Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17740 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:00:47 AM

Litecoin is lucky that it has enough space between it's launch and today to be able to sweep that start under the rug by saying it doesn't matter now . Calling it the fairest launch in history is a bunch of bullshit.

Are you trying to say that you missed the lunch

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:05:46 AM

BTW, the exchange to watch is BTC-e, it tends to have the largest litecoin volume.

Right now, the main point to watch is if LTC drops to .0170000.

LTCers will probably set up new buy walls at technically positioned points below this, but a 38 BTC buy wall that falls is significant.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:32:36 AM

BTW, the exchange to watch is BTC-e, it tends to have the largest litecoin volume.

Right now, the main point to watch is if LTC drops to .0170000.

LTCers will probably set up new buy walls at technically positioned points below this, but a 38 BTC buy wall that falls is significant.

You do realize like a 100k LTC buy order was recently (past week or so) sold into on BTC-e at 171... that's significant.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:37:21 AM

damn. no i did not know that happened. that is indeed way more significant. .017 looks less sturdy now.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:45:06 AM

damn. no i did not know that happened. that is indeed way more significant. .017 looks less sturdy now.

Yeah, it took about a week to go thru the 100k LTC buy wall, 2k LTC will take a few hours. It's all a slow free fall from here to 0.01, there it can stay for while. LTC had its glory days, but not these days for sure.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:23:20 AM

litcoins not in freefall, simply btc has rallied against fiat, litcoins held its ground against fiat.
Last time btc major rally ltc did go properly backwards at first, then went to new highs (and then some) against fiat. Ltc's doing better against btc atm then that rally so its actually looking good.

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:45:57 AM

maybe because you can buy real things with it?  It is years old, trusted, established and liquid?

Litecoin is the #2 accepted coin by merchants - www.eGifter.com accepts LTC as one example of thousands.

It is the only coin other than Bitcoin to have specialized hardware purpose manufactured to support its own network.

So much money has been invested into the LTC ecosystem now it is not going anywhere.  ASICs are a long run strength, not a weakness.  If you think your old AMD cards determines the future of crypto you are self-deluded kid.  This is a seminal achievement, also because sCrypt ASICs are much more expensive to produce than BTC ones were.

Few other reasons:

Charlie Lee.

Warren Togami.

Coinbase - Charlie is now assistant chief of engineering with seven direct reports to him.  He has stated in IRC he will have Coinbase accepting IRC or he will quit.  He said he did not expect to quit. Smiley

The fairest launch of any coin including Bitcoin.

The Litecoin Association just got legal 501c status and will be accepting board members from industry to form a major trade group.

There are so many more I am not going to list them all.

This thread is the wet dream of everyone who owns a shitcoin.  NXT will definitely have its place, but LTC is not going anywhere.  DRK will be made illegal.  DOGE is technically flawed and will be 51% attacked by a huge ASIC farm.

all I see in this thread is a bunch of bag holders who think the shit coin they hold will overtake Litecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:48:56 AM

litcoins not in freefall, simply btc has rallied against fiat, litcoins held its ground against fiat.
Last time btc major rally ltc did go properly backwards at first, then went to new highs (and then some) against fiat. Ltc's doing better against btc atm then that rally so its actually looking good.

What do you think will happen when Litecoin keeps holding ground against fiat at the $10-11 range and other 1-2-3 alts will keep rising against fiat? Many people are into cryptos not just to keep their fiat in, but for profit. Where is the profit if an alt is selling at the same fiat price for a long time?
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:50:51 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

there is absolutely no way it can skyrocket.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

I guess I dont mean him any offense, it's just really pathetic to read this.

-bm

LOL I just bookmarked this , bluemeanie1 will look like the biggest fool once I bump this thread in a few months from now after Litecoin is on Coinbase and the rewards halved.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:04:22 AM

Litecoin is one of the longest running scams in the cryptocurrency world. Very much look forward to keeping an eye on it's gradual & inevitable demise

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:12:06 AM

Litecoin is one of the longest running scams in the cryptocurrency world. Very much look forward to keeping an eye on it's gradual & inevitable demise

yes only runnerup to btc there too Wink

I've said it a million times only one thing good has ever come out of cryptos and thats the idea.
devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:12:35 AM

It is not a scam, it's just a copy-cat. Some copy-cats can be successful, I actually think Dogecoin will outrun Litecoin, because it brings something new compared to Bitcoin.

Dogecoin has a small technical innovation in the code that changes economic perception of the currency (large coin base and small infinite inflation allows for easier spending and faster circulation = adoption) + fun meme appealing to teens who are most active in the social networks = marketing.

Litecoin doesn't change economic parameters or perception compared to Bitcoin, thus Litecoin becomes redundant.

There are other potentially successful copy-cats, like Myriadcoin, because it also brings some innovation in the aspect of network security and resistance to 51% attacks.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:13:49 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

-bm

LOL I just bookmarked this , bluemeanie1 will look like the biggest fool once I bump this thread in a few months from now after Litecoin is on Coinbase and the rewards halved.

yes laughable was the 101 different threads claiming the demise of litcoin just days before its biggest and strongest ever rally  Roll Eyes history repeats itself.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:15:20 AM

I actually think Dogecoin will outrun Litecoin

I'm guessin you failed not only basic economics but also simple math at school then.
devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:17:49 AM

I actually think Dogecoin will outrun Litecoin

I'm guessin you failed not only basic economics but also simple math at school then.

Rest assured, since school I've learned a thing or two on how economy works in real life, not in books.
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:26:19 AM

It is not a scam, it's just a copy-cat. Some copy-cats can be successful, I actually think Dogecoin will outrun Litecoin, because it brings something new compared to Bitcoin.

Dogecoin has a small technical innovation in the code that changes economic perception of the currency (large coin base and small infinite inflation allows for easier spending and faster circulation = adoption) + fun meme appealing to teens who are most active in the social networks = marketing.

Litecoin doesn't change economic parameters or perception compared to Bitcoin, thus Litecoin becomes redundant.

There are other potentially successful copy-cats, like Myriadcoin, because it also brings some innovation in the aspect of network security and resistance to 51% attacks.

so you think a coin with no hard cap and a coin with block rewards that half too fast making it extremely unprofitable to mine will overtake Litecoin ?

devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:38:15 AM

so you think a coin with no hard cap and a coin with block rewards that half too fast making it extremely unprofitable to mine will overtake Litecoin ?

A coin - no.
Dogecoin - yes.
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:39:48 AM

-bm

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin and in the short term Coinbase would make more money.  But in the long term they would be supporting a fractured economy.  I am pretty sure Coinbase wouldn't add Litecoin.  It goes against their goal of building a solid, unified, and fundamentally strong bitcoin ecosystem.  The last thing Coinbase wants to see is Bitcoin compromised.  

My guess is that they will add it when and only when it is a forgone conclusion that Litecoin is here to stay.  That simply isn't the case.  The price dropping and this thread is great proof of that.  

Under the hood Litecoin has some tech that is better than Bitcoin, buuuuuut it simply just doesn't have the wide spread adoption.  It is adoption and community that makes bitcoin valuable, not its hash or 10 minute block times verses 2.5 minutes.  

Also, the it is well known that all the Litecoin numbers out of China are totally faked.  They are straight up lying.  Charlie Lee has even openly admitted this.  So when you look at the charts and see great Litecoin volume and believe it and think that is an indicator of Litecoin's great success, you are sadly being scammed.  On top of that I am guessing the Litecoin bots in China make Willy and Marcus look like a joke.  Again, Charlie Lee has openly admitted it is a huge and openly known problem that China is scamming.  
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:44:58 AM

A coin - no.
Dogecoin - yes.

at this point in time it's obvious you don't look at facts and just what to see your doge quarks or wtv other crapcoin you hold beat litecoin , instead of laughing in your face again I'll let you look at pictures since you might understand better.

devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:48:12 AM

at this point in time it's obvious you don't look at facts and just what to see your doge quarks or wtv other crapcoin you hold beat litecoin , instead of laughing in your face again I'll let you look at pictures since you might understand better.

Exactly, you see that slide in Litecoin's hashrate in the past week. When Litecoin goes to 0.01 as its trend clearly indicates and Dogecoin keeps slowly rising due to less coins hitting the market because of smaller rewards, the hashrates will meet each other (some time in July), and then separate again, but this time Dogecoin's would be at the top.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: