Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NexGen] Bitcoin India Meetup - NationWide  (Read 994 times)
highkart (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

The Bitcoin Store for India

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 05:32:34 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:27:56 PM by highkart

Dear Community Members,

We are proposing an Initiative to bring the whole Indian Crypto community members together, by planning out a combined meetup for everybody. The details for this meetup/conference are as follows:

Concept:
----------
- We will select initially 5-6 Major cities to conduct this event at a particular venue in each city & will add cities as we proceed
- All the venues will be connected using Video Conferencing Facility
- This Meetup/Conference will be available for:
      - General Meetup
      - New Business Initiatives / Launches
      - Open Source Initiatives
      - Roundtable for Enhancing community Participation
- Each Venue will be covered by Local/National PR Agencies
- A City will be eligible for meetup only if 100+ Individual RSVP for that city

Format:
----------
- Welcome
- Opening Comments by Any one prominent Speaker
- Business and Projects Presentations
- Roundtable
- Q n A Session
- Tea Party or Lunch Break
- Community Auction [@Suggestion from Subvolatil]

Sponsors:
----------
- We are talking with Google and Microsoft for Sponsoring the Event. Will come forward with confirmation very soon
- Each Business which want to present/launch can go for Sponsoring the Event
- Sponsorship benefits involves, Visibility & Product Presentation/Launch, 2 Round Table Seat
- Cost of Sponsorship will be based on number of cities
- All Locations are sponsored by Nexgen FMPL & Main Event Sponsor (Mostly a premium hotel in every city)
- All Financial implication and aspects will be governed in transparent manner, by a Committee of Senior Community members

Requirement:
---------------
To Make this happen, we need
- City wise Organizers
- Volunteers for Community Engagement
- Sponsors

Please Join us to take this initiative to next level

Fill the below form for us to plan it better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVIZDR4X19OTVVrTnByT1hBN1M1dEE6MA

To join the Meetup Group:
http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-India-Meetup/

For Any direct input and suggestion please PM or Mail @ admin@highkart.com or Call @ 09971955204

Regards,
Amit Kumar
Founder, HighKart.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:13:19 AM

Confirmed Cities:

- Delhi
- Mumbai

Please add other cities to the event....

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:46:03 AM

Confirmed Cities:

- Delhi
- Mumbai

Confirming our presence and contribution from Coinsecure, Bangalore.

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:06:47 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:27:29 PM by highkart

Confirmed Cities:

- Delhi
- Mumbai

Confirming our presence and contribution from Coinsecure, Bangalore.

Really Much Appreciated.

I hope people now started Joining In.

Also guys please note that, to pull sponsors, PR & Media & new community members, we have to show our current strength.

So I request everybody to please go ahead and fill the Google Form & join the meetup group. Its really important. Dont treat it casually.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVIZDR4X19OTVVrTnByT1hBN1M1dEE6MA

Regards,
Amit

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:02:28 AM

Hello Amit. Nice to see you are planning nationwide Bitcoin meetup. It is also great that you are leading multiple bitcoin based businesses in India. I would like to mention a point of caution in the euphoria.

At this moment the atmosphere surrounding Bitcoin in India is quite favourable in my opinion. Slowly India community is getting back the momentum of 2013 that we lost in the attacks in December/January. Maano ya na maano, those attacks were consequence of Global Bitcoin Conference.

I understand, meetups & conferences are required for a business promotion. But, probably, most of the Bitcoin businesses in India are still running on marginal operating profit. In this situation, it is not possible for them to take the load of litigation and all. So, please dont do anything in a hurry, that brings back the attack once again.

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

Hello Amit. Nice to see you are planning nationwide Bitcoin meetup. It is also great that you are leading multiple bitcoin based businesses in India. I would like to mention a point of caution in the euphoria.

At this moment the atmosphere surrounding Bitcoin in India is quite favourable in my opinion. Slowly India community is getting back the momentum of 2013 that we lost in the attacks in December/January. Maano ya na maano, those attacks were consequence of Global Bitcoin Conference.

I understand, meetups & conferences are required for a business promotion. But, probably, most of the Bitcoin businesses in India are still running on marginal operating profit. In this situation, it is not possible for them to take the load of litigation and all. So, please dont do anything in a hurry, that brings back the attack once again.

Hi,

I understand the concern and definitely will ensure that something like that wont happen again. But believe me when I say that we understand the concerns otherwise we wont be getting so openly into it as a business unit.

One more point which I want to highlight is, that if there is no community or businesses for the government to look at, they wont be able to come out with any regulation. So to ensure govt take some steps, we have to step up as a community and show what this technology is capable of and also by remaining in legal framework.

I do appreciate your point of view, but please try an bring us the necessary show of strength to showoff. Looking forward for your presence.

Regards,
Amit Kumar

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:02:42 PM

Hi,

I understand the concern and definitely will ensure that something like that wont happen again. But believe me when I say that we understand the concerns otherwise we wont be getting so openly into it as a business unit.

One more point which I want to highlight is, that if there is no community or businesses for the government to look at, they wont be able to come out with any regulation. So to ensure govt take some steps, we have to step up as a community and show what this technology is capable of and also by remaining in legal framework.

I do appreciate your point of view, but please try an bring us the necessary show of strength to showoff. Looking forward for your presence.

Regards,
Amit Kumar

I would highly recommend to defer the date. As I can see in the form, it is July. It is too early in my opinion. Please defer it to at least October. Moreover just 2 dates are not enough to cover all major cities where Bitcoiners have some strength, or I dont know if u want it to happen as a centralized manner.

Though u r saying, u'll ensure that something like that wont happen again, the matter of the fact is, it is beyond our capacity. Sathwik, Benson, Vishnu, Sunny or Mahin did not want the attacks to take place. But it did happen. Involvement of MS/Google is definitely great and I can see a bright light into it. But, try to get some Govt officials into confidence. If they feel, they are not welcome, but challenged, bad things may happen again and thereby paralyzing the future of Bitcoin in India for long run.

Take time, but move cautiously...

kittucrypt

Activity: 300
Merit: 253

Ok Check!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:18:04 PM

So is this event planned in a way that the meetups will take place in all cities on same day and time?

If so, what is any particular benefit of doing so? I believe it would be better to have such events on different dates in different cities. Easier to manage, more diversity in the content and crowd.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:44:29 PM

Maano ya na maano, those attacks were consequence of Global Bitcoin Conference.

Are you sure that no one had inquired about their business before 15/12?
Its posts like this that create words out of thin air like attacks.

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:29:59 PM

I will also add to what Benson pointed out rightly, the govt will always be there to ensure proper business ethics are followed. This doesn't call for bringing them up in negative light.

With this effort we are trying to get govt take a note of bitcoin as an effective technology and appreciate the community effort. With small meetups neither govt nor media take it into account.

We do understand it might not be huge success in first few efforts, but I assure you on behalf of some community members we will make us noticeable. And with time the mass will come along.

Its just a small step in a very long journey. Remember as a country we are almost nobody in global bicoin scene.

Appreciate everybody inputs but will be more happy if you can come out with initiative to support this movement.

Call me anytime if you guys have any concerns, will be happy to help.

Also @benson and other senior members, can we call for a prominent bitcoiner celebrity from outside as a lead speaker. Awaiting your suggestions

Regards,
Amit Kumar

Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:33:03 PM

Well the issue last time around was people trying to outdo each other with more and more outrageous claims. People claiming crores and crores of money without any basis, do raise an eyebrow and thats what happened.

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

Guys,

Humble request to please stick to the agenda of making this national meetup work.

Inputs and suggestions strictly related to topic awaiting.

Regards,
Amit

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:07:59 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:27:04 PM by highkart

Update:-

Finalized Details as of Now:

- Event Date: 12th July 2014

- City Currently Final
          - Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore...
          - Hyderabad, Kolkata [Under Consideration, Based on Response]

Add your suggestions / inputs for the event.

Also you can RSVP for the Event here:
http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-India-Meetup/events/188848902/

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:11:30 PM

Bump

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:16:08 PM

Bump

My 2 Satoshi's -

This cannot happen on the same day across cities or all effect will be lost. This has to first happen in Delhi and then pick up steam across other cities based on its success.
A dedicated organizing body has to be created to run and administer this effort. They have to be 2 steps ahead of the meetups and keep organizing venues and gather registrations.
You should look at outsourcing that bit to an organization that does conferences as a business. There are several around. You should check out knowledgefaber - They have a good banking network and have featured Bitcoin few years ago.
Else, this is going to be an utter disaster.

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:23:07 PM

Bump

My 2 Satoshi's -

This cannot happen on the same day across cities or all effect will be lost. This has to first happen in Delhi and then pick up steam across other cities based on its success.
A dedicated organizing body has to be created to run and administer this effort. They have to be 2 steps ahead of the meetups and keep organizing venues and gather registrations.
You should look at outsourcing that bit to an organization that does conferences as a business. There are several around. You should check out knowledgefaber - They have a good banking network and have featured Bitcoin few years ago.

Thanks for inputs. We are already planning this with a dedicated national level PR agency to handle the operational stuff. From our end we are managing to bring in as much as Bitcoin community member possible to interact.

However will try and reach knowledgefaber and make sure they get involved at certain level.

Seeing the current low response, it seems that we dont have any community in India or everybody is interested in their personal agendas and dont want community to grow up, except a few senior members.

It will be very helpful if community members can start interacting on this thread and provide there much needed inputs to make it successful.

More and more involvement will be deeply appreciated. Also volunteer efforts will be recognized across the national level meetup and community.

Join us:

Regards,
Amit

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:28:43 PM

Bump

My 2 Satoshi's -

Thanks for inputs. We are already planning this with a dedicated national level PR agency to handle the operational stuff. From our end we are managing to bring in as much as Bitcoin community member possible to interact.

However will try and reach knowledgefaber and make sure they get involved at certain level.

Seeing the current low response, it seems that we dont have any community in India or everybody is interested in their personal agendas and dont want community to grow up, except a few senior members.

It will be very helpful if community members can start interacting on this thread and provide there much needed inputs to make it successful.

More and more involvement will be deeply appreciated. Also volunteer efforts will be recognized across the national level meetup and community.

Join us:

Regards,
Amit

As I said, start with 1 city and make it a big event over there.
Then we will see engagement from more people.
Not every Bitcoiner in India is on the forums and I cannot see this discussion anywhere else, so how can anyone be expected to jump onboard?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: