Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Uber  (Read 1998 times)
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:01:55 AM

Bitcoin market cap:  $8.3 billion
Uber the taxi app:  $18+ billion

Is it just me, or something is wrong with this picture  Huh

im guessing that your questioning how come uber the taxi app has a larger marketcap compare to bitcoin
the answer is quite obvious uber is part of a normal ,average and even to some important people's lives,
almost everyday people use this app as means of transportation
while bitcoin on the contrary has a small percentage of community using it as per date

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:09:16 AM

You compare incomparable things. It's like comparing God's gift to an omelet.There are companies whose capitalization has reached a much higher level. For example Apple/ she's capitalization 904,61 billion.It Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Johnson and Johnson, General electric, etc. This list can be continued still very long. I do not understand why you compare bitcoin with HUBERT?
Whos hubert?lol OP compared transfortation against currency,what about now or today?maybe OP sees how is the difference tween this two.after four years of comparisons now we're seeing the outcomes

Uber is a well-known taxi company. Currently, bitcoin is used more than credit cards in developed countries. If uber is using bitcoin it is great. Uber will attract more and more customers. Bitcoins are also becoming increasingly popular across all services.

In some countries uber has taken over by Grab this means some of their businesses are beinh drowned of economy.
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:10:34 AM

Ahaha look at this chart when Bitcoin grows! Of course, at this point around the world, people are more and more likely to use Uber than cryptocurrency. and ecли take the calculation that bitcoin to visit has gained its maximum, gives at once everything becomes clear.

monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Bitcoin market cap:  $8.3 billion
Uber the taxi app:  $18+ billion

Is it just me, or something is wrong with this picture  Huh

im guessing that your questioning how come uber the taxi app has a larger marketcap compare to bitcoin
the answer is quite obvious uber is part of a normal ,average and even to some important people's lives,
while bitcoin on the contrary has a small percentage of community using it as per date

This is 2014 chart But we are all live in 2018.
1. Uber market cap is  51 billion .
2. Bitcoin market cap is 152 billion.
So everything is depends on demand currently cryptocurrency is rule the entire market so no one compare to the Bitcoin market cap.

eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:13:28 PM

You compare incomparable things. It's like comparing God's gift to an omelet.There are companies whose capitalization has reached a much higher level. For example Apple/ she's capitalization 904,61 billion.It Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Johnson and Johnson, General electric, etc. This list can be continued still very long. I do not understand why you compare bitcoin with HUBERT?

I think that you do not understand Bitcoin or Uber, something between these two. Your point of thinking is only on market capitalization and not on innovative and disruptive technology that is behind these two. We can compare Bitcoin and Uber because they both are disruptive in their fields. Bitcoin disrupts banks system, Uber disrupts taxi system. Here is definition on what disruptive actually means from Wikipedia - "Disruptive innovation is a term in the field of business administration which refers to an innovation that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market leading firms, products, and alliances." Do you understand now how these two are comparable?

Bitcoin market cap:  $8.3 billion
Uber the taxi app:  $18+ billion

Is it just me, or something is wrong with this picture  Huh

This is 2014 chart But we are all live in 2018.
1. Uber market cap is  51 billion .
2. Bitcoin market cap is 152 billion.
So everything is depends on demand currently cryptocurrency is rule the entire market so no one compare to the Bitcoin market cap.

Monalia, thanks for information about Uber market cap... In 2014. we can see that Bitcoin had lower market capitalization than Uber. Now in 2018. Bitcoin have higher market capitalization than Uber, which is logically to me, Bitcoin have so much larger market to disrupt when is Bitcoin compared to Uber.

BTC
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:44:52 PM

Cabs are more readily needed by the population.
Not all are willing to put up time and effort to bitcoin which may seem complex to them.
In 2014 at least.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

Does anyone have a comparison on the number of people that use Uber vs. the number of people using BTC?

I think it  would hard for them to determine or gather data who are using Bitcoin cause we all know that Bitcoin is anonymous unlike Uber it's all documented so it is easy to get the number of their member. But if we're going to determine which is popular I think bitcoin is more ahead in terms of income.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:35:47 AM

Uber is a transport enterprise or technology enterprise. In order to get answers they have to go to court. Bitcoin is not recognized as a means of payment!
I am really shocked in what capacity this comparison is just made. Who wants to get a comparison between a transport company and a payment method? This is so foolish at his end to even talk about and quantify the difference between them. But yes, if the question were to whether bitcoins are being used in umber as payment method then it was okay but not like this.

radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:34:16 AM

there are still many big companies that have much higher capitalization than UBER, why you can compare UBER and Bitcoin? I think UBER-based apps have limited users in every country and not all countries are comfortable using them. In addition, the difference between UBER and Bitcoin is very different, UBER is only a technology-based application that facilitates temporary transport Bitcoin is a digital currency whose development has been trusted by everyone in the world and has valuable value.
cyberkuto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:20:27 AM

Well,  Uber is convenient so if the amount shows above is what they earn will then it's good.  Didn't thought that the Uber would earn that beyond bitcoin.  But bitcoin itself could reach over anytime,  as long as many investors to come. 
muratdur

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:37:54 PM

As for me, when something is going down in price for sometimes, it is the best time to buy it, the same thing with Bitcoin and other crypto. It can rise about 1 month, and fall down by 1 day to the start price.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

To be honest this isn't a fair comparison. It's two really different things that you are looking at. One is looking at the cap on a new economy and the other is looking at a way of transportation. Are you suggesting that there be a higher or no cap on bitcoin and less monetary investment on a taxi service?

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:59:18 PM

Capital is such a thing that easily leaves one place and fills another. At any time bitcoin can collect a lot of speculative money and capitalization will be more but the problem is to keep the money. Self-driving car, Uber has recently been in an accident. A few of these accidents and from the capitalization of Uber will have no choice. Are you sure that won't happen?
max fray

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

BTC is not just a coin - it's the product of blockchain technology that may change the world.
Uber is also not just an app - it's the new quality of life provided to people who believed in this "easy-taxi" system.
I believe these two concepts have parity, as they both are targeted at improving the people's living standards.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

Both aspects have extremely great value, and it is no surprise at all that Uber is making such cap, this is no big deal actually Uber is a taxi app that provides worldwide service as well, I am not quite sure if other countries have banned Uber but I don't think there is a reason to ban it though, while Bitcoin is indeed valuable and I think deserves more than what it is right now, and yes it is also worldwide and some particular countries have banned BTC as well.
sureshotcoin

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:42:30 PM

uber application value is calculated as per the cab owners attach their car to the uber app and it also depends of supply and demand likewise bitcoin is also depending on one value price and demand
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:47:33 PM

uber should accept bitcoin as an alternate payment method
If uber accepts bitcoin as an alternative payment method, then the bitcoin price is likely to increase to $ 50,000. Uber is a big corporation in the world. Hopefully uber will accept bitcoin
hammerhart

Activity: 381
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:50:02 PM

uber should accept bitcoin as an alternate payment method
If uber accepts bitcoin as an alternative payment method, then the bitcoin price is likely to increase to $ 50,000. Uber is a big corporation in the world. Hopefully uber will accept bitcoin

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

The difference is very much uber accept almost any currency in the country that has been using the product and is reinforced by various types of two-wheeled and four-wheeled transport ,While bitcoin is not a means of transportation like uber Its very clear that even all circles use uber cheap with the tariff small

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:14:55 PM

I was not clear about this comparison.Because both of this two is different,bitcoin is just an asset.Whereas,the Under is the mode of transport.We use this for transport.I don't know,why the word is used for the different category objects.If you compare to gold Vs Bitcoin will be good .

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀