Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Conflict resolution) Chaang Noi / Matthew W  (Read 3313 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 06:47:31 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 11:04:01 AM by Chaang Noi (Goat)

Matthew Wright and I are similar in that we are both about the same age and American expats living in Asia.  However we differ greatly on our styles of personality and our business methodology.  I believe our differences have made it hard for us to communicate and work well with each other.

I am writing about this issue here in the forum to try and resolve it in a helpful and friendly manner. Matthew himself came up with this idea and other members I respect have said it would also be good.

As all of you are aware Matthew started a magazine and began selling advertising space. I was one of the first to buy a full page ad and paid Matthew directly.  This ad was to be placed in the first issue. I had asked him about the design of the ad and he said he would personally take care of it if I bought a one year print and digital subscription. This I agreed to and paid directly to Matthew.

While talking to Matthew he became aware that I was going to be using a website to promote bitcoin related projects and he said he would try to find someone for me as he knew many people with the skill set. I then told him about what I expected from the site and he said that he would be able to do the work and would be able to do it before the first magazine was printed on Feb 5th. We agreed to a price of 50 BTC ($250-$300 USD at the time). I paid the 50 BTC directly to Matthew. He told me he was expensive but I said that it was okay as I wanted a very professional website. I was very impressed with the few adverts that had been posted at the time and was willing to pay for that sort of design work. I believe that I made it very clear that the reason why I was going with his offer was because I wanted it to look as sharp as the adverts he designed. When people went to my site I wanted them to go “wow”!

After a few weeks and the Feb 5th deadline he told me not to worry as things were getting pushed back and that he will still do it before the mag was printed. At this time I said okay, I understand things get delayed. However about a week later as I was getting impatient he said he no longer had the time to finish the website. He had started setting it up and added a wordpress theme to the site. At that time he offered to give me a full refund. I declined the full refund as I felt he should be paid something for the work that he did do and I was unable to value that work correctly. So I just left it at that and assumed we would work something out later.

After asking about the progression of the advertisement he told me that he was not willing to start on it until the website was completed. He told me that he would model the design of the ad on the website. I do not understand this policy. I am also disappointed because I feel that the work that is being done on the website now is not at the level that I had expected from the onset. I have no idea how the ad will look. I also have no idea if he will be able to provide me with an ad that I can approve before the deadline. I am not aware of a firm deadline.

In order to try and beat this unknown deadline I have been trying to add to the site and upload graphics that I stole from Google search just to get something done. I am not good with this sort of work and did not get the training from Matthew that he told me I would get. I installed Skype at his request to help in this but nothing happened. Also with the very limited time I have to try and work on this the website has gone down from time to time. I know, these things happen.

About the ad I am now being told to talk to a guy named Adam about this. I talked with him shortly before but he was not willing to ad me on Skype. However since everything has been directly done with Matthew and myself I feel that it would not be productive to have Adam jump into this. Also Matthew made it very clear that he would personally design my advert.

At this time I would like to accept a reasonable refund on the website work. I would also like to know when the deadline for the magazine is as If I have time I would like to start completely over. I would also like Matthew to start working on the advertisement and be included in the design. I think this would be a good way to produce an advertisement that I can approve.

From the start I was very interested in his magazine and I had assumed that I would be a repeat advertiser. I had even planned to buy a half page ad in the first issue but wanted to see the full page ad first. I do hope that this project of his does well and I do support it. However we also need to resolve some of my concerns. I think this thread will be the best place to do it.

I would like to post a BTC address here for the refund of the website work. 1Yj6hiWeLL8pxCtCVrtfpNFKhrJUwjT5d

I would like to ask that all posters in this thread only add if they have helpful ideas on conflict resolution. I would like to stay on topic. Thank you for respecting this.

(edit for formatting)
(edit got rid of two double words)

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:00:23 PM

I would like to ask that all posters in this thread only add if they have helpful ideas on conflict resolution. I would like to stay on topic. Thank you for respecting this.
Note: as a local thread rule, this will be enforced.

Now, on an on-topic note, I was under the impression from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64772.0 that Matthew was willing to work with you to fix this. I believe he mentioned that he wants to refund you in whole for the website work.

I really don't get why he doesn't just talk to you...

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

kiss and make up boys...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:17:17 AM

You know about this thread and you are not responding. Again I have done everything you have asked me to do. I have jumped a lot of hoops for you. This forum and in the thread is the only place I will communicate with you. You need to respond here.
Well... Umm... Full disclosure here: He's banned for two days for trolling. If you reach him through some other means, please keep us up to date, though.

Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:15:46 AM

As many of you know Matthew and I have had some issue on him providing work he has been paid for. Many reading this thread will find this interesting.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64961.0
Matthew already pasted what really happened with about 10 pages of forum PM and Skype logs on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64772.0 so I don't think your opinion really matters, neither does his. Just the logs themselves mattered and we've already all seen them.

Because Matthew will not talk with me (took me off skype and did not respond to the thread he asked me to make)
Matthew is not speaking to you directly because you are wasting his time now and borderline harassing him. He's already agreed to a full refund above and beyond what should be done, you have merely ignored every single attempt at instructions on how to get that refund and confused matters with your lack of English proficiency.

Since you have already agreed that by your own admission 2 weeks ago that you would rather not wait any longer for the very busy Matthew, he was going to provide you a refund for website design (even including hosting which is coming out of his pocket) and you agreed but never provided a refund address. It was at that time that out of good faith, Matthew even went in to your thread looking for a replacement and gave an outline of what you would need assistance with. He has also provided you with all information your new designer required. Since you have agreed not to be using Matthew for webdesign and have agreed to receive a refund, calling him a scammer because you have not provided a refund address to the individual you have been notified repeatedly is in charge of refunds is downright childish and reckless of you.

Matthew has told you numerous times (check your logs) that he was no longer in charge of customer/advertising accounts as it distracts him from working on the magazine and assigned that job to Adam Harding. Adam Harding handles all customer issues and refunds now.

He also made it clear that the last time you went to the forums without contacting him and made a statement to the tune of "Matthew took me for 100BTC! Be careful!" that he no longer had interest in working with you. The only reason he has patronized you to this point is because of his professional obligations at the magazine, which he is responsible for providing an advertisement for you.

After telling you about a refund, you made it clear on those Skype logs that you weren't interested in a refund, but then recently (in the past few days) decided suddenly that not only do you potentially want a refund for a private (non-magazine related) website work, you also want a refund for a magazine subscription that you purchased. This is totally fine, but Matthew does not handle those refunds-- Adam Harding does. Matthew also made it clear that he would not be processing those refunds personally as that is not his duty, job or right to do so any longer.

I have been advised to make a thread with all of the related evidence so he will formally be labeled as a scammer. This I will do as soon as I am able to gather all of the evidence in a readable way.
Matthew is not a scammer and he has already provided the community with more than enough evidence as to what happened. The issue right now is that you refuse to talk to Adam Harding who contacted you directly on February 14th, 2012 with the following message:

[2/14/2012 12:17:43 PM] Adam Harding: Hi Chaang,
I have been informed by Matthew that he will be refunding you for both the ad and the website. Please send an email to bittalk.tv@gmail.com with your desired receiving address for the refund to be processed to.

You have a contact email address provided by the person in charge of refunds and customer accounts, but in checking, you have never once contacted that email address for a refund. You then post on the magazine thread stating that you are pushing to have Matthew labeled as a scammer because you did not get a refund. This is the type of frustration Matthew has been facing with dealing with you from day one according to those Skype logs. You seem to be irrational, impatient, and constantly changing what you say. It won't be tolerated and I am sure no one wants anything more than just give you a refund and send you on your merry way with the lesson to not do business with people in the future who don't know what to expect.

I would like to make it clear that I am asking for a full refund on everything that I have paid for. Matthew has more than once stated he will give me a 50 BTC refund for the website but I would like a refund for the adverts and the mag as well.
It is completely your call on that one, but refunds will never be made by posting on this thread, no matter how childishly it's done. You'll need to contact the person in charge of customer and advertising accounts, Adam Harding.

Matthew has recently been banned from bitcointalk.org so I will update this thread as soon as any bitcoins are repaid to me or he does make contact with me.
Matthew will not be contacting you ever again. No one will ever be able to send you a refund either, as you have not even bothered to follow even the slightest instructions. Adam Harding can process your refund instantaneously upon request, all he needs is a bitcoin receiving address. Why are you posting slanderous allegations on the magazine thread that have absolutely nothing to do with the magazine? Isn't this issue about webhosting and design he was offering privately and then you later agreed to find a replacement because your initial approved terms of "whenever he has time" changed to "I need it right now because of an investor"? You have no leg to stand on here and this is all entirely irrational behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry for this bad news but I think it is best the community knows about this. He has had more than enough time to deal with this.
He has been attempting to deal with this (and you) for some time, but according to Skype logs, you simply don't understand English. I'll reiterate here so that the mods, admin, yourself and community can all see this:

If you want a refund for a magazine, please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

If you want a refund for advertising space, please contact Adam Harding (and also be aware that traditionally it is non-refundable, but under these circumstances there was a complicated personal and business agreement made that cannot be honored so a refund is possible).

If you want a refund for the webdesign (which although originally a private contract with Matthew, all proceeds went to the Bitcoin Magazine), please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

Adam Harding's contact information is adam@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Fair warning, this kind of childish slander on the magazine thread about something you clearly dropped the ball on will do nothing but bring bad publicity to your own business endeavors. You might want to stop cross-thread posting about this when you already have a communication channel open.

Thanks.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:17:09 AM

Please have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61017.msg764233#msg764233. I think Phinnaeus Gage's comment here is appropriate.
Matthew has asked me to respond to your accusations here. 9 days ago, 14 February,  you were offered a full refund by Adam for both the ad and the website. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why you're stating otherwise.
Quote from: Adam Harding
Hi Chaang,
I have been informed by Matthew that he will be refunding you for both the ad and the website. Please send an email to bittalk.tv@gmail.com with your desired receiving address for the refund to be processed to.
Unless I'm missing something, I see this resolved with one email and one transfer of bitcoins. I hope to see this resolved soon for all those concerned. I would hate to see this dragged out must longer, for you never know who's reading this forum and how they may perceive this situation.

~Bruno~

bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:36:11 PM

We have told you this many times but I guess I will have to again.

GOAT - REPLY TO EMAILS PLEASE, ESPECIALLY BEFORE POSTING THEM TO THE FORUM. THIS FORUM IS NOT CONSIDERED A VALID MEANS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:24:44 AM

e-mail was replied to, no coins yet...
As silly as this sounds... I need proof that an email with an address was sent. As per your agreement with the magazine, you are supposed to provide them with an address. By failing to do so, one could argue that not providing an address as per the agreement makes you a scammer.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 11:14:19 AM

You punished Goat by renaming him "Fussy Prick" with a picture of a woman as his avatar (the BTCTalk equivalent of a scammer tag)? ... Really?

ETA: .... .... Matt's also now "Fussy Prick"? Huh Confused.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 11:25:53 AM

You punished Goat by renaming him "Fussy Prick" with a picture of a woman as his avatar (the BTCTalk equivalent of a scammer tag)? ... Really?

No mate, This is me Chaang-Noi (Goat)   I did this to my own account because of the link in my sig.

I thought it was a funny joke  Cheesy
*strokes beard* Not sure if serious. If you're the real Goat, I want a timestamped picture of you with shoe on head.

Anyway, I should have the coin (depending on the amount being sought) we talked about within a couple weeks if you're still interested. Wasn't sure if I should send the message to "Fussy Prick" or not because I'm still not totally convinced you are Goat and not Maged's "other" personality having fun with accounts. I'm going to go have a cup of coffee.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:25:20 PM

No mate, This is me Chaang-Noi (Goat)   I did this to my own account because of the link in my sig.

I thought it was a funny joke  Cheesy
*strokes beard* Not sure if serious. If you're the real Goat, I want a timestamped picture of you with shoe on head.

Anyway, I should have the coin (depending on the amount being sought) we talked about within a couple weeks if you're still interested. Wasn't sure if I should send the message to "Fussy Prick" or not because I'm still not totally convinced you are Goat and not Maged's "other" personality having fun with accounts. I'm going to go have a cup of coffee.
Donators are given the ability to change their own names. Stop being confused Tongue

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:04:22 PM

Thanks for finally acting in good faith, Goat.
One of the issues I have not been able to resolve with Matthew is if the word press software he put on my site is pirated or not. I have been told by friends that it is but I do not know how to verify that with out contacting these guys here. http://www.elegantthemes.com/contact.html

Can someone with a bit more knowledge in this area please advise me. If it is illegal I need to take it down A.S.A.P Shocked

Thank you.
Uhh... what's your website again?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: