Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17740 times)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:19:51 PM

Yup volume in the millions everyday yup everyone is getting out every single day and the price is still not $0

There is 20+ mln. litecoins to dump to suckers * $10 = that's quite a few days even with that kind of volume, can't happen overnight you know.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:21:55 PM

Yup volume in the millions everyday yup everyone is getting out every single day and the price is still not $0

There is 20+ mln. litecoins to dump to suckers * $10 = that's quite a few days even with that kind of volume, can't happen overnight you know.

Rome wasnt built in a day, but it burned in one!  Smiley

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

This thread makes me sick. There is a tremendous amount of slander here from people for who knows what reason want Litecoin to fail.

I'll make a very detailed post addressing all of the false information in this thread later tonight.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

I would imagine a large portion of LTC are owned by promoters and project members( 50%? ).  They can't dump at once because there will be major scandal, so they might trickle out to maybe recover some cash.  Seems most people holding LTC are generally clueless kids.

-bm

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:03:43 PM

This thread makes me sick. There is a tremendous amount of slander here from people for who knows what reason want Litecoin to fail.

I'll make a very detailed post addressing all of the false information in this thread later tonight.

It's clear who the FUD spreaders are

bluemeanie1
devphp

No matter what fact you throw at them they will still keep talking diarrhea , obvious sockpuppets/shills for other coins.

No point even trying to have a conversation with these people.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:06:06 PM

I've been on this forum for a while and I've never shilled for any coin.  I've been enthusiastic about some coins(NXT for instance).  LTC was mostly irrelevant to me but I think it's end is near for obvious reasons.  Investors should know this.

-bm

Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:22:42 AM

I've been on this forum for a while and I've never shilled for any coin.  I've been enthusiastic about some coins(NXT for instance).  LTC was mostly irrelevant to me but I think it's end is near for obvious reasons.  Investors should know this.

-bm

Rather than feed your trolling, here are some links for people to read about Litecoin and make their own minds up.

Dear Litecoin Community,

You may have seen recently I made a post titled “Litecoin State of the Union”, which was made in order to clarify what was going on in the world of Litecoin, and calm peoples fear about asics, price, as well as let folks know what the LA and other community members are working on in the LTC eco-system. With that said, I felt the response for the most part was very positive and really got some of the community members engaged and more knowledgeable of the activities and initiatives that are going on. So I wanted to elaborate a bit on a number of activities that the community is trying to put together as well as areas where we need some help in.

Safe network alliance pledge We are very aware of coinotrons recent issue with the %51 network hash rate. Because of this, we have formed a pledge to pools to take in order to state the will be %28 or below the network hash rate. This is important to prevent time warp attacks on the network (which can happen with any coin, and cause the hacker to fake data and issue fake coins to themselves). Please spread the word to the pool you mine at, and request them to take the LA/LTC pledge for a safer network located here https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20028.0.

Litecoin video After much back and forth, and starting a video, we decided to scrap the original and start again. One of our Litecoin Association members, Saigoned, stepped up as the project manager and will see this come to fruition. It was decided that we would assign bounties to this project in order to get this complete so we can show folks and merchants. Therefore, 65 LTC has been set aside to help pay for certain aspects of the video (50 of which was donated by the Litecoin Association). Please see https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19799.0 for more details on the project and bounty. Also, special thanks to Losh11 that help start this initiative!

New wallet splash screen With the up and coming release of the new Litecoin QT wallet (which will be called “Litecoin Core”) ver 0.9, there is an initiative to have a new splash screen made by the community for the developers to use. Warren, lead Litecoin Dev, proposed to get the community more involved and wanted to use new splash screens for both the main loading screen and the testnet screen. Please see https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19989.0 for more details on this project along with deadlines. NOTE: Current deadline is June 4th, which I have requested an extension so that the reddit community can submit their work.

Electrum Wallet Electrum wallet is still in beta testing to ensure everything is working properly. This is an important project for the Litecoin community as a whole. Pooler is the developer working on this, and is still asking for beta testers as well as public servers to help with electrum. If you would like to help, please see this thread here https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18608.0.

LTC on Bloomberg Coblee has started an initiative to get Litecoin prices listed on Bloomberg feeds, much like how Bitcoin is already displayed. Roscoe, who is also another member of the Litecoin Association, has taken the lead on this project and is asking for help getting Litecoin displayed on Bloomberg. If you use or know someone who uses a Bloomberg Professional Terminal, please send a message to their online support desk asking for Litecoin price quotes and news to be added. Please show your support in helping him if you can, see https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19258.0 for more details.

Translators needed If you speak more than one language, your skills are in need for the Bitcoin/Litecoin development teams. Please see https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19050.0 for more details.

Help with LA pages The Litecoin Association (http://litecoinassociation.org/) needs help in the form of ideas and volunteers to help “spruce up” the LA website. We need ideas for improvements, sections, content, and anything else you think is good to list. You don’t have to be a member of the LA in order to help out, anyone can help! Crazik is the administrator for the website as well as on the LA board of directors. Please contact him if you want to help out (and we need some help with this too, I promised him I would get a few folks hehe).

Merchant basket TheMage (Yes me), started a project in order to create merchant baskets for folks to print out and take with them in order to get more merchants on board to accept LTC and crypto’s in general. This will be the next large project to be completed after the Litecoin video project. See https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20157.0 for more details. SEE LITECOIN.COM WEBSITE ACTIVITY BELOW!

Website and Client Documentation Dev We have a new intern working with Warren to help out with Litecoin.org as well as end user documentation, seikochan. Her goals for taking the position are * Improving the Litecoin website to be a more inclusive, collaborative project where the community helps by contributing improvements and expanding the content to be more informative. * Improving the documentation for both Bitcoin and Litecoin client software to make it easier for everyone to understand the best practices in protecting themselves against theft and accidental losses that usually are the result of user error. She can use your help with helping create this documentation for both the Litecoin and Bitcoin clients. In addition, she could also use your assistance in the form of translators. Please see https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17395.0 for more details.

LA meetings and Community Projects Litecoin Association meetings are on IRC every other Sunday and are a completely open forum (anyone can attend). The LA board members and Ambassadors conduct the meeting and go over important information with the community and where we need help from the community. After the board speaks, the floor opens for any topics not discussed. We implore everyone to attend! Here is the sticky for information on which channel to join, time zones for clarification, and past meeting notes https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19434.0. The Community Projects section is where we create new initiatives for folks as well as try to coordinate marketing campaigns to get companies on board to accept LTC (the merchant basket and Litecoin video as well as previous charities were started in this section). Here is the link to the main boar https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=89.0.

Final Thoughts I hope to continue to keep the reddit community abreast of activities that the Community, Litecoin Association, and Developers are working on in order to bring more information to the masses. I understand in the past that this information may not have been flowed properly, but I am looking to change that. I want everyone here to know that Litecointalk.org and reddit are one big community, and we need to work together to continue to keep Litecoin as a top tier currency in the crypto world! But we need YOUR help with this, the communities help. So what ever little bit you can do, PLEASE help us make this better! Thank you Smiley

EDIT Litecoin.com Website
Coblee recently asked the community what to do with the domain name Litecoin.com. We are looking for open ideas from everyone. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20168.0
In addition, treasure_finder, has offered a 20 LTC bounty for Litecoin.com development. See here for details https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20204.0

I don't have the technical know how to make this happen but I know it is important for the future of our coin. Therefore, I'm offering a 20 LTC bounty to the person or persons who are able to make this site a reality. Even if you're not sure what the final site should look like, start the design, make the work-in-progress and let us all provide feedback and work on it together to make it a reality. I don't care if LTC reaches $100 between now and then, I will send you 20 LTC when the site is launched. I invite any other members to add to this bounty, to get ourselves a top quality site that will reinforce LTC as the true silver crypto coin.

Coblee has now donated 100 LTC to this activity, which puts the bounty up to 120 LTC. I am rolling the merchant basket activity into this as well. Stay tuned for details on how this will be distributed.

What is Litecoin up to?
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/27654z/activities_in_the_litecoin_world_addendum_to/

Litecoin is not silver it is Platinum
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18792.0;topicseen

Litecoin is always 2nd highest Market Cap and Daily Volume
1    Bitcoin   $ 7,671,126,206   $ 595.23   12,887,750 BTC   $ 53,693,573      
2    Litecoin   $ 300,086,707   $ 10.27   29,228,404 LTC   $ 4,867,817   

Charlie Lee's thoughts on Coinbase and Litecoin
There are no philosophical or financial reasons for not adding Litecoin support. If there were, I would not have joined Coinbase last year.

The reasons we are not adding Litecoin today are:
Paradox of choice - need to design UI in such a way that it's powerful for people who want to use Litecoin and Bitcoin and not overwhelming for new users
Lack of liquidity - need more trusted (i.e. not anonymous) exchanges with large volumes
Engineering resources constraint - other projects are more important

(1) is solvable by some good UI design. Maybe a secret URL (http://coinbase.com/litecoin) to opt-in in creating a Litecoin wallet. FYI, I actually implemented the multiple wallet feature.

(2) can be worked around by doing more internalizing of buys and sells and depend less on exchanges.

(3) will resolve over time. As more important projects get launched, Litecoin will become higher on the list of TODOs. Btw, I recently became an engineering manager at Coinbase with 5 direct reports, so I have some say on what projects they work on. Cheesy

So, yes, I have put a lot of thought into this. And I am in the best position to make this happen, but I won't promise a time frame. Please be patient and bear with me.
____

Now what other coins have as much going for them as Litecoin. Lose the sarcasm and stop spreading FUD and lets see what you can come up with.

Litecoin is only getting better, network is becoming much more secure.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:38:21 AM

Other coins may have much better features than Litecoin, but in regards to acceptance at exchanges and merchants Litecoin is still way ahead of all other altcoins.

Yup. I posted the following in another thread but perhaps it's more appropriate here:

While still nowhere near that of Bitcoin, Litecoin still has the second highest marketcap and the highest merchant acceptance and level of infrastructure built around it of any altcoin. It is possible that these same qualities that keep Bitcoin ahead of its clones (i.e. basically any coin, of which Litecoin is one) could also keep LTC ahead of its clones (i.e. basically any scrypt coin).
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:38:33 AM

I've been on this forum for a while and I've never shilled for any coin.  I've been enthusiastic about some coins(NXT for instance).  LTC was mostly irrelevant to me but I think it's end is near for obvious reasons.  Investors should know this.

-bm

Rather than feed your trolling, here are some links for people to read about Litecoin and make their own minds up.

Dear Litecoin Community,

You may have seen recently I made a post titled “Litecoin State of the Union”, which was made in order to clarify what was going on in the world of Litecoin, and calm peoples fear...

that message greatly calmed my fears about LTC.  It seems as though LTC is as good as Bitcoin.  Actually it's seems like it's exactly the same thing as Bitcoin except it's no where near as popular.

</sarcasm>

-bm

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:46:18 AM

-bm

Dear Litecoin Community,

You may have seen recently I made a post titled “Litecoin State of the Union”, which was made in order to clarify what was going on in the world of Litecoin, and calm peoples fear...

that message greatly calmed my fears about LTC.  It seems as though LTC is as good as Bitcoin.  Actually it's seems like it's exactly the same thing as Bitcoin except it's no where near as popular.

</sarcasm>

-bm

I read through that list and am underwhelmed as well. They are making a video. They are trying to get merchants interested (but don't seem to have any takers. Geez, is Pesetacoin doing better than them at this?)

They are adding a lite client wallet. (I tried Multi-bit. Hated it.) They are aware of the coinotron 51% issue. Well that's nice. And so on. Good grief, the only thing that Litecoin has going for it is inertia. And eventually that's going to peter out.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
El Dude

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:48:28 AM

-bm

Dear Litecoin Community,

that message greatly calmed my fears about LTC.  It seems as though LTC is as good as Bitcoin.  Actually it's seems like it's exactly the same thing as Bitcoin except it's no where near as popular.

</sarcasm>

-bm

I read through that list and am underwhelmed as well. They are making a video. They are trying to get merchants interested (but don't seem to have any takers. Geez, is Pesetacoin doing better than them at this?)

They are adding a lite client wallet. (I tried Multi-bit. Hated it.) They are aware of the coinotron 51% issue. Well that's nice. And so on. Good grief, the only that Litecoin has going for it is inertia. And eventually that's going to peter out.

yes pestacoin is doing a better job , O wait 409 merchants on http://coinmap.org/ , yup pestacoin is so much better!!!!

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:50:16 AM

I would imagine a large portion of LTC are owned by promoters and project members( 50%? ).  They can't dump at once because there will be major scandal, so they might trickle out to maybe recover some cash.  Seems most people holding LTC are generally clueless kids.

-bm

so true where as the BTC bag holders that are artificially keeping that price high are way more professional - if you look at the way they conducted the mining monopoly it was pretty well done.

sure they had to rip some people off blind , but i expect they got "repaid" .

you can ignore El Dude - he pm'd me and told me he ate more than half of a tube of toothpaste when he was just a kid, and he never consulted a DR.

if had of known i'd have never have made comments - but it explain the LTC to $100 call - i just don't think you can sucker that many people at once.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:52:03 AM

LTC should have Merged with Doge when they had the chance -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:53:07 AM

-bm

Dear Litecoin Community,

</sarcasm>

-bm

How long does BTC take to get confirmations. I often wait 10 minutes when doing a face to face buy. With LTC it takes a couple of minutes maximum.

Try using LTC and you will see why people like it.

Disclaimer: I have spent over $50k purchasing BTC and LTC over the last 9 months.
El Dude

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:54:21 AM

-bm

so true where as the BTC bag holders that are artificially keeping that price high are way more professional - if you look at the way they conducted the mining monopoly it was pretty well done.

you can ignore El Dude - he pm'd me and told me he ate more than half of a tube of toothpaste when he was just a kid, and he never consulted a DR.

if had of known i'd have never have made comments - but it explain the LTC to $100 call - i just don't think you can sucker that many people at once.

Here he is digitalindustry , the biggest shill of all time , still trying to convince people his qaurk coins are worth something lol

Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:55:48 AM

I would imagine a large portion of LTC are owned by promoters and project members( 50%? ).  They can't dump at once because there will be major scandal, so they might trickle out to maybe recover some cash.  Seems most people holding LTC are generally clueless kids.

-bm

Not true at all, BTC-E seem to hold most of the large LTC wallets.

Coblee did not premine, it was probably the fairest launch of a coin, he frequently buys LTC on the markets to donate to LTC Charities/Development.

The promoters of LTC do not actually hold many coins at all.

What is Litecoin up to?
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/27654z/activities_in_the_litecoin_world_addendum_to/

Litecoin is not silver it is Platinum
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18792.0;topicseen

Litecoin is always 2nd highest Market Cap and Daily Volume
1    Bitcoin   $ 7,671,126,206   $ 595.23   12,887,750 BTC   $ 53,693,573     
2    Litecoin   $ 300,086,707   $ 10.27   29,228,404 LTC   $ 4,867,817   

Why the hate:) Go Quark - less than $10k in daily volume - flying away haha
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:57:21 AM

Rome wasnt built in a day, but it burned in one!  Smiley

Scam is built in a day, but stock up ur wallet for a year
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:08:24 AM

-bm

Dear Litecoin Community,

</sarcasm>

-bm

How long does BTC take to get confirmations. I often wait 10 minutes when doing a face to face buy. With LTC it takes a couple of minutes maximum.

Try using LTC and you will see why people like it.

NXT is even faster.

Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:10:53 AM

LTC should have Merged with Doge when they had the chance -

What should Quark and your other favorite coins do?

Tell me with Quark having a $10k daily volume, what date do you think it will die? I give it a few months.

But look at Litecoin again. As it is everyday in number 2 spot, just below BTC and wow look at the daily volume, just under $5 million, only 500x the volume of your Quack coin.

And NXT coin - $ 238,694 daily volume ! WOW MUCH WOW BIG WOW WOW WOOF

1    Bitcoin   $ 7,628,124,459   $ 591.87   12,888,100 BTC   $ 55,137,343      
2    Litecoin   $ 298,963,612   $ 10.23   29,230,654 LTC   $ 4,988,309   

So tell me again, why will Litecoin die?

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:11:21 AM

-bm

Here he is digitalindustry , the biggest shill of all time , still trying to convince people his qaurk coins are worth something lol

you have convinced me - its worthless - sell if you own it, is my advice .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: