Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dump 3k bitcoins and we break $600  (Read 2195 times)
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:46:16 AM

we almost broke $550, $500 is not so far away

I don't see us going back to $500. I have been wrong many times though. I think we are in the midst of too much good news right now...
many good news and weak hand still sell their BTC
we need super big news that will help many investor believe in BTC

like 30000 government sanctioned coins for sale at auction likely to sell under market price?

The coins will likely sell for a discount

anyway the guys buying this amount will not sold in a long time, they will hold them for sure.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:16:51 AM

we almost broke $550, $500 is not so far away

I don't see us going back to $500. I have been wrong many times though. I think we are in the midst of too much good news right now...
many good news and weak hand still sell their BTC
we need super big news that will help many investor believe in BTC

like 30000 government sanctioned coins for sale at auction likely to sell under market price?

The coins will likely sell for a discount

anyway the guys buying this amount will not sold in a long time, they will hold them for sure.

That is not necessarily true.

When companies offer a "secondary" offering of stock (offering a large amount of stock for sale after it has gone public) the stock usually trades at somewhat of a discount and the buyer will often sell it on the open market right away, profiting off the difference between what they bought it at and the price they sold on the market. Kind of like an arbitrage.

I would not be surprised if people did not at least attempt to do this for the FBI auction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: