Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:48:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 15-Year-Old Makes $100,000 on Bitcoin  (Read 8542 times)
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:09:20 PM

It would of been a bit better if he actually earned the first $1000. He took a gamble with the money his grama gave him and he got lucky. Nothing really to be impressed about. You wouldn't be impressed if Dank gambled some money that he borrowed and won enough to pay back the loan and buy a mansion with 150 bathrooms. There isn't much difference. I'm not really that impressed.

The site isn't that great and paying instructors to teach people will cost a lot more than hes expecting. He is 15 years old and hasn't got a degree etc so people would be less likely to want to be taught by him. Also this type of site has been done by experts so he has a lot of competition and only a 100k investment.....very difficult.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
cryptocait

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:18:02 AM

15 years old thats awesome for him.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:23:41 AM

It would of been a bit better if he actually earned the first $1000. He took a gamble with the money his grama gave him and he got lucky. Nothing really to be impressed about. You wouldn't be impressed if Dank gambled some money that he borrowed and won enough to pay back the loan and buy a mansion with 150 bathrooms. There isn't much difference. I'm not really that impressed.

The site isn't that great and paying instructors to teach people will cost a lot more than hes expecting. He is 15 years old and hasn't got a degree etc so people would be less likely to want to be taught by him. Also this type of site has been done by experts so he has a lot of competition and only a 100k investment.....very difficult.

He invested the money in a high risk/high return investment which shows that he was willing to postpone gratification and sacrifice the present for the future which is very rare for any of us; most people get what they can in the present and don't plan too much for the future because they lack the skill to sacrifice the present to enjoy more in the future

firstblood

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:43:58 AM

Will there really be such a high value, I am looking forward to

tidda

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

I love the deal he made with his parents, if he makes 1 million before 18 he doesn't have to go to college.

"Sorry son, your business is only worth $818,000 at last valuation. Off to school with you."
"But DAAAAD....
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:12:25 PM

He invested the money in a high risk/high return investment which shows that he was willing to postpone gratification and sacrifice the present for the future which is very rare for any of us; most people get what they can in the present and don't plan too much for the future because they lack the skill to sacrifice the present to enjoy more in the future
I wouldn't say that his investment was high risk/high return. I would say that he put money in something that he likely did not understand and happened to make it big.
Jubettarr

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:14:14 PM

I love the deal he made with his parents, if he makes 1 million before 18 he doesn't have to go to college.

He should apply for a Thiel fellowship and if he wins use that as his excuse to skip college. Seriously, there are only something like 500 applicants, and from what I have seen so far from my interactions with them a large contingent of them are VERY interested in cryptocurrency.
Standup4

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:52:54 PM

TBH not sure how far $100k will go to pay developers to maintain and add features to a site like this, if that's his bankroll he needs to be making money pretty quick off the bat.

I don't know what world you live in but things costs on the Internet are nothing compared to offline businesses. I would be comfortable launching this business with well under $10,000 and so would many others. You do not need $100,000 to start a business online.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:17:06 AM

how lucky him, make 100x profit from bitcoin's increasing price
really envy with early adopters of bitcoin Sad

Don't be envious. Get off your ass and help build the network like he did. No work = No reward
I wouldn't say that he so much help build the network, but rather bought when the price was low. Him buying coins did not help secure the network in any way.
Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:59:40 AM

He took the time to learn and study bitcoin. Most people will just brush it off in the early days and called it a scam.

And he has the balls to invest in something he know and he has a vision to see the potential of bitcoin. He also has an exit strategy and know what to do with his profit.

Most of the late comers on this forum. Do they have the balls, vision and exit strategy?
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:18:49 AM

Wow, great story. Good for him.

CoolBliss

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:36:50 AM

He should apply for a Thiel fellowship and if he wins use that as his excuse to skip college. Seriously, there are only something like 500 applicants, and from what I have seen so far from my interactions with them a large contingent of them are VERY interested in cryptocurrency.
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:53:15 AM

TBH not sure how far $100k will go to pay developers to maintain and add features to a site like this, if that's his bankroll he needs to be making money pretty quick off the bat.

I don't know what world you live in but things costs on the Internet are nothing compared to offline businesses. I would be comfortable launching this business with well under $10,000 and so would many others. You do not need $100,000 to start a business online.

That's true when at least one of the founders is a developers. Otherwise, you need to hire them (which the kid did), and that's not cheap.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:04:54 AM

No but if you are in a first world country, you want talents, an office and staff you will need 50,000$ + to start

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: