Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside the mind of "The Manipulator(s)"  (Read 1878 times)
AndDuffy (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 08:07:30 AM

Maybe he put up these bidwalls right before he goes to sleep just so the market won't change dramatically overnight. He just wants absolute control.

Any thoughts on this, or any other analyses on the psychology behind the manipulator's actions? I'm looking for specific reasons that he acts like he does, not just
"He wants to make the price go up/down/stay the same."

And yes, I'm quite aware that there is likely more than one manipulator, but I used the singular simply to avoid confusion.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 08:22:45 AM

Large walls are put up to give a sense of support. Traders feel safer putting an order down in front of these walls.

When facing a 20k wall such as the current one, the buys tend to back off a little.

He is definitely trying to accomplish something. Whether cheap BTC, or a bigger profit on a short position. We can only speculate on his reasoning really!

Big movements set into action by him are likely to trigger panic (buying or selling) in the market. This one however, is getting less and less effective as it has been done so many times before. People just don't fall for it anymore.

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 08:47:39 AM

I think he is buying now - the walls make it possible to buy cheap.  Then he'll remove the bidwalls and it should go up.  Hard to predict when he plans to sell - does he think that it will quickly break 7.2 and shoot back to double digits?  Or will he start slowly selling immediately - so that he'll manage to sell everything when the rally stops around 5.5 and the price falls back down?
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:51:01 PM

I think he is buying now - the walls make it possible to buy cheap.  Then he'll remove the bidwalls and it should go up.  Hard to predict when he plans to sell - does he think that it will quickly break 7.2 and shoot back to double digits?  Or will he start slowly selling immediately - so that he'll manage to sell everything when the rally stops around 5.5 and the price falls back down?

I think there are a lot of leftover ask walls from the first rally, so this one will unfortunately have to stop short of 7.2 on its first wave, unlike the first rally (back then there was only 15k BTC every $1 up).

(BFL)^2 < 0
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:25:56 PM

I think there are a lot of leftover ask walls from the first rally, so this one will unfortunately have to stop short of 7.2 on its first wave, unlike the first rally (back then there was only 15k BTC every $1 up).

This is true. The resistance at $7-7.20 is going to be massive.
Even getting passed $6.10 is going to be tough.

cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:00:05 PM

If 20K wall stops the 'rally', then it is not a rally at all. From a contrarian perspective, such big walls in either sides creates a healthy depth and hence matures the market as a whole. We have seen in past what happens when there is no or little depth. So, may be the so called manipulators are trying to create a healthy bitcoin currency market.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:49:40 PM

If I was a manipulator, I would not sell 5.5 6.1 7.2 .... I would have sold in small batches above double digits. In any case, I think that the manipulator - he created this project and will carry to the grave with a coin, will not sell everything completely. I feel suspicious of the fact that yesterday was not available immediately are many sites related to bitkoin. I think this is a company that claims to be a lot of different markets and forum sites ..it's the only ONE M A N I P U L A T O R Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: