Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I like this a LOT :)  (Read 2245 times)
pinksheep (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:12:55 AM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101750703 Apologies if it has already been posted elsewhere.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:16:34 AM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101750703 Apologies if it has already been posted elsewhere.
Can't seem to find the date when it was posted? Is it new article? Cuz i've heard about it already nut not on such big news site Smiley
pinksheep (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:19:06 AM

It says 19 hours ago under the title, but it may have appeared elsewhere in the past - I don't know. Also the video clip which is included is dated 10 June 2014. One thing I find strange is the comment that the $ & BTC move in a similar direction, while gold moves in the opposite direction. Surely as the $ declines BTC should increase in value?

PRIMEDICE
DubFX

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:23:45 AM

It says 19 hours ago under the title, but it may have appeared elsewhere in the past - I don't know. Also the video clip which is included is dated 10 June 2014. One thing I find strange is the comment that the $ & BTC move in a similar direction, while gold moves in the opposite direction. Surely as the $ declines BTC should increase in value?
Oh i see it now, yep i noticed it too but similar=the same so it should be like if dolar is gaining value then bitcoin does too, no?
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Yes, it's odd - at the beginning it states that Bitcoin is considered a safe store of value "to protect from wild swings in fiat currencies...", but then goes on to say the U.S. dollar and bitcoin move in the same direction, while gold moves in the opposite direction.

Confused article that doesn't really tell us anything.
pinksheep (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:28:42 AM

Also if I heard correctly, the video clip said that as adoption becomes widespread, the price will increase but then crash? Strange? I can understand volatility decreasing as adoption increases but not the price. Must listen it again in case I've got it wrong.

PRIMEDICE
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:03:26 PM

I specially like that this has been posted by CNBC.
Going mainstream very fast!
pinksheep (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:07:37 PM

Oh, just seen I've become a Full Member, exciting, higher signature payments now Smiley

PRIMEDICE
okthen

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:13:12 PM

Oh, just seen I've become a Full Member, exciting, higher signature payments now Smiley

Don't forget to update your signature! Smiley
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

Oh i see it now, yep i noticed it too but similar=the same so it should be like if dolar is gaining value then bitcoin does too, no?

Until BTC is a major contender for capital flight from USD, it won't have the reverse correlation. Remember, most people in the world still don't know about Bitcoin, and many people I've read the posts of (who are gold bugs) are adamantly against Bitcoin. At these prices, there isn't enough room in Bitcoin for everyone, so the price will have to be higher for BTC to fill either of those spots.

pinksheep (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:14:35 PM

Oh thanks, never remembered about that Smiley

PRIMEDICE
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Also if I heard correctly, the video clip said that as adoption becomes widespread, the price will increase but then crash? Strange? I can understand volatility decreasing as adoption increases but not the price. Must listen it again in case I've got it wrong.

Haven't seen the video yet, but they may be insinuating that the price will fall because as adoption becomes widespread by merchants, there will be more companies immediately selling off their holdings once they sell goods or services for BTC
durrrr

Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

Why would $ decline when bitcoin rises in value? Do U really think bitcoin makes it go down

Marlo Stanfield

Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:53:17 PM

Yes, it's odd - at the beginning it states that Bitcoin is considered a safe store of value "to protect from wild swings in fiat currencies...", but then goes on to say the U.S. dollar and bitcoin move in the same direction, while gold moves in the opposite direction.

Confused article that doesn't really tell us anything.

Yeah the "wild swings in fiat currencies" part really threw me for a loop, lol Tongue

Especially considering the context we're talking about here is bitcoin, haha.  Cheesy
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

Why would $ decline when bitcoin rises in value? Do U really think bitcoin makes it go down

Lack of demand = lower value, worth less.

People exchanging fiat for bitcoin means they put less value in usd and more in btc...so bitcoin goes up, usd goes down. Once mega money starts cashing in to bitcoin, the usd value will drop more significantly...it's basically people dumping fiat for some other currency. Every time China does it the dollar falls.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:22:47 PM

People exchanging fiat for bitcoin means they put less value in usd and more in btc...so bitcoin goes up, usd goes down. Once mega money starts cashing in to bitcoin, the usd value will drop more significantly...it's basically people dumping fiat for some other currency. Every time China does it the dollar falls.

bitcoin does not have that big of a market cap to make that much of a difference in the price of the dollar.

The market cap of bitcoin is well under $10 billion. There are tens of trillions of dollars worth of dollars.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:41:27 PM

bitcoin does not have that big of a market cap to make that much of a difference in the price of the dollar.

The market cap of bitcoin is well under $10 billion. There are tens of trillions of dollars worth of dollars.

true. usd market cap is more than 18.7 trillion. btc is like 8+ billion
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:38:25 PM

This is why bitcoin is more appropriate for 3rd world countries.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

It's 70K merchants not 17K and the number is growing daily.

Yesterday it was Expedia and within 10 years people will be surprised when a merchant doesn't accept Bitcoin.
okthen

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:47:47 PM

This is why bitcoin is more appropriate for 3rd world countries.

Well you can see it the other way around.
It represents such a small percentage that it will most likely be held by the eastern world.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: