Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's face it -- just because you CAN have children doesn't mean you SHOULD.  (Read 1838 times)
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:47:39 PM

plenty of kids to adopt who need homes, same with pets.

i wonder what the statistics on heterosexual couples that adopt kids vs. gay.. i'm willing to bet that there are more gay couples willing to adopt. it's one of the reasons why i support gays and gay marriage.

there are more gay couples willing to adopt because they can't have their own children
what's questionable about that?

Oh don't worry, you'll soon find out what the big deal with gay couples is once the religious maniacs come along that slink around this board, as usual, it's not the stories themselves that bother me anymore as much, it's the comments from other people.

it's not about the religious maniacs, it's about making gay mainstream
number of homosexuals has probably grew at least 2000% in the last 200 years since it became globaly accepted
therefore decreasing reproduction of humans and making less and less people in every country
there's an increased chance their children will be gay too since they see it as a normal thing and again they will not have new children decreasing birth rate even more
less people --> weaker country

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:21:58 PM

you see, when wife and i decided to have another baby (hopefully a girl) , i proposed that we adopt a baby girl, but when we faced all the paper work and procedure, in the end, we had to drop the whole idea.
im not saying im glad we canceled adoption, but that resulted in us having a butifull baby girl of our own Smiley she is 7 now.

it scares me to see what i see almost daily on the street, and worst thing now curently is leaving kids in the car on the sun.
insane, but ppl still do it
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:31:32 PM

I liked the title and you are 101% right, as I always said, being a good father or mother is not easy, it's a very difficult issue specially when the age gap is large and still you need to hear from you son or daughter and to accept their point of view depending on their age.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

What about the woman in California that was arrested for leaving her child in a car save so she could go to an interview she used all resources and still no one would help watch her child. Some people have no other resources. but at the sametime were in the hell was the live n girlfriend and she did know how could she not. Chaining a child is abuse, were is the mother or grandparents. Not the whole story.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

...snip...
2. Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

It's actually around a fifth. 1 in 5 girls are the victim of abuse, compared to 1 in 20 boys. But that's irrelevant. What's the assumption/error that you're making here? Anyone spot it?

You're assuming that you are homosexual if you commit a sex crime against a boy. That is simply not the case. But you wouldn't know that because you are cherry picking statistics you like from a homophobic hate site. The simple fact is that most adult men who molest boys do not show any sexual interest in adult men.

I'm not even touching on how you have fallen into the sampling bias heffalump trap.

Thanks, I was just gonna question the statistical errors, especially the point in bold, but you explained it better than I ever could.

There's a great book - Bad Science by Ben Goldacre - which talks about the problems with health/science reporting in the media, and how statistics are misrepresented by people wanting to push a certain story/agenda. Highly recommended.

The author did a TED talk as well - http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_battling_bad_science
It's slightly off topic, but I think it's important that people see through these misleading statistics.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:51:46 PM

How awful, I would never do that to one of my pet cats or dogs, much less to a child, I mean what if there was a fire and the poor little boy was trapped in it. Awful, just awful.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

This is what \happens when people make babies with different women, men, etc, move on with their lives when the last relationship doesn't work out and make new kids with the new boyfriend/girlfriend. There are consequences to being selfish and putting your kids way behind the next phase of your "love life." So a child of 6 gets chained to a bed with new girlfriend and more kids living there. Who knows who mom is or if she is fit to care for the kid..... you right ,just because you CAN have children doesn't mean you SHOULD.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:11:18 PM

This is what \happens when people make babies with different women, men, etc, move on with their lives when the last relationship doesn't work out and make new kids with the new boyfriend/girlfriend. There are consequences to being selfish and putting your kids way behind the next phase of your "love life." So a child of 6 gets chained to a bed with new girlfriend and more kids living there. Who knows who mom is or if she is fit to care for the kid..... you right ,just because you CAN have children doesn't mean you SHOULD.
You need a license to drive a car, but not to have a child. There is so much of this disgusting abuse I am so sickened by it. Chain this man up and let the other prisoners know he is in for child abuse.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

People (not all, but a lot) do not make enough money to survive let alone pay for child care. But.....you DO NOT chain your child up!!! This child is no an animal. I don't really care what this man's excuses will be, because it's not about him, it's about the child and there is not one single reason why anyone would chain this little guy up!! Not being able to afford child care is no excuse (if that is even his excuse) period!
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:36:54 PM

People (not all, but a lot) do not make enough money to survive let alone pay for child care. But.....you DO NOT chain your child up!!! This child is no an animal. I don't really care what this man's excuses will be, because it's not about him, it's about the child and there is not one single reason why anyone would chain this little guy up!! Not being able to afford child care is no excuse (if that is even his excuse) period!

The parents should plan before deciding to have a child. And use preventive method if necessary.

commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

The parents should plan before deciding to have a child. And use preventive method if necessary.

No kidding. Even if you think you can't afford preventive methods, just remember that they're less expensive than raising a child. And if you don't want to pay for condoms or a sterilization procedure, just don't have sex.
JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:13:18 PM

i wonder what the statistics on heterosexual couples that adopt kids vs. gay.. i'm willing to bet that there are more gay couples willing to adopt. it's one of the reasons why i support gays and gay marriage.

Well, how else is a gay couple supposed to get a kid?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:40:02 PM

I personally think that all people should be forced to take a test before being legally able to have children, if they have children without the test they would be put in care.
It would stop alot of child abuse and mistreatment by only allowing people who are willing to learn how to become a good guardian.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

well, you know they do have biological children right? i mean, a gay dude still has a penis and creates sperm.
JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:36:20 PM

well, you know they do have biological children right? i mean, a gay dude still has a penis and creates sperm.

he can place his sperm in his husband in any manner he sees fit, but the two of them are not going to conceive a child.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:56:01 PM

he can place his sperm in his husband in any manner he sees fit, but the two of them are not going to conceive a child.

Natural selection.

Nature get rid of those who are deem "inflexible" and "unfit".

ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

It seems the worst parents are the most fertile.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

i'm sure there are couples who artificially impregnate other women and raise their kids as a couple.
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:27:32 AM

True it is, that some people shouldn't have kids. I don't have them since i can't afford to have them , but i'd be really happy to have 2 atm.

Bitcoin is DEAD
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:53:29 AM

True dat, there's already too many of us.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄