Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FTC] Feathercoin Development Overview  (Read 26823 times)
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:59:33 PM

Mainpost updated:

Added:

Official Feathercoin Newsletter #34

- NeoScrypt P2Pool for testing available.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

ChekaZ can you add rPi price ticker please?
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:29:02 PM

ChekaZ can you add rPi price ticker please?

Thanks for that suggestion, added.

Mainpost updated.

Added:

Raspbery Pi based FTC Ticker

ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:34:14 PM

Mainpost updated!

Added:

Press Release #NeoScrypt

Whitepaper to follow.

PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

I'm not one who goes around criticizing coins but am just saying it's always been a mystery how Feathercoin has managed to survive on it's own blockchain for so long?!

It's got exactly the same genesis block, nonce, merkle root and magic bytes as Litecoin. Shouldn't this be causing catastrophic headaches for everyone involved?
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:22:02 PM

I'm not one who goes around criticizing coins but am just saying it's always been a mystery how Feathercoin has managed to survive on it's own blockchain for so long?!

It's got exactly the same genesis block, nonce, merkle root and magic bytes as Litecoin. Shouldn't this be causing catastrophic headaches for everyone involved?

There is a solution in the works for this.

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:45:44 PM

Neoscrypt is opensource now:

GitHub:
https://github.com/ghostlander/NeoScrypt

Whitepaper
http://phoenixcoin.org/archive/neoscrypt_v1.pdf
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

Added.

thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:34:29 PM

Is it a good time to buy feathercoin with all these new developments happening?
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:19:32 AM

Well, noone likes to give financial advice, because it's risky business. On the other hand, if you look current development on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704588.0 you can make your own conclusions. Once NeoScrypt kicks in, and ASIC miners stop dumping, I guess there should be some differences in price...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:24:54 AM

Well, noone likes to give financial advice, because it's risky business. On the other hand, if you look current development on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704588.0 you can make your own conclusions. Once NeoScrypt kicks in, and ASIC miners stop dumping, I guess there should be some differences in price...

I highly doubt that any existing ASIC miners are mining FTC in any meaningful amount.

Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception. I personally see no value in FTC currently.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:49:44 AM

....Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception....

Have a flick through our newsletters for the last 8 months.. https://www.feathercoin.com/category/Newsletter/

Or here's a copy and paste of something you might have missed on the other thread you've replied to..

From Point of sales equipment and ATM's to embedding magnet links in our blockchain, and even working with a local council to educate and help them establish their own localised crypto currency.
Feather ATM | Link/Flux | Hull City Council

We're sending a ftc wallet literally to the moon's surface, and raised a ton of money for cancer research.
Ftc to Moon | PCUK

We have created an open source solution for checkpointing and also diff re-targeting that puts all the gravity wells to shame.
ACP | eHRC.

These projects have all been achieved over roughly ftc's first 12 months of life, where we have survived multiple hardforks, a 51% attack and a forum hack.

Endlessly the Feathercoin community has worked with other coins to either help or even in some cases save their coin.

ftc's ethos is that we should all be working together to create the best open source solutions possible.

You just wait and see what else we have planned.. or, come on over to the forum and find out for yourself..

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:20:06 AM

I highly doubt that any existing ASIC miners are mining FTC in any meaningful amount.

Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception. I personally see no value in FTC currently.

FTC always been perceived as a coin created simply for the missed the btc boat crowd. Tried to market itself as the something (I have no idea what) to LTC silver of BTC gold but yeah few ever bought that....

So think my question is, whats the point to feather coin?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:55:45 AM

Smothie,

FTC just evolved Scrypt in certain way (completely different from Scrypt-Jane or Scrypt-N), I don't see nothing wrong at it.
In fact Feathercoin just offered whole Scrypt ecosystem new direction.

We should all be happy somebody is trying to push the algo forward and is developing new aplications.
Especially todays when 90% of new coins are complete scam.
I was never biggest Litecoin fan, but I do like your LTC related products.

I will be very hapy to try my GPUs at this algorithm.
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:08:09 AM

So think my question is, whats the point to feather coin?

99% of the coins out there are stuck in their ways. They have a niche and think that makes them special. Feathercoin takes the best idea's from these niche coins, and creates an open source solution which can be copied into any other coin.

In the coming months will have what's needed on github to implement ftc into http://projectskyhook.com/

Not that we don't all ready have an open source ATM for ftc that any other coin can copy, but more the better right?

We are one of the few coins who will continue to adapt and evolve. btc and ltc have found their place. They are somewhat set in stone and no longer have the true freedom to experiment with the blockchain technology..

tl:dr - So what is the point?

Feathercoin picks up from where Satoshi left off.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:17:23 AM

This was the first coin I mined, thought it was almost finished but its getting back. Good luck Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

....Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception....

Have a flick through our newsletters for the last 8 months.. https://www.feathercoin.com/category/Newsletter/

Or here's a copy and paste of something you might have missed on the other thread you've replied to..

From Point of sales equipment and ATM's to embedding magnet links in our blockchain, and even working with a local council to educate and help them establish their own localised crypto currency.
Feather ATM | Link/Flux | Hull City Council

We're sending a ftc wallet literally to the moon's surface, and raised a ton of money for cancer research.
Ftc to Moon | PCUK

We have created an open source solution for checkpointing and also diff re-targeting that puts all the gravity wells to shame.
ACP | eHRC.

These projects have all been achieved over roughly ftc's first 12 months of life, where we have survived multiple hardforks, a 51% attack and a forum hack.

Endlessly the Feathercoin community has worked with other coins to either help or even in some cases save their coin.

ftc's ethos is that we should all be working together to create the best open source solutions possible.

You just wait and see what else we have planned.. or, come on over to the forum and find out for yourself..

No thanks.

I've looked prior to this discussion and all I see is the same stuff that should have been done long ago. As I said, Feathercoin is irrelevant in the big picture. That is my opinion.

~A year ago I sold the last of my FTC and haven't looked back...sure enough the price (as on metric of confidence in FTC) is 95-98% down since in terms of Bitcoin.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

Smothie,

FTC just evolved Scrypt in certain way (completely different from Scrypt-Jane or Scrypt-N), I don't see nothing wrong at it.

We should all be happy somebody is trying to push the algo forward and is developing new aplications.

1. the new algorithm has not stood the test of time. It is new code and very well may have side effects unforeseen. Who knows.

2. This stuff should have been done long before Feathercoin ever launched (over a year ago) as a copy-paste clone of Litecoin.

3. The direction Feathercoin is going is back into the GPU mining arena and will need to compete with 1000's of new coins that can be mined with GPUs/CPUs. What makes feathercoin so special that the majority of that market of miners will choose feathercoin over all the other options? My guess...they likely won't choos Feathercoin.

I am not saying that Feathercoin is a scam or that the FTC community are dishonest etc etc...what I am saying is that I believe Feathercoin is irrelevant. There is nothing that makes FTC stand out from the rest of the alt-coins out there that can be mined with GPU/CPU.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:43:27 PM

...sure enough the price (as on metric of confidence in FTC) is 95-98% down since in terms of Bitcoin.

How on earth do you quantify that?

ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:56:11 PM

Smothie,

1. the new algorithm has not stood the test of time. It is new code and very well may have side effects unforeseen. Who knows.

2. This stuff should have been done long before Feathercoin ever launched (over a year ago) as a copy-paste clone of Litecoin.

3. The direction Feathercoin is going is back into the GPU mining arena and will need to compete with 1000's of new coins that can be mined with GPUs/CPUs. What makes feathercoin so special that the majority of that market of miners will choose feathercoin over all the other options? My guess...they likely won't choos Feathercoin.

I am not saying that Feathercoin is a scam or that the FTC community are dishonest etc etc...what I am saying is that I believe Feathercoin is irrelevant. There is nothing that makes FTC stand out from the rest of the alt-coins out there that can be mined with GPU/CPU.

Litecoin Fanboy detected, your arguments are invalid.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: