Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble setting up solo mining with bitcoinqt and bfgminer.  (Read 677 times)
chessnut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:17:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to set up solo mining (just interested in learning how to hook up to the network) using bitcoinqt and bfgminer as advised, but I cant seem to quite get there even after searching all over the internet. I have successfully installed bitcoinqt and bfgminer, and I am pool mining with btcguild.

I have made a bitcoin.conf file with the following in it and put it in the home/.bitcoin folder.

rpcuser=bitcoinqt
rpcpassword=123
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332
server=1
gen=1
rpcssl=1

However, I have no idea if bitcoinqt is running as a server when I open it...?

When I try to run bfgminer in the terminal and enter the url - http://localhost:8332, username and password, it tells me "pool set up failed", also without asking me for a bitcoin address to direct mined bitcoins to.

I must be doing something obvious wrong, but I just cant figure it out. I would be very grateful if somebody could point out what Im doing wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Versatile

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:27:28 PM

the url you are using to connect to the pool that must be working and workers username and passwords must be registered on the same pool
as you are using btcguild then you must enter this stratum.btcguild.com:3333 as your stratum so your username and password can connect your miner on btcguild pool to start mining. so the mistake you are making is replace your localhost and port with this and try again it will start working the method which you have read to start ming is for eligius i think well try this and i hope it will be working.
ping me on skype if you any questions x.c0der
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: