Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong ? Why this is considered spamming ? Nobody wants to help me !  (Read 975 times)
Hesham_3del (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:43:27 AM

Hello,

My friend "ampere9765" got nearly all his posts which he posted today most at the off-topic section deleted and he was banned for 30 days for spamming.

He made 100+ posts and he was on-topic.

I can't understand, where is the spamming here ?

Is making 100+ posts per day considered spamming "there are no post limits" ?

How is this considered spamming and the replies are on-topic ? What I know about spamming is copy-paste the replies, or saying any bullshit in the topics ?

What is wrong ? I need help please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:04:11 AM

Your "friend" should consider that he joined a signature campaign just a few minutes before making 100+ posts. Even you should get a slight hint that this sets off a warning lamp and could be considered Spamming.

Just my 2 cents ...

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:08:39 AM

Your "friend" should consider that he joined a signature campaign just a few minutes before making 100+ posts. Even you should get a slight hint that this sets off a warning lamp and could be considered Spamming.

Just my 2 cents ...

I still can't find, what is the wrong here ?

You are right, me started to make that 100+ posts after few minutes signing in a signautre campiagn.

The question is, what is wrong ? If all the replies are legit, no bots, no copy anf paste.

Why this must act as a warning ?
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:28:43 AM

This is still a bitcoin discussion forum not a "i game the system by making a lot of off-topic posts" forum.

I really doubt that most of your 100 posts in a Day can be of quality.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:35:41 AM

This is still a bitcoin discussion forum not a "i game the system by making a lot of off-topic posts" forum.

I really doubt that most of your 100 posts in a Day can be of quality.

1. How they were off-topic ? Off-topic is when the topic is talking about soccer for example, and my reply is about basketball.

2. How shall the posts be quality when the forum is about off-topic topics ? The post are related to the threads and no reply is like the other, and they were all written from scratch and it took him several hours to reach that post count.

3. Off-topic discussion is not mainly bitcoin related, he found himself there and liked to post there, where is the problem ?

Where is the issue then ?!!!!!!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:47:03 AM

At this point, so many people have been banned from posting at off-topic that I would rather just stay away from there and advise you to do so as well if you are in a signature campaign. Posts can be easily considered spam. I encourage you to look elsewhere for anything non-Bitcoin related. If you really want to post in these forums, then it would be better to just create a separate account without any sig campaign and use it to post in the off-topic section. (Of course, this probably won't happen since I am quite sure that most off-topic posters do it for the sake of post count, can't really blame the staff)

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pkofet

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:58:44 AM

Just my 2 cents ...

I still can't find, what is the wrong here ?

You are right, me started to make that 100+ posts after few minutes signing in a signautre campiagn.

The question is, what is wrong ? If all the replies are legit, no bots, no copy anf paste.

Why this must act as a warning ?

Hey, you forgot to use the magic word "my friend". Cheesy

I hope you know ban-evading (if any) may cause your ban to be extended...

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:34:42 AM

Obvious ban evasion/bought account is obvious:

Just a quick question guy, if I will start posting by tomorrow, could I still claim my payment on the 17th ?

Thank you

Some replied with "yeah you need 50 activity though"

But the next day "the friend" comes into the picture:

Starting posts: 300
Bitcoin address: 1NWJwtpf2sBudpM3CyAcFscShF4uvDPTr3

And casually asks if posts in off-topic will get paid:

I've two questions,

1. I've joined the campaign when I was full member, which is today and now I'm Sr. member which is also today, I will be paid as Sr. member, right ?

2. I'm enjoying posting at the off-topic section, will these posts count ?

There have been warnings, but not very strong ones.

-snip-
Many keep saying "don't post so much in off-topic" for the PD campaign. -snip-

Well Sr. Member should know, right?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

Obvious ban evasion/bought account is obvious

Agree.

For ban evasion, the ban will probably be extended to 60 days or even perma-ban since the ban was originally 30 days.
For bought account, the account will probably be left with negative trusts, which made it worthless.

OP should pick one of the consequences now, rather than insisting that is his friend's account lol. Cheesy

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:07:12 AM

No one wants to help you because you acted in an opportunistic and nonconstructive manner. 

You didn't post any links to your posts and I'm not going to go track them down in the cesspool that is off topic and if they were deleted I guess I can't anyway, but if you seriously are asking why they were not very good you need to provide some samples of them.

However, like everyone else who has responded so far, I think it is more likely that you thought you had found a way to make some easy money by exploiting one of the signature campaigns.  You failed.  You should not expect any sympathy.

I hope you'll become a constructive member of the community.
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:54:38 AM

Obvious ban evasion/bought account is obvious:

Just a quick question guy, if I will start posting by tomorrow, could I still claim my payment on the 17th ?

Thank you

Some replied with "yeah you need 50 activity though"

But the next day "the friend" comes into the picture:

Starting posts: 300
Bitcoin address: 1NWJwtpf2sBudpM3CyAcFscShF4uvDPTr3

And casually asks if posts in off-topic will get paid:

I've two questions,

1. I've joined the campaign when I was full member, which is today and now I'm Sr. member which is also today, I will be paid as Sr. member, right ?

2. I'm enjoying posting at the off-topic section, will these posts count ?

There have been warnings, but not very strong ones.

-snip-
Many keep saying "don't post so much in off-topic" for the PD campaign. -snip-

Well Sr. Member should know, right?

My quote there is being taken a little bit out of context though. If you post in off-topic on a daily basis you should be alright, but as I understand from this guy that got banned he posted over 100 posts in a single day in the off-topic section. Not a very good start and will obviously gain a lot of attention from mods. It just seems like people have heard about the sig campaigns and have started to join them without even knowing anything about bitcoins. So the only place they can post was apparently off-topic so he decided to spam it up. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: