Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:37:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17741 times)
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

Grow some balls Saigonsmokes !!!

Look, it is only 6months!!! and NXT need to grow more than 4x to overtake LTC!! It is definitely a win-win for you  Grin

[IRONY-OFF]

Oh dont worry the bet is on for $100 just trying to find an escrow..
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:41:31 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 08:51:42 AM by NEM minnow

Ok so lets start...

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin and in the short term Coinbase would make more money.  But in the long term they would be supporting a fractured economy.  I am pretty sure Coinbase wouldn't add Litecoin.  It goes against their goal of building a solid, unified, and fundamentally strong bitcoin ecosystem.  The last thing Coinbase wants to see is Bitcoin compromised.  

My guess is that they will add it when and only when it is a forgone conclusion that Litecoin is here to stay.  That simply isn't the case.  The price dropping and this thread is great proof of that.  

Under the hood Litecoin has some tech that is better than Bitcoin, buuuuuut it simply just doesn't have the wide spread adoption.  It is adoption and community that makes bitcoin valuable, not its hash or 10 minute block times verses 2.5 minutes.  

Also, the it is well known that all the Litecoin numbers out of China are totally faked.  They are straight up lying.  Charlie Lee has even openly admitted this.  So when you look at the charts and see great Litecoin volume and believe it and think that is an indicator of Litecoin's great success, you are sadly being scammed.  On top of that I am guessing the Litecoin bots in China make Willy and Marcus look like a joke.  Again, Charlie Lee has openly admitted it is a huge and openly known problem that China is scamming.  

I'm pretty sure at some point in time they will add LTC, but not as soon as some of my fellow Litecoin community members may think. It's called Coinbase, not BTCbase. But ill leave it at that since you have your heart set on bashing LTC for fun and there is nothing I can say otherwise.

However it's pretty pathetic you quote Charlie as stating that he openingly admited to all LTC numbers out of China are faked, considering I talk to him semi regularly and I never known him to state this. As a matter of fact im going to link your post to him for you tonight since you love to quote him. Might as well hear it from the horses mouth right?

But, to a certain degree you are correct. There are some exchanges that are faking BTC data and LTC data. So if you are going to make somewhat of a statement, make sure you elaborate correctly.

Okay, I looked it up.  I was wrong and you were right.  Charlie Lee didn't say it.  His brother said it.  So when you forward my post to Charlie, go ahead and forward this link to him too.  It is his brother explaining the fake volumes in China on a youtube video covering Coin Summit.  Sooooo, yeah.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M12zzwNkCo&t=12m35s  He explains it in detail.

Otherwise, I commend you for your really long responses.  

Again, this video was made before Willy and Markus were known about and how exactly they crashed Gox.  Bobbie Lee is clearly explaining the same behavior going on like crazy in China and he also isn't happy about it.  Again.... Look at the numbers.  While there might be a ton of bag holders in the US holding Litecoin.  The volume is coming out of China.  I mean the fake volume.  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

I have now posted two links proving my points.  

You are great at replying but when/if you respond, please don't respond with "I'm going to tell Bobby you said that!"   Wink  You are very smart.  I am expecting!
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:09:02 AM

I have gone back and read through this this thread and looked at which accounts have which opinion on Litecoin. 

A very interesting pattern emerges:

Old Forum User Accounts: Generally think Litecoin is here to stay.

New Forum User Accounts: Generally think Litecoin is going to be dead by the end of the year and (insert coin) is going to replace it any moment.  None of them can agree on which coin is about to be the new #2 though.

This just shows us that new people who missed getting Litecoin cheap wish it were not number two, were not here for the launch, and do not understand how established LTC truly is, they only talk about features, and are frankly projecting their desire to be made rich by (insert coin) into a prejudice against Litecoin.

Anyone else care to speculate why new accounts think Litecoin will die and old accounts think it will live?

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:14:58 AM

Number 2 in market cap and daily volume, free money right there. Find a trusted escrow we both agree on, we both send $100 of BTC for them to hold. In 6 months time, I come back here and smile Grin

I will also make this bet with anyone.

I will put 100 LTC ($1,000) in escrow right now if you will also put 100 LTC in same escrow.

I am willing to bet LTC remains #2 in daily volume in 6 months time on average of the last six months.  Market Cap is too easily manipulated by illiquid coins that trade very little. (See Auroracoin, NXT, etc.)

Come on LTC doubters put your money where your mouth is!!!  Grin

Another thing I notice = People who think LTC will stay are willing to back it with an escrowed bet.  People saying it is going to die will not.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:27:08 AM

I have gone back and read through this this thread and looked at which accounts have which opinion on Litecoin. 

New Forum User Accounts: Generally think Litecoin is going to be dead by the end of the year and (insert coin) is going to replace it any moment.  None of them can agree on which coin is about to be the new #2 though.

This just shows us that new people who missed getting Litecoin cheap wish it were not number two, were not here for the launch, and do not understand how established LTC truly is, they only talk about features, and are frankly projecting their desire to be made rich by (insert coin) into a prejudice against Litecoin.

Anyone else care to speculate why new accounts think Litecoin will die and old accounts think it will live?

Their's the whole alt crowd who plug the whole innovation thing, yet all I see in these new coins in mostly innovation (and I use the term lightly) for the sake of innovation (ie just another theme to pump a coin on).

I am yet to see a single so called innovation or 2nd or 3rd or 300th generation coin that makes them anymore useable to joe public.
NEM minnow

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:05:26 AM

Their's the whole alt crowd who plug the whole innovation thing, yet all I see in these new coins in mostly innovation (and I use the term lightly) for the sake of innovation (ie just another theme to pump a coin on).

I am yet to see a single so called innovation or 2nd or 3rd or 300th generation coin that makes them anymore useable to joe public.

I agree that so far there is no new good alt coin that has made things any more useable to Joe public.  They are mostly just clones plugging "innovation" but don't really do much more than Bitcoin when it comes down to it.  I would put Litecoin in that category too.  That is why it is not so interesting to me.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that Bitcoin is just barely being able to be used by Joe public as it is. 
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

Number 2 in market cap and daily volume, free money right there. Find a trusted escrow we both agree on, we both send $100 of BTC for them to hold. In 6 months time, I come back here and smile Grin

I will also make this bet with anyone.

I will put 100 LTC ($1,000) in escrow right now if you will also put 100 LTC in same escrow.

I am willing to bet LTC remains #2 in daily volume in 6 months time on average of the last six months.  Market Cap is too easily manipulated by illiquid coins that trade very little. (See Auroracoin, NXT, etc.)

Come on LTC doubters put your money where your mouth is!!!  Grin

Another thing I notice = People who think LTC will stay are willing to back it with an escrowed bet.  People saying it is going to die will not.

I certainly think it will be around for a long time - (i hope so anyhow) - but why not make your bet and just exclude the IPOs and the scams ?

just set some basic rules.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

Why will LTC fail? You have yet to tell us this.

Simple answer.
Because it brings nothing new compared to Bitcoin.

yaaaaawn, been hearing this bullshit since ltc was a 0.004-0.005. yet, it's still there and totally outperformed btc in 2013. and I guess it will do the same this year. just wait and see.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:59:11 AM

yaaaaawn, been hearing this bullshit since ltc was a 0.004-0.005. yet, it's still there and totally outperformed btc in 2013. and I guess it will do the same this year. just wait and see.

That was many moons ago. I don't see any reasons why it would be the same this year. On the contrary, a lot of reason why it would be different this year Wink
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

my prediction calls for a top at 3000$ on btc and 240$ on ltc.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:44:20 PM

I'lll speculate:

1. Older accounts remember when there was bitcoin, litecoin, and very little else. They probably don't follow the alts as closely as those of us who've gotten involved in the last six months amidst the flood of new coins.

2. Older accounts are more likely to be personally invested in LTC and thus have a vested interest in defending it.

3. Those of us who are newer to the scene and learning as we go, are learning current news/information, not what was available 3-5 years ago. And that orients us toward the innovations among altcoins.

4. Mining the last few months has been more profitable with multipools mining alts, than X11 with Darkcoin and so forth. So most newer miners have a vested interest in these newer alts doing well, compared to LTC/BTC.

I don't mean to sound like I'm hating on LTC (have a few myself somewhere), but really, in all this thread I just don't see a defense of LTC being mounted besides brave words and inertia. Betting it will be #2 in 6 months? Come on, you have a 4X advantage at the moment. How about betting that LTC will still be 4X the #3 coin in 6 months? That would be a better test, whether LTC is holding relative to the competition or slipping.

Anonymity. Smart contracts. Decentralized Markets. Advanced wallet features. Faster confirmation times. No transfer fees. Merchant services. Debit cards. You can poo-poo these if you want, but in a competitive marketplace like we see in cryptocurrency, a plain-jane LTC cannot compete against the likes of Blackcoin, NXT, Cinni, CRY, Pesetacoin, Silkcoin and the rest. Humble little Piggycoin will trump LTC in enough time if the current trajectory holds.

LTC needs to give people a reason to hold it beyond comparing its' confirmation time to BTC. Do you understand the gales of laughter emanating from readers every time someone brings that up? Look at the block times of 99% of the alts and realize your Mark II altcoin, while an improvement on the Mark I bitcoin model, is a dinosaur compared to the latest models.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
anujjain

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:54:26 PM

my prediction calls for a top at 3000$ on btc and 240$ on ltc.

Its take much time, It will not going to soon. We need to wait long time for this.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:11:19 PM

New Forum User Accounts: Generally think Litecoin is going to be dead by the end of the year and (insert coin) is going to replace it any moment.  None of them can agree on which coin is about to be the new #2 though.

Nonsense. I was mining LTC on first days of launch. In fact my first LTC transaction was received from coblee. Despite that I beleive it's a clear scam. POW was intentionally crippled from day 1 to give certain clever individuals (insiders) a massive head start. They've always been one step ahead. GPU farms while rest on CPU, then FPGA farms and they likely sold IP for ASIC design or design themselfs to make large chunk of money. The lead devs may have been paid off to keep the broken POW, or perhaps they already have few million riding on success of LTC and simply don't want to upset the apple cart. not like either of those actions would be illegal

LTC was falsely portrayed as offering a safe haven to bitcoins inevitable centralization (falsely advertised because it was known to be an untrue statement). That's a big reason anyone messed with it in 2011.  And now its clearly centralised more than BTC ever was, despite offering absolutely new or innovative. therefore it's a leech on BTC. It has no genuine infrastructure. People talk about 5-10x price increase.lol this will take considerable fiat inflow to support the amount dumped by large farms & home miners with electricity bills to pay. it's not sustainable with a limited pool of fiat that actually finds its way into the entire cryptocash economy. catch 22 because it's not free-floating either so when BTC falls LTC gets hit too

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:14:34 PM

kudos to ebliever.

He speaks the truth. LTC is slowly dying and the is a fact. Just look the charts.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:27:48 PM

Ok so lets start...

I stopped reading after this in your link

"The ASIC takeover may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Litecoin, and it would only make sense that investors bruised by the experience would rush to something like Vertcoin. "

because you lack simple understanding that a stronger network and a historically strong coin are the two most important thing to investors. Much more fiat is being dumped into LTC in terms of asics, and this to me shows that there is much confidence with all types of "investors". This post along with the majority of this thread is a thinly disguised NXT pump up, nothing more.

I stopped reading with this blatantly incorrect assessment.

You do realize I'm the author of this article, right?

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

NXT gets some of the harshest treatment.

I'm willing to call spade a spade. I think NXT had a terribad start. Just straight fugly. But I can't deny that my premise of artifical price rising seems to be inaccurate as NXT is steadily rising. It's not acting like a pump and dump. I still maintain that the process of NXT being instantly valued 50x or more (see article) is shady as hell. But I don't hate on coins to justify my guesses. Despite my complete distaste for how they started, I point out in this later article the likelihood of NXT gaining market share from a Litecoin collapse. A perfectly valid guess and I think pretty honest considering how I dont like NXT.

Not to mention I hate Darkcoin, but I have to be realistic at this point and expect them to gain some IN THE EVENT of a LTC drop.

But thanks for assuming everything I've done is to pump coins.

---

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it doesn't seem to matter too much what kind of start you have as long as you get past your starting point without crumbling. Litecoin's instamine doesn't matter now!  Roll Eyes
NEM minnow

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:27:58 PM

Ok so lets start...

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin and in the short term Coinbase would make more money.  But in the long term they would be supporting a fractured economy.  I am pretty sure Coinbase wouldn't add Litecoin.  It goes against their goal of building a solid, unified, and fundamentally strong bitcoin ecosystem.  The last thing Coinbase wants to see is Bitcoin compromised.  

My guess is that they will add it when and only when it is a forgone conclusion that Litecoin is here to stay.  That simply isn't the case.  The price dropping and this thread is great proof of that.  

Under the hood Litecoin has some tech that is better than Bitcoin, buuuuuut it simply just doesn't have the wide spread adoption.  It is adoption and community that makes bitcoin valuable, not its hash or 10 minute block times verses 2.5 minutes.  

Also, the it is well known that all the Litecoin numbers out of China are totally faked.  They are straight up lying.  Charlie Lee has even openly admitted this.  So when you look at the charts and see great Litecoin volume and believe it and think that is an indicator of Litecoin's great success, you are sadly being scammed.  On top of that I am guessing the Litecoin bots in China make Willy and Marcus look like a joke.  Again, Charlie Lee has openly admitted it is a huge and openly known problem that China is scamming.  

I'm pretty sure at some point in time they will add LTC, but not as soon as some of my fellow Litecoin community members may think. It's called Coinbase, not BTCbase. But ill leave it at that since you have your heart set on bashing LTC for fun and there is nothing I can say otherwise.

However it's pretty pathetic you quote Charlie as stating that he openingly admited to all LTC numbers out of China are faked, considering I talk to him semi regularly and I never known him to state this. As a matter of fact im going to link your post to him for you tonight since you love to quote him. Might as well hear it from the horses mouth right?

But, to a certain degree you are correct. There are some exchanges that are faking BTC data and LTC data. So if you are going to make somewhat of a statement, make sure you elaborate correctly.

Okay, I looked it up.  I was wrong and you were right.  Charlie Lee didn't say it.  His brother said it.  So when you forward my post to Charlie, go ahead and forward this link to him too.  It is his brother explaining the fake volumes in China on a youtube video covering Coin Summit.  Sooooo, yeah.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M12zzwNkCo&t=12m35s  He explains it in detail.

Otherwise, I commend you for your really long responses.  

Again, this video was made before Willy and Markus were known about and how exactly they crashed Gox.  Bobbie Lee is clearly explaining the same behavior going on like crazy in China and he also isn't happy about it.  Again.... Look at the numbers.  While there might be a ton of bag holders in the US holding Litecoin.  The volume is coming out of China.  I mean the fake volume.  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

I have now posted two links proving my points.  

You are great at replying but when/if you respond, please don't respond with "I'm going to tell Bobby you said that!"   Wink  You are very smart.  I am expecting!

bump
NEM minnow

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

Ok so lets start...

I stopped reading after this in your link

"The ASIC takeover may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Litecoin, and it would only make sense that investors bruised by the experience would rush to something like Vertcoin. "

because you lack simple understanding that a stronger network and a historically strong coin are the two most important thing to investors. Much more fiat is being dumped into LTC in terms of asics, and this to me shows that there is much confidence with all types of "investors". This post along with the majority of this thread is a thinly disguised NXT pump up, nothing more.

I stopped reading with this massively incorrect assessment.

You do realize I'm the author of this article, right?

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

NXT gets some of the harshest treatment.

I'm willing to call spade a spade. I think NXT had a terribad start. Just straight fugly. But I can't deny that my premise of artifical price rising seems to be inaccurate as NXT is steadily rising. It's not acting like a pump and dump. I still maintain that the process of NXT be instantly valued 50x or more is shady as hell. But I don't hate on coins to justify my guesses.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it doesn't seem to matter too much what kind of start you have as long as you get past your starting point without crumbling.

I think NXT had a horrible start too.  At first I was sad and mad I wasn't a part of it.  I just bought recently because I do believe in it.  It really seems to be adding and adding more and more features.  It started off very centralized, but because no new NXT can be created, it keeps on getting more and more decentralized.  So each big player in the beginning has less and less power day by day.  The big whales had no way they could unload all their NXT so they started giving it away as bounties.  They spent it on marketing.  They used it to build infrastructure.  The thing about only having 50 whales, they knew they had to do it, that nobody else would.  They also knew that if they didn't, their investment wouldn't be worth anything.  Since then, the whales realize they can make more money off of adding services and distributing the money than trying to pump it. 

Bitcoin/Litecoin on the other hand is kind of the opposite.  The big mining pools and big mining operations are getting more and more centralized and more and more powerful. 
Whoisthelorax (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:40:12 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 03:01:53 PM by Whoisthelorax

From Mage...

Litecoin is not "riding" on Bitcoins position, as mentioned above its all about the bots and arbitrage. Heck even check out coinmarketcap right now and look, BTC and LTC look identical in terms of graphs (and always are).

Dude, that's how this whole conversation started. It normally does follow btc...until the last month.

Bitcoin's last 30 days...3 billion market cap steady rise (almost 50%)...and then recent plunge

and Litecoin's last 30 days...barely 30 million rise (almost 10%), and of course the recent plunge

BTW, the most recent reconnection to the btc pattern is not good for ltc. You don't want your coin missing the uplegs and repegging to the downlegs.

Whoisthelorax (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:52:30 PM

From Mage

Litecoin is one of if not the most fair launch in crypto history. Charlie provided the wallets a week (or more?) ahead of time of launch, and only mined 2 blocks before that, the genesis block and a test block. Once the week was up and people had time to prepare for the launch, he released something to be added to a config file to enable mining. Any instamine effects were a result of a successful launch. Interesting that you didnt even state premine, which almost every other coin has had.

Spoken like someone supporting Litecoin for the long haul. So instamine's are bad when other coins have it, but when ltc has it, its just a sign of a good start!

BTW, look up Namecoin, Hobonickels, Terracoin, Franko, Maxcoin, Potcoin, and Myriadcoin's starts. All better than Litecoin's start.

But like I said before...it almost doesn't matter what kind of a start you have these days. Shit, look at Darkcoin. Arguably one of the worst starts in crypto history and they have top 5 cred!

Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:59:49 PM

BTW, look up Namecoin, Hobonickels, Terracoin, Franko, Maxcoin, Potcoin, and Myriadcoin's starts. All better than Litecoin's start.

But like I said before...it almost doesn't matter what kind of a start you have these days. Shit, look at Darkcoin. Arguably one of the worst starts in crypto history and they have top 5 cred!

oh the Franko, need to buy that. sure it has more future than ltc.. no wait.. Hobo may have a better future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: