice for us geeks, but that's it.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 04:28:43 PM

@Koekiemonster
I agree Smiley

@goodlord666
It's true that it's better to NOT give these marked banknotes to friends that know about your interest on Bitcoin Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: