Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working in USA  (Read 3584 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:16:18 PM

Thanks to all for your opinion.. I guess you are absolutely right... If one is talented and can showcase his skills, he is sure to be rewarded... But, I don't agree with you on the saying that standard is pretty much same all over... I guess standards are completely different in different countries..
Some countries you get appreciation too quickly especially in places where there is a shortage of labor and places where there's enough supply, it is really tough to walk up the ladder...
In UK there is a lot of opportunity and also if you will see the unemployment rate of US and UK, there is not a big difference. In US, unemployment rate is 6.3% and in UK its 6.8%. So on this basis also no one will suggest you to go to US for job without any reason.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

I think we should take different exposures and learning from everywhere. So if people had some experience in UK and now want to take some more exposure or want to work in different work culture then of-course US is the best place(even in the money perspective).

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:27:24 PM

Thanks to all for your opinion.. I guess you are absolutely right... If one is talented and can showcase his skills, he is sure to be rewarded... But, I don't agree with you on the saying that standard is pretty much same all over... I guess standards are completely different in different countries..
Some countries you get appreciation too quickly especially in places where there is a shortage of labor and places where there's enough supply, it is really tough to walk up the ladder...
Here is a link to the current unemployment status in USA - http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-s...yment-rate

Please go through it and interpret it correctly ..
I would like to point out that that unemployment rate has gone down from 6.70% to 6.30%, but then this is a very insignificant difference and it is possibly due to other factors such as less immigrants, people overseas for work, etc.
Thanks for sharing the link mate.. I did go through it and concluded that the unemployment rate in America is same, 0.4% difference isn't that significant at all.. But do you have any clue about the cause behind this?
Well, rigon, there are dozens of causes behind this and a combination of many factors.. And it is just not that the factors pertain only to America, they actually are global..
It in fact started off in 2008 with the global economic crisis and around nine million jobs were lost at a go.. Thereafter, many domestic factors came into play, like education and training, industrial consolidation, labor unions, income inequality, technology improvements, etc..

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:35:41 PM

In UK there is a lot of opportunity and also if you will see the unemployment rate of US and UK, there is not a big difference. In US, unemployment rate is 6.3% and in UK its 6.8%. So on this basis also no one will suggest you to go to US for job without any reason.
The job market is extremely bad in the USA. With the different emerging economies, there is a demand of skilled labor in countries like Brazil, various African countries. However, many people want the comforts of working in the USA. It really depends on which field you are in.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:22:08 PM

The job market is extremely bad in the USA. With the different emerging economies, there is a demand of skilled labor in countries like Brazil, various African countries. However, many people want the comforts of working in the USA. It really depends on which field you are in.

The cost of labor is getting too high in the US.

There isn't really anything US can produce that the rest of the world can't do it at cheaper cost.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

The employment situation in US right now is actually worse than 2008 during the financial crisis.

If you have experience, then maybe you can get into a good company. If not, you will most likely better off elsewhere as the cost of living in US is usually higher than the rest of the world.
Laying off point of view is not correct this time to judge any country for work. If we'll talk about USA then it has multiple options to grow.
I agree at time of recession 2008, it was not a good decision to migrate in USA for work but now a days everything is stabilized and better opportunities are awaited.

ShakyhandsBTCer

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

The cost of labor is getting too high in the US.

There isn't really anything US can produce that the rest of the world can't do it at cheaper cost.

The cost of labor in the US is not as much of an issue for people who have advanced degrees (like the OP). If the OP's degree is something math, science or business related then the job market in the US is not horrible, although he may have difficulty getting a work visa.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:56:01 PM

A friend which live in the west coast in USA told me that there isn't any problem to find a work, but at the same time there is some risk to lose it, because there aren't many association that protect employee.

So, If you want an advice, try to travel in China and then ask a work over there Wink

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
nwfella
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:05:16 PM

Unemployment rate in the US currently at 6.3%?  Sure, if you wanna believe what Fox News is telling you.  If you've got the skills it's not hard to find a decent job in the states.  However, as I believe somebody mentioned earlier the trick is finding something stable.  This new obamacare situation is literally forcing dozens of small business into either:
1.) bankruptcy
or
2.) at the very least serious cost cutting measures to comply with new obamacare rules.

In summary, your probably better off staying where your at.  But best of luck to you in any case.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:11:26 AM

Unemployment rate in the US currently at 6.3%?  Sure, if you wanna believe what Fox News is telling you.  If you've got the skills it's not hard to find a decent job in the states.  However, as I believe somebody mentioned earlier the trick is finding something stable.  This new obamacare situation is literally forcing dozens of small business into either:
1.) bankruptcy
or
2.) at the very least serious cost cutting measures to comply with new obamacare rules.

In summary, your probably better off staying where your at.  But best of luck to you in any case.

The real unemployment rate is much higher then what the DOL reports as many people have resorted to working part time, at a job they are overqualified for, or have dropped out of the workforce entirely.
giantdragon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:46:39 AM

Look at labor force participation rate instead of unemployment rate, it is getting worse in the US each year.
Think twice (better thrice) before moving to this country!
bellgarath1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:41:07 AM

I am about to finish a masters degree in business administration from UK and thinking to work in USA? Can anybody guide me right to the current employment conditions in the country? Few years back, companies in the country were laying off employees.. Is that still continuing ?

We are dealing with a lot of every slow growth over here.
So not sure where to direct you to look.   

Best of luck too you!

Jerry
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

Look at labor force participation rate instead of unemployment rate, it is getting worse in the US each year.
Think twice (better thrice) before moving to this country!

And watch out the anti foreigner sentiment on the rise.

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

A friend which live in the west coast in USA told me that there isn't any problem to find a work, but at the same time there is some risk to lose it, because there aren't many association that protect employee.

So, If you want an advice, try to travel in China and then ask a work over there Wink

Silicon valley is apparently where it's at with jobs in Cali or on the west coast. I don't honestly know for sure I've been to Cali once and it wasn't up towards that area. But in any other place in the US it's difficult to find a job, plain and simple. Right now I currently live in an area that's population is probably less than 1000 I want to say? Maybe a teeny bit more, and even the local Walmart's isn't hiring. I think you would have to KNOW that you are going to have job prospects in the US before you even attempt to jump the pond.

And here I was thinking I want to move to the UK, but according to a few pals I have from there they are having a tough time finding jobs.

What else could I say?
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:09:54 PM

May I ask, why don't you work in UK ?

I had two chances to work abroad, one is US and the other in UK, and I chose UK !!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:51:47 PM

If you are going to work in US then you should well aware of Work Culture in USA, their Working Hours, Lunch time, Meetings etc. It depend on the company and your role in the organization.

Rigon (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:58:33 PM

May I ask, why don't you work in UK ?

I had two chances to work abroad, one is US and the other in UK, and I chose UK !!
UK ,for me doesn't offer the opportunities that I can find it in USA,plus i want to live outside my country for a few years .
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 09:03:27 PM

The recent decrease in unemployment rate is masking people leaving the work force and not applying for jobs anymore and new jobs being low skilled low paid part time jobs

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

The recent decrease in unemployment rate is masking people leaving the work force and not applying for jobs anymore and new jobs being low skilled low paid part time jobs
If you're looking for the jobs that'll REALLY be a kicker in America, it's anything that's low-priced, or a daily necessity.

There will be lots of Walmarts and McDonald's openings, as people buying said products is very common, and thus the companies can expand their operations rapidly.

Daily jobs, however, are anything from plumbers to electricians to guys who can do anything other people don't want to do.

I know people that do said jobs, and they get quite a nice salary from the demand for simple things.

But I'm not sure how long that will stay for, it all depends on supply and demand.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:32:50 AM

If you are going to work in US then you should well aware of Work Culture in USA, their Working Hours, Lunch time, Meetings etc. It depend on the company and your role in the organization.

All of this is much more relaxed then most of the rest of the world.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: