Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to count the income per Mhash by difficulty  (Read 565 times)
kikikuku (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:14:09 AM

how to count the income per Mhash by difficulty

Sad Sad Sad
Ashbite

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:21:30 AM

Well sir there are tons of websites who can calculate this for you. For instance look up coinwarz.com. they have tons of coins and let you calculate mhz/diff.
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:22:32 AM

If your mining bitcoins I suggest using something like coinwarz.com Just plug in all the pertinent informations as the listed profits on "most" pools are not so accurate. For checking altcoins there is a thread where somebody compares a lot of the major multipools where you can get an idea of your likely income. Sorry i couldnt find the link for ya but its updated every day in the altcoin area

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kikikuku (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:13:03 PM

Well sir there are tons of websites who can calculate this for you. For instance look up coinwarz.com. they have tons of coins and let you calculate mhz/diff.

i  need this formula
kikikuku (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:54:40 PM

If your mining bitcoins I suggest using something like coinwarz.com Just plug in all the pertinent informations as the listed profits on "most" pools are not so accurate. For checking altcoins there is a thread where somebody compares a lot of the major multipools where you can get an idea of your likely income. Sorry i couldnt find the link for ya but its updated every day in the altcoin area
i  need this formula
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:20:18 AM

I think the formula would go something like this.

You need to know the current NW hash rate   (eg 500GH)
you need your pool hash rate                          (eg 50GH)
you need to know your personal hash rate     (Eg 1 GH)
you need to know the block time                   (Eg 60 seconds)
and the block reward                                        (eg 50 coins)

For Solo mining, imagine the NW hash rate is 500GH and you are running at 1GH then it means you
have a 1 in 500 chance of solving a block.
when that happens you will get 50 Coins.
but it's only going to happen on average 1 out of 500 times. so every 500 minutes.   
So you will get 50 coins every 500 minutes

In a pool, its a little different, though long term you earn the same amount,
except you earn a  little and often rather than 50 blocks every 500 minutes.

Let's say you are in a pool, the Pool's hash rate is 50GH, you are running 1 of those GH which is a 1 50th.
So when anyone in your pool solves a block, you all share the block of 50 coins and so you will get 1 of those coins every time someone in your pool solves a block.

Every minute, someone solves a block,. but your pool is only 1 tenth f the total Hashrate. so yur pool will only solve a block every ten minutes.

So every ten minutes (on average) you get 1 coin.
1 coin every ten minutes is 500 coins every 50 X ten minutes IE every 500 minutes.
You get the same no in a pool (minus pool fees)  or mining solo, its just that mining solo, you wait ages and ages, then solve a block, whereas in a pool, you get much smaller amount, over smaller intervals of time. 

So the formula would really be    ( Your GH / NW GH)  X Block reward / Block time

In our example above it would be 1/500  * 50 / 1m          = 0.1 coins every minute      (1m  1 minute)

You could modify that to calculate earnings per hour, per day etc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: