Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17740 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:21:10 PM

Kelsey, do you see LTC ever replacing BTC or just being second place forever? What advantages do you see with LTC?

Well some here might know but I'm helping a little ETF get through regulators, and the btc etf has a few hurdles convincing regulators mainly steming from a few things I've mentioned which in the real investment world seems lets say a tad on the dodgy side, eg anon creator, who happens to hold bags, silkroad issue and gox + other stolen (the thing is recieving stolen goods is illegal in many places).

yes ltc may not be so pure ( many here who could throw similar mud at it), but to regulators it seems less dodgy.....ltc could be sold easier to wall street crowd (who as a seed funder and daytrader I am part off).

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:31:48 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:42:04 PM by digitalindustry

Kelsey, do you see LTC ever replacing BTC or just being second place forever? What advantages do you see with LTC?

Well some here might know but I'm helping a little ETF get through regulators, and the btc etf has a few hurdles convincing regulators mainly steaming from a few things I've mentioned which in the real investment world seems less say a tad on the dodgy side, eg anon creator, who happens to hold bags, silkroad issue and gox + other stolen (the thing just recieving stolen goods is illegal in many places).

yes ltc may not be so pure (too many here who could through similar mud at it), but to regulators it seems less dodgy.....ltc could be sold easier to wall street crowd (who as a seed funder and daytrader I am part off).

you have got it all wrong in just a few years Wall st is dead - if the paper they are using is worthless then their wealth is worthless also, (unless they are going to be bidding up and down stocks based on pieces of gold?)

if the USD ends up a local currency the only thing that matters is productive capacity.

so all the hype and bullshit will matter little at that time, and it will be little guy that worked or opened a small business or foreign capital in the form of online businesses, that will more decide these matters.

basically people are running around trying to find a dick to suck*, but there are no/few dicks left, if the very shady precarious position takes a turn for the worse, it will only be foreign capital or productive capacity that will matter.

so to that end you probably should be telling us about how good the LTC team's Chinese language skills are or how many little coffee/book shops or online business accept it.

* this is because "Wall St" capital is QE that is being "Rat holed" into stocks and "corporate profit" it can not really be used, because of the obvious results that will occur if it is, if QE gets jammed into any crypto that will be no different to jamming it into stocks , it will have to go to "special" buyers and they won't be able to sell it, all it will do it bid up the Cap and price, people will go "wow" but thats all that would happen.

however the reason it can not happen is because no matter how bad any real crypto is not many are 100% monopolies, so the resulting "inflation" would have problematic effects, from a monetary standpoint.

** to dumb that down so we can all understand it - the reason the S&P500 is soaring is more for "confidence" reasons.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:39:38 PM

Well some here might know but I'm helping a little ETF get through regulators, and the btc etf has a few hurdles convincing regulators mainly steaming from a few things I've mentioned which in the real investment world seems less say a tad on the dodgy side, eg anon creator, who happens to hold bags, silkroad issue and gox + other stolen (the thing just recieving stolen goods is illegal in many places).

yes ltc may not be so pure (too many here who could through similar mud at it), but to regulators it seems less dodgy.....ltc could be sold easier to wall street crowd (who as a seed funder and daytrader I am part off).

you have got it all wrong in just a few years Wall st is dead - if the paper they are using is worthless then their wealth is worthless also, (unless they are going to be bidding up and down stocks based on pieces of gold?)

if the USD ends up a local currency the only thing that matters is productive capacity.

so all the hype and bullshit will matter little at that time, and it will be little guy that worked or opened a small business or foreign capital in the form of online businesses, that will more decide these matters.

basically people are running around trying to find a dick to suck, but there are no/few dicks left, if the very shady precarious position takes a turn for the worse, it will only be foreign capital or productive capacity that will matter.

so to that end you probably should be telling us about how good the LTC team's Chinese language skills are or how many little coffee/book shops or online business accept it.

hi neighbourhood tin foil hat man welcome to the convo, credit where credits due; this is the first post I've ever read from you that's even remotely coherent...so well done on that Smiley
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:41:03 PM

basically people are running around trying to find a dick to suck, but there are no/few dicks left, if the very shady precarious position takes a turn for the worse, it will only be foreign capital or productive capacity that will matter.

hi neighbourhood tin foil hat man welcome to the convo, credit where credits due; this is the first post I've ever read from you that's even remotely coherent...so well done on that Smiley

thanks i updated it - so have a re-read you might get something out of it  : )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

thanks i updated it - so have a re-read you might get something out of it  : )

I'll give you a little piece of sound logical advice, if wall street does die in a few years  Roll Eyes......hmm I think I'd be giving the gold, btc and ltc a miss and stocking up on things like rice, flour water  Wink
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:56:29 PM

I'll give you a little piece of sound logical advice, if wall street does die in a few years  Roll Eyes......hmm I think I'd be giving the gold, btc and ltc a miss and stocking up on things like rice, flour water  Wink

don;t forget the bug out vehicle! Sounds like the world is going to come crashing down soon. Better start canning tomorrow.

Sometimes i think some people have never left the states. Its a big world out there get out more.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:49 PM

don;t forget the bug out vehicle! Sounds like the world is going to come crashing down soon. Better start canning tomorrow.

Sometimes i think some people have never left the states. Its a big world out there get out more.

I'm not from the states, spend most my time in Aus, China (which tin foil hat man seems to elude to having something against) and Europe.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

I'm not from the states, spend most my time in Aus, China (which tin foil hat man seems to elude to having something against) and Europe.

Sorry that was directed at doomsday man.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:21:13 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 01:34:45 PM by Arbitrageur

Open the charts, check long-term, come back and only then spill your garbage.

I always check the charts. to be honest ltc should have held 0.020 to stay in a good shape. it's bad it got here. last week, it wasn't even able to rally to 0.02 while btc was collapsing due to specific issues (the fbi and the 51% attack), and this made the situation even worse, pushing ltc below 10$ and spoiling even the usd charts (or yuan, or euro, whatever fiat). yes it looks really weak now, and can fall as low as 0.013 or 0.010 as btc resume it's bull trend up to over 1000$. I hope some whale comes in and start to buy before it drops so low. but I doubt it, they know how the game is played and I believe they will patiently wait just as in sep-oct 2013 to buy at extremely low levels. then we should see the usual slingshot effect with a 30x in fiat terms, and 4-5x in btc terms. stupid as it is, but it's the movie we already watched many times.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:30:39 PM

Well, things are getting interesting in the markets, aren' they?

Litecoin pushing new lows in the btc/ltc ratio and getting near .016

Except The Litecoin bears are going to have to push through a 640 BTC buy wall to make their case.

Let the fireworks begin!

dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:31:51 PM

but it's the movie we already watched many times.
Nope. I think there has been a shift in how alt coins are viewed. If you don't offer a compelling feature that makes it better than bitcoin than the response will often be: so what's the point?
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:40:56 PM

Nope. I think there has been a shift in how alt coins are viewed. If you don't offer a compelling feature that makes it better than bitcoin than the response will often be: so what's the point?

+1
and I even suspect one compelling feature may not be enough these days. Competition has become very severe in the alts, Litecoin doesn't even try to compete and even declares that it doesn't want to challenge Bitcoin. I don't know what Litecoin supporters are counting on if that's the official Litecoin stance.
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:43:41 PM

compelling features are just smoke and mirrors for naive buyers in order to work out pump and dump schemes. there are 2 things that count before anything else: longevity (hence distribution) of the coin on one side and solidity of the mining network on the other one. ltc has both, way better that any other coin. add also the liquidity factor: there's no other coin as much traded as ltc (which somedays is even more traded than btc). wanna add more: marchants already accepting it, a good team of honest devs... and so on. come on, any other coin out there has no more than maybe 200 or 300 holders as compared to btc (250k-300k), or ltc (30-50k).

devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:46:59 PM

compelling features are just smoke and mirrors for naive buyers in order to work out pump and dump schemes. there are 2 things that count before anything else: longevity (hence distribution) of the coin on one side and solidity of the mining network on the other one. ltc has both, way better that any other coin. add also the liquidity factor: there's no other coin as much traded as ltc (which somedays is even more traded than btc). wanna add more: marchants already accepting it, a good team of honest devs... and so on. come on, any other coin out there has no more than maybe 200 or 300 holders as compared to btc (250k-300k), or ltc (30-50k).

Correct me if I am wrong, but Litecoin has the same kind of 51%-attack issue as Bitcoin. Now that Scrypt ASICs are becoming more and more popular, one of the pools has been hashing way too much, which doesn't add to the feeling of security of the network.

As for liquidity, yes, liquidity is there, but judging by the sliding trend, it means more and more people are getting out before losing their shirt.

If you ignore the compelling features factor, then Litecoin is redundant, because Bitcoin already does what Litecoin does. No need for compelling features = no need for the alt coin that does nothing but clones what Bitcoin does.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:52:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but Litecoin has the same kind of 51%-attack issue as Bitcoin. Now that Scrypt ASICs are becoming more and more popular, one of the pools has been hashing way too much, which doesn't add to the feeling of security of the network.

As for liquidity, yes, liquidity is there, but judging by the sliding trend, it means more and more people are getting out before losing their shirt.

If you ignore the compelling features factor, then Litecoin is redundant, because Bitcoin already does what Litecoin does. No need for compelling features = no need for the alt coin that does nothing but clones what Bitcoin does.
LTC appears to have more centralization issues than BTC which is ironic since it's raison d'être WAS a more fair way to decentralize a crypto-currency from the evil ASICs since everyone could use GPU's and CPU's.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:59:50 PM

Well, things are getting interesting in the markets, aren' they?

Litecoin pushing new lows in the btc/ltc ratio and getting near .016

Except The Litecoin bears are going to have to push through a 640 BTC buy wall to make their case.

Let the fireworks begin!
So you live in a world where a 640 BTC buy wall is big?
Certain people could easily crash the market if they wanted to.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:13:58 PM

No need for compelling features = no need for the alt coin that does nothing but clones what Bitcoin does.
there's a need of alternative blockchains. big investors can't be so stupid to put all their money (eggs) in one basket and rely upon a unique blockchain. so my view: btc won't have 99% of the crypto market, more probably little less than 50%. everytime btc makes new all time highs it loses a piece of the market share (was 99% at 27$, then 95% at 250$, than less 90% at 1100$). this is a FACT (I guess it will 85% or less at the next top). I believe ppc will have a big role too, along with different protocols as next, ethereum and who knows what else. darkcoin and all the rest of smoke and mirrors coins: a minor, really really minor role (like action figure cards to be exchanged as teenagers usually do).
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:18:55 PM

there's a need of alternative blockchains. big investors can't be so stupid to put all their money (eggs) in one basket and rely upon a unique blockchain.

Right, now you're talking. So if you extent that logic further, you will see that putting your eggs on a blockchain that just clones that of Bitcoin is not smart, why not choose one of many others available on the market that offer compelling features and have a competitive edge. See what I am driving at? As for specific alts, we can skip and not discuss this, as everybody has their own favorites.
Arbitrageur

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

there's a need of alternative blockchains. big investors can't be so stupid to put all their money (eggs) in one basket and rely upon a unique blockchain.

Right, now you're talking. So if you extent that logic further, you will see that putting your eggs on a blockchain that just clones that of Bitcoin is not smart, why not choose one of many others available on the market that offer compelling features and have a competitive edge. See what I am driving at? As for specific alts, we can skip and not discuss this, as everybody has their own favorites.

because they are not liquid and mostly owned by a bunch of people (10-20? not more than that). try go and buy 50millions worth of any other crypto and you tell me how you feel (like an idiot I guess)! any rational big investors sooner or later will put something between 5% and 10% of their assets into ltc (and I guess a stable ratio of btc-ltc will be between 0.07 and 0.1 long term), same for ppc. a few nmc in merged mining will be interesting too. if next or ethereum prove themselves to be as much relieable as these long-tested coins they'll do the same with those protocols.

EDIT: just read this, interesting:

https://twitter.com/crypto_coiner/status/478525942852096002/photo/1
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:34:06 PM

Liquid is great, as long as it's liquid on the way up or at least showing some resilience, bouncing off support levels.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: