Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2024, 12:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17783 times)
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:42:57 AM

It will be funny if Litecoin is still #2 in a year from now.

I will be the first to laugh at all the naysayers.  Cheesy

True enough that said people who will remember this thread one year in the future will be impressive
That said the market right now is probably deciding how many coins it can support
In a sense which ones are innovative or unique enough to provide utility in the future so there will probably be more than one coin around in a year

Their market cap is the question though but I think LTC has enough of a head start to retain spot #2 for the year.

agree with this but i also hope that DarkCoin will rise even if not till #2 because  Litecoin still has a lot of potential so i think it will remain #2 for a long time...but we will see in a year...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:47:05 AM

It will be funny if when Litecoin is still #2 in a year from now.

I will be the first to laugh at all the naysayers.  Cheesy

I fixed that for you Wink.

Even some of the naysayers who claim it "is dying" says that if it does die, it will be a year or two out.

I have to give the possibility some attention... Wink

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:55:38 AM

Been around these parts awhile and constantly researching the latest and greatest, irl I am an investor/trader one rule I follow is don't trade on emotion, accept opposing views as its not about being wrong or right, I'd rather be 'wrong' and successful then 'right' and lose everything.

However I'm yet to see anything come out of this alt section that comes remotely close to being 'better' then btc/ltc, (by better I mean a greater chance of being widely adopted) and I've never really been a huge btc/ltc fan (i've often said the only thing useful that has yet come from the crypto community is the idea).

To be honest, I don't think there will ever be an alt-coin which replaces BTC or is better than BTC. bitcoin already has everything needed for mass adoption. does the normal user need anon transactions to pay for his coffee? I don't think so. there is not even a #2 crypto coin beside BTC, since it is just not needed. there are successfull alt-coins (and unsuccessfull ones). They all share the same pool of money, and they have to fight for their part of the pot. and for them new features are important. no innovation? no evolution? you'll get behind.

you can earn some really nice money with those alt-coins, but do you really think even one of them would replace btc? I doubt that...and it doesn't matter if the coin is doge, ltc, drk or whatever (well, to be honest I was even able to buy something with doge before, which makes it the only alt-coin so far for me with real value). In the end they are all the same, just alt-coins. the good ones which are able to attract investors will make it at least until the new fotm is there. and that's why I think ltc will not hold that place forever. because it's nothing more but btc with another algo.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:03:38 AM

It will be funny if Litecoin is still #2 in a year from now.

I will be the first to laugh at all the naysayers.  Cheesy

I will be the first to laugh at you in 6 months.

Obvious coin death is obvious.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:09:31 AM

To be honest, I don't think there will ever be an alt-coin which replaces BTC or is better than BTC. bitcoin already has everything needed for mass adoption. does the normal user need anon transactions to pay for his coffee? I don't think so. there is not even a #2 crypto coin beside BTC, since it is just not needed. there are successfull alt-coins (and unsuccessfull ones). They all share the same pool of money, and they have to fight for their part of the pot. and for them new features are important. no innovation? no evolution? you'll get behind.

you can earn some really nice money with those alt-coins, but do you really think even one of them would replace btc? I doubt that...and it doesn't matter if the coin is doge, ltc, drk or whatever (well, to be honest I was even able to buy something with doge before, which makes it the only alt-coin so far for me with real value). In the end they are all the same, just alt-coins. the good ones which are able to attract investors will make it at least until the new fotm is there.

Bitcoin will not be used to buy coffee, except in a few geeky cafes.
First of all, it's not scalable for that.
Second, why would the public exchange their fiat to bitcoin just to spend it on coffee if they could buy coffee with fiat more conveniently in the first place.

There are over a million or two million used addresses in Bitcoin, but real people behind them are an order of magnitude less, so roughly between 100 000 and 200 000 users of Bitcoin, with 90%+ of all bitcoins used as a new way to store money away from the banks where money can get a bail-in and as a speculation vehicle. Most people who think Bitcoin is becoming something of a mainstream are just dreaming. This is not the case, Bitcoin is a mosquito vs an elephant of the financial industry.

Will Bitcoin retain its function as a relatively good (if you buy at the right time) store of value? We shall see in the coming months and years. But it's not designed for everyday transactions, that one is certain. Litecoin, being just a clone of Bitcoin, is not designed for that either. And, as we can see, Litecoin has been a terrible store of value, as it lost 80% since its peak.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:16:34 AM

you can earn some really nice money with those alt-coins, but do you really think even one of them would replace btc? I doubt that...and it doesn't matter if the coin is doge, ltc, drk or whatever (well, to be honest I was even able to buy something with doge before, which makes it the only alt-coin so far for me with real value). In the end they are all the same, just alt-coins. the good ones which are able to attract investors will make it at least until the new fotm is there.

Bitcoin will not be used to buy coffee, except in a few geeky cafes.
First of all, it's not scalable for that.
Second, why would the public exchange their fiat to bitcoin just to spend it on coffee if they could buy coffee with fiat more conveniently in the first place.

There are over a million or two million used addresses in Bitcoin, but real people behind them are an order of magnitude less, so roughly between 100 000 and 200 000 users of Bitcoin, with 90%+ of all bitcoins used as a new way to store money away from the banks where money can get a bail-in and as a speculation vehicle. Most people who think Bitcoin is becoming something of a mainstream are just dreaming. This is not the case, Bitcoin is a mosquito vs an elephant of the financial industry.

Will Bitcoin retain its function as a relatively good (if you buy at the right time) store of value? We shall see in the coming months and years. But it's not designed for everyday transactions, that one is certain. Litecoin, being just a clone of Bitcoin, is not designed for that either. And, as we can see, Litecoin has been a terrible store of value, as it lost 80% since its peak.

And Bitcoin has lost only 50% i suppose Roll Eyes
devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:19:44 AM

Yes, you suppose right. Bitcoin has been bad for some who bought at the peak, but Litecoin has been terrible. Hence, we can conclude, that out of all the cryptos Bitcoin is the best store of value, when measured in fiat terms. Since most people still measure their cryptos in fiat terms, then we can't skip that step, I believe. Can't say '1 doge = 1 doge' sort of thing Smiley
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:28:11 AM

Yes, you suppose right. Bitcoin has been bad for some who bought at the peak, but Litecoin has been terrible. Hence, we can conclude, that out of all the cryptos Bitcoin is the best store of value, when measured in fiat terms. Since most people still measure their cryptos in fiat terms, then we can't skip that step, I believe. Can't say '1 doge = 1 doge' sort of thing Smiley

Bitcoin went from $1200 -$400 = It lost approx 66% of its value in a few months. So why don't you post that Bitcoin is dying? 66% is just as terrible Roll Eyes

But what about NXT, looks dodgy as hell to me, SCAM/SCANDAL's all over the place - WOULD NOT TRUST NXT EVER BE WARY PEOPLE:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651057.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653693.0

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

INSANE AMOUNT OF SHIT.

Hey Saigon!

Are you NERVOUS becaouse LTC is dropping and it has no brakes?

You seem so.
devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:33:21 AM

Bitcoin went from $1200 -$400 = It lost approx 66% of its value in a few months. So why don't you post that Bitcoin is dying? 66% is just as terrible Roll Eyes

I am looking at current numbers. Bitcoin even went down as low as $102 in March on Btc-e, it just means the market was thin, nothing else. But Bitcoin showed some resilience and now is traded at $600 (50% lower), while Litecoin hasn't shown that much resilience and is still trading 80% lower. This doesn't mean that Bitcoin is not dying, it means Litecoin is dying faster Smiley Bitcoin and Litecoin share the same flaws and issues, Bitcoin is just stronger and will resist longer. Dying in crypto currencies can be loosely defined as 'halting of development efforts to address the flaws until the flaws come and bite you in the ass' Smiley
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

I am looking at current numbers. Bitcoin even went down as low as $102 in March on Btc-e, it just means the market was thin, nothing else. But Bitcoin showed some resilience and now is traded at $600 (50% lower), while Litecoin hasn't shown that much resilience and is still trading 80% lower. This doesn't mean that Bitcoin is not dying, it means Litecoin is dying faster Smiley Bitcoin and Litecoin share the same flaws and issues, Bitcoin is just stronger and will resist longer. Dying in crypto currencies can be loosely defined as 'halting of development efforts to address the flaws until the flaws come and bite you in the ass' Smiley

And where could you buy BTC back in March for $102? Somebody submitted a sale order of 15,000 BTC at a price of $100. Somebody offered to sell his bitcoins at 1/6 of going rate. You could not buy BTC at $102 in March so stop your FUD.

There were 4 theories why this happened:

It was a giant panic sell by a whale (as they call wealthy individuals on BTC-e).

It was a mistake by the seller in the heat of the moment. He may have meant to type $1000 or $600 for the sell price and made an enormous typo costing him literally millions of dollars.

It was an attempt to completely crush the bitcoin price by some major player at a vulnerable moment perhaps with the intention to buy up hundreds of thousand of bitcoins at sub $100 prices or simply to get rid of competition.

Somebody tried to get rid of stolen coins as soon as possible. Maybe this was the loot from Mt.Gox which made them halt withdrawals 4 days ago.

But what about the Scam coins your continue to pump? You think that Bitcoin is dying too but your wonderful NXT will rule the world lol. Jokes.

But what about NXT, looks dodgy as hell to me, SCAM/SCANDAL's all over the place - WOULD NOT TRUST NXT EVER BE WARY PEOPLE:

Volume:
2    Litecoin   $ 287,410,197   $ 9.72   29,562,154 LTC   $ 1,305,774   -0.00 %   
3    Nxt   $ 64,656,061   $ 0.064656   999,997,096 NXT*   $ 86,785   
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:49:34 AM

INSANE AMOUNT OF SHIT.

Hey Saigon!

Are you NERVOUS becaouse LTC is dropping and it has no brakes?

You seem so.

Not at all but you Trolls must be nervous to keep posting about Litecoin. Look at that volume of NXT - what a joke. 
devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:50:54 AM

And where could you buy BTC back in March for $102?

At btc-e, check the price chart. I doubt you could buy a lot, but some buy orders were filled at $102, that was the low on btc-e, March or February, check the history and price charts. This only means the market was thin. But that's not the point we're discussing here.

Please stop this hysteria, just be calm Smiley
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:51:54 AM

And where could you buy BTC back in March for $102?

At btc-e, check the price chart. I doubt you could buy a lot, but some buy orders were filled at $102, that was the low on btc-e, March or February, check the history and price charts. This only means the market was thin. But that's not the point we're discussing here.

Please stop this hysteria, just be calm Smiley

No you keep ignoring points:

But what about the Scam coins your continue to pump? You think that Bitcoin is dying too but your wonderful NXT will rule the world lol. Jokes.

Volume:
2    Litecoin   $ 287,410,197   $ 9.72   29,562,154 LTC   $ 1,305,774   -0.00 %   
3    Nxt   $ 64,656,061   $ 0.064656   999,997,096 NXT*   $ 86,785   
devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:53:37 AM

I gave you a reply on the scandal issue here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg7482758#msg7482758

why do you repeat the same in all the threads? This is not necessary.

Here is my explanation on volume:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7468164#msg7468164
plus, some bitcoin<->litecoin coin shuffling is going on, which adds to the volume, has nothing to do with adoption rates.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:54:53 AM

People cashing out from LTC increase its volume.

Do you think this is a good thing?

Just poor bagholders with  forgotten bid orders at btc-e buying LTC right now.
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:58:17 AM

I gave you a reply on the scandal issue here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg7482758#msg7482758

why do you repeat the same in all the threads? This is not necessary.

Here is my explanation on volume:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7468164#msg7468164
plus, some bitcoin<->litecoin coin shuffling is going on, which adds to the volume, has nothing to do with adoption rates.

haha not necessary - DARKOTA, DEVPHP, ShroomsKit_Disgrace all you do is troll Litecoin. Do you think its necessary for DARKOTA to start threads and delete all the comments he does not agree with.

'FUD WARNING - There seems to be a certain group who go around constantly spreading lies about Litecoin. Most of these new coins coming out are created by the same group who's sole purpose is to pump and dump the coin on you and get as many btc and ltc as they can. DYODD'
devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:00:47 AM

Saigonsmokes, you forgot to make all the red letters in CAPS, that would make your statement more trustworthy Cheesy
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:06:08 AM

Saigonsmokes, you forgot to make all the red letters in CAPS, that would make your statement more trustworthy Cheesy

How much do trolls get paid? You live in a dreamworld if you think NXT will do anywhere near as well as BTC/LTC, whats your latest one you are pumping - FANTOMCOIN...says it all...

Pump it and dump it....'Fantomcoin is better to invest in, it's the same algo + it can be merge-mined with any other Cryptonote coin

devphp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:07:56 AM

Nobody told me I can get paid for telling what I think and believe, where do I get my pay? That will be a nice bonus.

Yes, Fantomcoin has more chances for survival than other CN coins due to merge-mining design, you have any arguements against that? I am all ears to hear them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: