Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:35:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working in USA  (Read 3587 times)
Rigon (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

I am about to finish a masters degree in business administration from UK and thinking to work in USA? Can anybody guide me right to the current employment conditions in the country? Few years back, companies in the country were laying off employees.. Is that still continuing ?
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:54:08 PM

I think if you have a masters in business administration, why not represent a UK company to work in other countries as an ex-pat?
You would get more money to spend due to your high pay and the great exchange rate in developing countries such as Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia or Indonesia and be able to experience their exotic cultures and their unique way of life as well! It is a step worth trying instead of competing with all the professionals in developed countries imo.  Life is an adventure!

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:58:17 PM

The employment situation in US right now is actually worse than 2008 during the financial crisis.

If you have experience, then maybe you can get into a good company. If not, you will most likely better off elsewhere as the cost of living in US is usually higher than the rest of the world.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:39:16 PM

I am about to finish a masters degree in business administration from UK and thinking to work in USA? Can anybody guide me right to the current employment conditions in the country? Few years back, companies in the country were laying off employees.. Is that still continuing ?
Firstly, why do you want to move out of UK... If there are no specific reasons, why don't you consider getting yourself a job in UK only.. There are oodles of multinational companies in the country offering great opportunities with attractive remunerations.. Give it a thought..

trace666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

it will be hard for you to get a visa without a job and a job without a visa.
unfortunately, the amount of visas issued annually is capped.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:00:17 PM

I would like to work in U.K. , and I'm from USA , working here for 5 years now in bag production company ,I can tell you form my perspective , if you are good worker and hard working you are going to get payed in any country with your degree
Standard is pretty much same I would say maybe better in U.K but think twice before u make decision .....

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:22:33 PM

Firstly, why do you want to move out of UK... If there are no specific reasons, why don't you consider getting yourself a job in UK only.. There are oodles of multinational companies in the country offering great opportunities with attractive remunerations.. Give it a thought..
Your  right. UK is a good place to work at.

However, if you're still interested in working in the US, there's good news! Unemployment rate has been at an all time low since 2008 due to the government's efforts.

It has dropped to 6.3% in April 2014 from about a whopping 10% in October 2009.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
wenben

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:41:28 PM

However, if you're still interested in working in the US, there's good news! Unemployment rate has been at an all time low since 2008 due to the government's efforts.

Not sure if this is sarcasm.

Government has been rigging the employment figure for a while.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

Hmm, the opportunity in the business world in the USA is huge, not sure about the UK though.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:32:26 PM

Hmm, the opportunity in the business world in the USA is huge, not sure about the UK though.

Not really true anymore.

Getting every license needed to start a business isn't easy. Insurance, health and labor law compliance also mean the cost is prohibitively high for anyone trying to start a business.

am

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:36:17 PM

Holding a masters degree will help but realistically, you're best route is to work for a US based multinational company and get them to sponsor a visa in the US for you. The other way is to do a masters degree in the US but unless you want to do another master i.e an MBA, that route is closed to you.

Alternatively, you could start a company in the UK and open an office (i.e invest) in the US - there are specific investor visa's available though the capital you need to invest would be significant.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

Not really rigging the stats, just the unemployment census does not count people that have been unemployed for over 24 months. You are correct, if they counted the long term unemployed with the unemployment stats the numbers would be significantly higher.
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:27:43 PM

china has jobs
go there

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:51:38 PM

Not really rigging the stats, just the unemployment census does not count people that have been unemployed for over 24 months. You are correct, if they counted the long term unemployed with the unemployment stats the numbers would be significantly higher.

All the government need to do is to discourage people from finding a job. That will bring down the unemployment figure and good for election.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:26:53 AM

All the government need to do is to discourage people from finding a job. That will bring down the unemployment figure and good for election.

You mean like giving them free money to sit their asses? We are very good at that.   Angry

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

it will be hard for you to get a visa without a job and a job without a visa.
unfortunately, the amount of visas issued annually is capped.
It is extremely difficult...but then it is also extremely difficult for Americans to be able to live and work in any European country too. EVERYBODY in the whole world seems to want to live and work and/or immigrate to the U.S. Sooooo many people violate their tourist or work visas and overstay...this includes Europeans and others, not just Mexicans and Central Americans. This is why getting that visa is so difficult. The ONLY way you can work in the U.S. without immigrating ( a real long shot), is to get a contract with an employer who will sponsor your work visa. This means you need to be a highly educated professional...but the same is true for Americans wanting to work in a foreign country. All countries want to protect their job markets for their own citizens.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:02:38 PM

Thanks to all for your opinion.. I guess you are absolutely right... If one is talented and can showcase his skills, he is sure to be rewarded... But, I don't agree with you on the saying that standard is pretty much same all over... I guess standards are completely different in different countries..
Some countries you get appreciation too quickly especially in places where there is a shortage of labor and places where there's enough supply, it is really tough to walk up the ladder...
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:08:21 PM

The employment situation in US right now is actually worse than 2008 during the financial crisis.

If you have experience, then maybe you can get into a good company. If not, you will most likely better off elsewhere as the cost of living in US is usually higher than the rest of the world.
Yes,your right ,I recently contacted an employment agency in the USA about obtaining work in the legal field. They told me straight that this is the worst time to relocate to the USA as a legal advisor because the job market is extremely bad. They told me that companies are hiring US nationals first so I have almost zero chance of getting a job.
A second employment agency told me the same thing. So my desire to work in the USA has dwindled..unless I don't mind becoming a maid??
Another sad fact of this world is that it is about who you know and not what you know. The most skilled and educated professionals can be sidelined because the other job applicant "networked" really hard. I am finding this out the hard way

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:29:08 PM

Thanks to all for your opinion.. I guess you are absolutely right... If one is talented and can showcase his skills, he is sure to be rewarded... But, I don't agree with you on the saying that standard is pretty much same all over... I guess standards are completely different in different countries..
Some countries you get appreciation too quickly especially in places where there is a shortage of labor and places where there's enough supply, it is really tough to walk up the ladder...
Here is a link to the current unemployment status in USA - http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-s...yment-rate

Please go through it and interpret it correctly ..
I would like to point out that that unemployment rate has gone down from 6.70% to 6.30%, but then this is a very insignificant difference and it is possibly due to other factors such as less immigrants, people overseas for work, etc.

Rigon (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:34:09 PM

Here is a link to the current unemployment status in USA - http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-s...yment-rate

Please go through it and interpret it correctly ..
I would like to point out that that unemployment rate has gone down from 6.70% to 6.30%, but then this is a very insignificant difference and it is possibly due to other factors such as less immigrants, people overseas for work, etc.
Thanks for sharing the link mate.. I did go through it and concluded that the unemployment rate in America is same, 0.4% difference isn't that significant at all.. But do you have any clue about the cause behind this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: