Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 04:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17765 times)
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:57:31 AM

Name another coin that has inspired the creation of hundreds of millions of dollars of investment in custom built mining hardware, that is made to support only LTC?

dude you sound really pathetic.  It's embarrassing.  We're applauding ASICs for LTC now?

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:00:17 AM

Name another coin that has inspired the creation of hundreds of millions of dollars of investment in custom built mining hardware, that is made to support only LTC?

dude you sound really pathetic.  It's embarrassing.  We're applauding ASICs for LTC now?

-bm

Huh

This doesn't make sense.  You lost so you resorted to getting personal.

I'm sure you thought ASICs were great for BTC.  It means a coin has reached acceptance and maturity is coming.  It is sign of huge faith.  But why am I having to state the obvious?

Not going to respond anymore if you are just going to get personal and troll.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:00:49 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

buttersX

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:02:10 AM

BTW it seems people are at complete opposite ends here:

-People against LTC look at its lack of uniqueness and wonder how LTC isn't declining against other more unique (and possibly useful) alts. The threat of ASICs invading LTC is already here and people against LTC see that as a bad thing.

-People for LTC believe ASIC adoption will lead to a stronger network, which will lead to more merchants accepting it, and see LTC increasing.

We shall see which is right in a couple of months or so.

I think you're right.

Personally, I'm with the latter position and think ASIC adoption is a great thing for the security of the Litecoin network.  If I were a merchant, I wouldn't want to accept a cryptocurrency that isn't reliable, is subject to double-spends, and whose devs may disappear overnight.  There's plenty of other alts for that.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:02:19 AM

This hardware was made only because there's no way the ASIC companies could lose money, because all of the equipment they make is sold before they are even ready to ship it. It was not made because they believed in the long-term success of LTC.

By the way, last time I checked, there were dozens of scrypt coins apart from LTC, and Dogecoin still has almost about 55 gh/s pointed to it.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

there is absolutely no way it can skyrocket.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

I guess I dont mean him any offense, it's just really pathetic to read this.

-bm

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:05:04 AM

This hardware was made only because there's no way the ASIC could lose money, because all of the equipment they make is sold before they are even ready to ship it. It was not made because they believed in the long-term success of LTC.

By the way, last time I checked, there were dozens of scrypt coins apart from LTC, and Dogecoin still has almost about 55 gh/s pointed to it.

you seem to be unaware that LTC was built on the premise that it is impossible to commodify(ie. make ASICs for) LTC.

-bm

peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

This hardware was made only because there's no way the ASIC could lose money, because all of the equipment they make is sold before they are even ready to ship it. It was not made because they believed in the long-term success of LTC.

you seem to be unaware that LTC was built on the premise that it is impossible to commodify(ie. make ASICs for) LTC.

-bm

No it was built as resistant to GPUs.

It was originally CPU preferred.

In 2011 no one was thinking of ASIC resistance, no one mentioned it.  Shows you were not there.

It was discussed whether or not to allow GPU mining or hardfork the coin after smart people began to develop GPU mining optimizations, the consensus was to never fork the coin.

LTC has succeeded in being resistant.  It was never called GPU and ASIC proof.

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

well it's entire value- it's raison d'être is that it cannot be commodified.  Now it's fully commodified and you attempt to pronounce that this is a wonderful new development!

it's hilarious.

-bm

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

there is absolutely no way it can skyrocket.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

I guess I dont mean him any offense, it's just really pathetic to read this.

-bm

as luck would have it, your opinion pretty much doesn't matter, the miners, the traders/investors, and the retail adopters will decide ltc position and too this point compared to other alts it seems pretty consistently strong.

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:15:30 AM

my opinion matters to those who know I've been a consistently correct and non-biased commentator on all things crypto.

-bm

peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:16:30 AM

well it's entire value- it's raison d'être is that it cannot be commodified.  Now it's fully commodified and you attempt to pronounce that this is a wonderful new development!

it's hilarious.

-bm

You obviously weren't there.  Nothing else I can say.

Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:17:24 AM

I'd like to point out that peacefulmind is flatout lying about Litecoin being "the fairest launch in history". Not close.  

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

Litecoin created ~440,000 coins in about 8 hours from the moment coins were being created, clearly an instamine.

however, this was 3 years ago and we are at 29,200,000 LTCs in existence. The effective instamine was 450,000/29,200,000 = 1.5% more or less.

Even though this didn't necessarily go to developers, it was a rather "meh" start to pump out that many coins in 1/3 of a day.

In May of 2013, there were 17.49 million LTC in existence. This makes the effective instamine of 2.5 %

The further back, the worse the instamine.

Litecoin is lucky that it has enough space between it's launch and today to be able to sweep that start under the rug by saying it doesn't matter now . Calling it the fairest launch in history is a bunch of bullshit.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:17:34 AM

-bm

In 2011 no one was thinking of ASIC resistance, no one mentioned it.  Shows you were not there.

It was discussed whether or not to allow GPU mining or hardfork the coin after smart people began to develop GPU mining optimizations, the consensus was to never fork the coin.

and ltc gpu resistance wasn't even it's hugest marketing point, ltc developer cobee researched where other alts went wrong (such as premine) and tried to improve on these things.....also slight improvements over btc, using both I'd agree.
peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:17:56 AM

my opinion matters to those who know I've been a consistently correct and non-biased commentator on all things crypto.

-bm

He's very important.  Take note!!

I will admit I could be wrong, but many smart companies agree with me about LTC.  Apparently the market also.

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:18:59 AM

it's hilarious.

-bm

You obviously weren't there.  Nothing else I can say.

Im not really interested in what you guys concluded from your late night forum threads.  LTC has nothing over BTC at this point, it will be, at best, a less useful BTC- now how does that translate to market cap?

-bm

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:20:30 AM

and ltc gpu resistance wasn't even it's hugest marketing point, ltc developer cobee researched where other alts went wrong (such as premine) and tried to improve on these things.....also slight improvements over btc, using both I'd agree.

obviously youre both LTC devotees, casual readers(and investors) take note.

-bm

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

Litecoin is lucky that it has enough space between it's launch and today to be able to sweep that start under the rug by saying it doesn't matter now. Calling it the fairest launch in history is a bunch of bullshit.

been traded long enough and any instamine was at the time had very little value that this doesn't need any sweeping under the table, its kinda irrelevant.

(still waiting for a small group of people mined with gpu before anyone's big story  Roll Eyes which is where these threads normally head).
peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:21:18 AM

-bm

Exactly, the other reason is integrity.

It had the fairest launch I have ever seen and the devs are on the record as incorruptible.

When Feathercoin founder tried to bribe Warren - he said no.

Sunny King was happy to take the bribe. Wink

Litecoin = fairness, integrity, no-premine, no mysterious invisible creator hiding in the shadows...  the mining countdown went on for weeks.

Integrity still does mean something.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:21:40 AM

obviously youre both LTC devotees, casual readers(and investors) take note.

-bm

you could read the ltc historic threads/own forum and u'd see few have trolled it more then I Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: