Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th  (Read 14151 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:31:39 PM

hence, limited advantage over S1 yet as it is the EXACT same price per same productivity with a small edge going to Rk-box in electricity consumption (~$500 for 5 ants for 3 mo vs ~$274 for 2 Rk-boxes at $0.12/kwh

No advantage if you can get 5XS1 for $240 each

Is saving $250/month on electricity not a significant advantage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:37:22 PM

hence, limited advantage over S1 yet as it is the EXACT same price per same productivity with a small edge going to Rk-box in electricity consumption (~$500 for 5 ants for 3 mo vs ~$274 for 2 Rk-boxes at $0.12/kwh

No advantage if you can get 5XS1 for $240 each

Is saving $250/month on electricity not a significant advantage?

More like $230 per three months for 2Rk-box vs 5XS1, so $38/mo per RK-box or or slightly more than $1/day.
this advantagee disappears if you provision s1 at $240.

All i am saying essentially is that RK-box should be priced wayyyyyy better.
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:45:04 PM

I do hope this happens but I am afraid there is almost no incentive to lower the price any further when the competition is at ~$1.4-2/gh.

Also I think that at ~$1.1/gh we are approaching what it costs to produce these miners (I estimate ~$0.7/gh) so I doubt we will see any dramatic price decreases in the near future.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...

Yes it does need a psu. Not sure about the pi but afaik you will need to supply your own controller.

Also they are 0.9 btc each.

http://shop.rockminer.com/goods.php?id=36
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:40:32 PM

I do hope this happens but I am afraid there is almost no incentive to lower the price any further when the competition is at ~$1.4-2/gh.

Also I think that at ~$1.1/gh we are approaching what it costs to produce these miners (I estimate ~$0.7/gh) so I doubt we will see any dramatic price decreases in the near future.

So even with this aggressive pricing the miners aren't selling in numbers. What a surprise!

I wonder how will all 60PH going to sell with all these problems.

jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:43:18 PM

So even with this aggressive pricing the miners aren't selling in numbers. What a surprise!

What do you know about their sales numbers?

BTW they are now selling for $0.79/gh excluding psu.

That's cheaper than your sp30 preorder which is 3+ months out.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

And with PSU?

It may be cheaper, but it's more than double the power requirements. All big mining operations will stay away from these because of the excessive heat and power bills. Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners.

My SP30 is just one and a half month away!

TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:47:00 PM

Yes it does need a psu. Not sure about the pi but afaik you will need to supply your own controller.

Thanks for the info. Any est shipping date?
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:50:31 PM

Thanks for the info. Any est shipping date?

Update

First batch production will be done on 24th,and shipping date will be 25th,email sales@rockminer.com or PM me to get more infos.

Thanks for your support.
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:09:03 PM

And with PSU?

It may be cheaper, but it's more than double the power requirements. All big mining operations will stay away from these because of the excessive heat and power bills. .

$0.81/gh with psu.

The only people who need more efficient miners are those with high electricity costs. Big mining operations will have cheap electricity so waiting 3 months for 50% more efficient miners is absurd.

To put it into perspective,

1PH farm of rockminers = 1200KW @ 0.05/kwh = $810,000 + $43,000/month
1PH farm of SP30 = 500KW @ 0.05/kwh = $850,000 + $18,000/month

It might make sense to go with sp30's if they were shipping in 2 weeks, but they aren't.

Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners

You mean those uninformed casual home users who all managed to achieve a positive ROI? (excluding usb miners)

Has anyone who ordered an SP10 actually turned a profit yet?

Maybe yours is, but not the ones you're trying to sell.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:12:41 PM

Jimmothy; you make constant bad financial decisions, this doesn't make you a know-all. Did you grab the opporchancity to get in on the Group Buy?
no?

you missed out. stop acting like a hurt child.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

Jimmothy; you make constant bad financial decisions, this doesn't make you a know-all. Did you grab the opporchancity to get in on the Group Buy?
no?

It's funny because every insult you've ever said applies to yourself.

And no I did not get in on that group buy which was never actually a group buy to begin with. Not that I would I ever gamble $5000 on a preorder.

Just curious, how much btc did you spend on your sp10's and how much did you earn back? I'd love to know how much a top notch financier like yourself has earned from your investments.

Also what is the going rate for pimping spongebobtech products? Not that I would be interested in ripping off naive investonomers.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:32:16 PM

$0.81/gh with psu.

The only people who need more efficient miners are those with high electricity costs. Big mining operations will have cheap electricity so waiting 3 months for 50% more efficient miners is absurd.

To put it into perspective,

1PH farm of rockminers = 1200KW @ 0.05/kwh = $810,000 + $43,000/month
1PH farm of SP30 = 500KW @ 0.05/kwh = $850,000 + $18,000/month

It might make sense to go with sp30's if they were shipping in 2 weeks, but they aren't.

Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners

You mean those uninformed casual home users who all managed to achieve a positive ROI? (excluding usb miners)

Has anyone who ordered an SP10 actually turned a profit yet?

You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm. Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

I remember that the last year blades were overpriced too, not only the usb sticks! Don't try to hide it.

Good luck selling 60PH worth of miners. Maybe you can do it at 0.5$/GH with immediate shipping Smiley

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

i am interested in one of the units. but i would be more interested the the rx-box instead of the rk-box. are you still taking orders for the rk box and will you ship one of them to canada.
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm.

Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

With cooling added it comes out to about 2.5 times more electricity but electricity is still insignificant compared to the hardware costs and delivery date. (also assuming that the sp30 performs/ships as has been predicted by the magic crystal ball)

With cheap electricity (which almost all big mining farms will have) it makes no sense to wait 3 months so you can save an extra 60% on your already dirt cheap electricity costs.

There is a much bigger profit margin on 1.2w/gh now vs 0.5w/gh in 3 months.

I remember that the last year blades were overpriced too, not only the usb sticks! Don't try to hide it.

You might think they were overpriced but they did end up with a positive ROI.
jimmothy

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:46:32 PM

i am interested in one of the units. but i would be more interested the the rx-box instead of the rk-box. are you still taking orders for the rk box and will you ship one of them to canada.

Looks like they are both still for sale but minimum order for rx-box is 4 units.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:54:00 PM

You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm.

Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

With cooling added it comes out to about 2.5 times more electricity but electricity is still insignificant compared to the hardware costs and delivery date. (also assuming that the sp30 performs/ships as has been predicted by the magic crystal ball)

With cheap electricity (which almost all big mining farms will have) it makes no sense to wait 3 months so you can save an extra 60% on your already dirt cheap electricity costs.

There is a much bigger profit margin on 1.2w/gh now vs 0.5w/gh in 3 months.

You might think they were overpriced but they did end up with a positive ROI.
Don't forget 1PH mining now is not the same return as 1PH mining a month or two from now, you need to factor in how much new hardware is being deployed from all of the other manufacturers that are / will be delivering in between.
GordonBM

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:38:32 AM

Needs more heatsinks, bro.
But srsly though, maybe but it in a box so its easily stackable?

I got hacked by some Syrian faggot and now I have negative feedback.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:02:12 PM

no?

It's funny because every insult you've ever said applies to yourself.

And no I did not get in on that group buy which was never actually a group buy to begin with. Not that I would I ever gamble $5000 on a preorder.

Just curious, how much btc did you spend on your sp10's and how much did you earn back? I'd love to know how much a top notch financier like yourself has earned from your investments.

Also what is the going rate for pimping spongebobtech products? Not that I would be interested in ripping off naive investonomers.

LOL @ raskul && roadstress
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: