Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a little skeptical of BTC at the moment, thinking of dropping out again.  (Read 2798 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

I think we are going to see more of this as people discover that the real strength of bitcoin is as a payment network, not as an investment.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:18:42 PM

Buy 1BTC, transfer to a paper-wallet, put the paper wallet in a sealed envelope - promise your self you will *never* break the seal. Stash the envelope away somewhere safe. Then will you be part of the bitcoin story no matter what happen.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:31:46 PM

Forget about mining at all. That's not going to work whatsoever. As for Bitcoin itself, don't risk any money if you're not willing to lose it. If you can't afford it to go down, just get out and don't come back until you can. At this point, putting money into Bitcoin really is kind of like stocks trading, it can go either way. If your financial situation is pretty tight, just go the safe way for now and once you're in a better standing, feel free to come back.

But that's just my take on it.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:33:03 PM

Nobodies holding you to Bitcoins. So you can drop out, if you want. Be my guest.  Roll Eyes

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:47:02 PM

I'll buy your coins at $600 each. PM me.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

I don't understand how I'm being painted as the bad guy in this, it's so negative and so unproductive. I wanted to join the community because from what I heard about bitcoin it was a pretty sweet thing. But the more and more I keep getting into the community it's like, just negativity. I'm trying to relay my story to people and instead of giving me productive answers it's like "you are a loser, stop being loser-y". So what's the deal here?
Maybe start an Indiegogo for your situation, but in Bitcoins.

Chuck

But see, even if I did that people would still be skeptical, I mean in the past month and a half three of my own relatives have been diagnosed with cancer, I'm STRUGGLING to even make ends meet. My mom graciously let's me stay with her but I help her out by taking her dogs out, and other stuff around the house while she goes through chemo treatments. I'm not doing anything for free. I'm not just sitting around wasting time, doing nothing. I'm actually TRYING. I'm not a loser, stuff happened a few years back that left me unable to fend for myself otherwise this topic would have never come up.

The whole indiegogo idea is bad because crowdfunding is like the devil nowadays I mean, there's no point at all to even try.

What else could I say?
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

I don't have any coins, I have 36 dollars in a bitcoin right now from a sig campaign, that's all I have to my name. I'm eating ramen noodles out of a cup and living on power that isn't mine and internet that isn't mine, and I can barely even use that. What I do have are the clothes on my back, I'm helping my mother out going through chemo, my 89 year old grandmother has terminal cancer and will be dead in 6-8 months, and my father just got diagnosed with melanoma. I don't think it's too much to ask for a little help, I'm not saying "Give me ALL OF YOUR COINS" but just a bit of help here and there would be nice.

What else could I say?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:51:06 PM

^ it just seems like you were expecting to use bitcoin as some sort of get-rich-quick scheme, and it's not working out so well so you are feeling a little down and mopey on yourself.

what are you doing throughout most of the day anyways? if all u did was stay on here and post, you could earn $400 a month from sig posting.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:55:52 PM

^ it just seems like you were expecting to use bitcoin as some sort of get-rich-quick scheme, and it's not working out so well so you are feeling a little down and mopey on yourself.

what are you doing throughout most of the day anyways? if all u did was stay on here and post, you could earn $400 a month from sig posting.

Well that's a little personal, but I am going to school trying to get my college education ended, I'm helping my mother out who has stage 3a breast cancer around the house with little things that she can't do because she's unable to do it. There's nothing else I can do right now, as soon as her treatments done and she feels better I'm moving home, and I have to move on my own but in order to do that I need some investment or something put aside so I can do that.

What else could I say?
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:24:04 PM

I don't understand how I'm being painted as the bad guy in this, it's so negative and so unproductive. I wanted to join the community because from what I heard about bitcoin it was a pretty sweet thing. But the more and more I keep getting into the community it's like, just negativity. I'm trying to relay my story to people and instead of giving me productive answers it's like "you are a loser, stop being loser-y". So what's the deal here?

Not sure you're going to be able to hear this, based on your responses, but here goes...

In your first post you talk about how you could have stayed in when bitcoin was $14 USD bit didn't (your choice, understandably regrettable) and then go on to say it's not fair that mining is getting more and more difficult (that's how bitcoin is structured, for good reasons) and that early adopters should be sharing some of 'the pie' with newcomers.

Whether you realize it or not, you are shifting responsibility away from yourself and blaming external factors for your life situation (mining difficulty, early adopter success, economy in the south, etc and etc). This way of thinking disempowers you and is why people mention victim mentality. Successful people focus on what they can do now and what is in their control and then focus their energy there. Successful people keep in mind that they alone are ultimately responsible for their own happiness and act accordingly.  I'm only saying this as an objective observer and hope you can hear something helpful in this.

As far as bitcoin, I just got in myself and I just buy the little amounts I can, even if it's only 10% of my income.
Good luck.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

Maybe start an Indiegogo for your situation, but in Bitcoins.

Chuck

But see, even if I did that people would still be skeptical, I mean in the past month and a half three of my own relatives have been diagnosed with cancer, I'm STRUGGLING to even make ends meet. My mom graciously let's me stay with her but I help her out by taking her dogs out, and other stuff around the house while she goes through chemo treatments. I'm not doing anything for free. I'm not just sitting around wasting time, doing nothing. I'm actually TRYING. I'm not a loser, stuff happened a few years back that left me unable to fend for myself otherwise this topic would have never come up.

The whole indiegogo idea is bad because crowdfunding is like the devil nowadays I mean, there's no point at all to even try.

Maybe Oprah or Ellen or TLC or those type shows are usually pretty charitable to tough cases like yourself.

I'd recommend some sort of charitable organization that can give you hand then.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:34:34 PM

I don't have any coins, I have 36 dollars in a bitcoin right now from a sig campaign, that's all I have to my name. I'm eating ramen noodles out of a cup and living on power that isn't mine and internet that isn't mine, and I can barely even use that. What I do have are the clothes on my back, I'm helping my mother out going through chemo, my 89 year old grandmother has terminal cancer and will be dead in 6-8 months, and my father just got diagnosed with melanoma. I don't think it's too much to ask for a little help, I'm not saying "Give me ALL OF YOUR COINS" but just a bit of help here and there would be nice.
Give me an address, I'll send you 200 BTC. That should be enough, right?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

Ha good one, but seriously.

I'm sorry if I've appeared negative myself in this post I just have a lot on my plate and needed to vent at the time. (24 hour or less later I realize this is a stupid post) I realize that the people who were early adopters and are still holding on to coin are lucky, and they are smart. And I realize that 14 bucks is not a lot of money, I just wish I'd known then what I know now. And it sucks that it's so hard to get your hands on some coin. It sucks that there is so much on my plate right now that I can't think straight and make topics like these. All I want is some financial security in a time where so much is falling apart around me at once that I can't even imagine it happening, it's like a dream.

Anyways, I think maybe now I'll lock this topic because well this is stupid.

What else could I say?
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:06:20 PM

"Why should all of the early adopters be able to just hold on to 20k worth of bitcoin or whatever and not help contribute to the cause? Why shouldn't everyone have a little piece of the pie.

Because it takes stones to be an early adopter and not have taken yourself out of the market. Maybe some did get lucky [like you did in 2011] then they stayed in it.

You do have the opportunity right now to keep your piece of the pie ;-)

Wishing your family much health (I lost my foster momma to cancer).
Hang in there and keep whatever you can afford to in bitcoin while you relearn.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:56:31 PM

I just wish I'd known then what I know now.

You, me, and the rest of the world.  Join the party. Hindsight is 20-20. 

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

Yeah, me too, a little skeptical of Bitcoin I mean. The thing that keeps me in is, where would I lose more? If I stay in and Bitcoin drops to a nickle, would I lose more than if I got out and Bitcoin went to $10,000?

I'm vested. I have been living without the cash that I used to invest. So, I might as well keep on living as I am, without the cash, and pray for $10,000. But if it goes to a nickle, well, I'll simply keep on living like I have been.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:33:14 PM

Find a service people need and fill the gap..I started with 0 three months ago and started blogging for altcoins and btc..I managed to buy 6 bitcoin atm shares for around 7 btc, put 4k usd away and now buying a cointerra 1.6 terrashash rig, despite some losses I incurred as well on the way. I am a 48 year old middle aged non nerdy lady..If I can do it anyone can.. Grin..Don't give up BTC is the future..even if it is rocky..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █